foamy248

I mean, if that's the direction foamy wants to take the Lost Angels then that's cool as well, hell could lead to some cool fluff. I can already picture my Archmagos Serghar going to reinforce a loyalist force somewhere, and then redirecting his forces to go hunt the Lost Angels upon hearing about an active Silica Animus

Yah that's okay. It would be good if you supplied a pursuing/ hunting force that would eventually have a confrontation with the Lost Angels. I don't know what the outcome would be, but Eros has to get to Terra to eventually fight alongside his Primarch. I'm developing other characters (commander of the Parable of Hope, crazy sniper guy) that I guess could be killed by a mechanicum Abysii character, though.

I've been thinking about Eros and Damocles' nature/personalities, and just having watched Rogue One, I like the idea of Damocles being pretty snarky and sarcastic (so pretty similar to K-2SO) as well as aloof at other automata that are not self-aware. Eros will be more brooding and melancholy, I suppose, given what he's witnessed.

Shao Otwei watched with bored disinterest as arming servitors mechanically fitted his wrist guards and shoulder pads onto his broad form. The plate was a grey the colour of storm clouds - the colour of the Harbingers legion, although his wrist guards were etched in scrawling script recording his many glorious martial victories. With a steamy hiss, his battle plate sealed and locked, and Shao grabbed his glaive. He strode out of the arming chamber, first noticing the flashing strobe lights warning of imminent engagement. Harbinger marines jogged through the hall, preparing for the inevitable combat. They were prepared, however. For six weeks, the Harbinger frigate had been stalking its quarry. And now, the prey would be mauled, decapitated, butchered. Marines in reinforced Mk. III plate carrying breaching charges strode toward exit hatchways. Shao scowled at the thought of an inglorious combat. It would be justified, he thought to himself, as it would bring further glories to the first legion. And to himself.

Klaxons now rang out and wailed warnings. Shao grabbed hold of a safety strap latched onto the hall's ceiling as he braced for impact. He took a deep breath and counted to ten. The ship shuddered and rocked, and Shao heard the screeching groan of the two ships colliding. Then, he ran. He ran to the front of the ship, to the reinforced battering hull where marines were setting high-impact boarding charges. Explosives were being placed onto the exposed hull of the enemy ship. The breachers backed away, and then detonated the charges. Fiery blossoms bloomed and leaking scorched debris and molten ceramite. More charges were set. More explosions. Again and again, this process was repeated until a gaping maw was imposed into the reinforced cladding of the enemy warship. 

"Forward!" Shao screamed. Bolt rounds were poured into the hole, and enemy bodies collapsed and staggered. Legion breachers strode into the opening, their boarding shields protecting them from enemy fire. Shao followed them, scything down charcoal-coloured marines with his glaive. They were pitiful, he thought in disgust, not worthy of his effort. He waved more marines through, and twisted a cluster of grenades from his webbing. Shao surged ahead of the breachers, and once again began cleaving through enemy troops. He started to run. A sergeant charged at him. Shao ducked his swung powerfist. "For the Emperor!" the sergeant growled. Shao parried with his glaive, and jammed the now-primed grenades into the sergeant's still-open mouth. He rolled backwards as the sergeant exploded in a shower of gore and blood, the fiery inferno taking other marines with him.

Emboldened, Shao and other Harbingers strode forwards. A plasteel door lay ahead, which Shao charged through into a smaller room. The light was ruddy and golden, and the corners were wreathed in pools of inky shadow. Shao sensed movement. "Show yourself, coward," he sneered.

A massive fist the size of him swung out, completely compressing Shao against a wall in a shower of red mist and gore.

"Here I am," a metallic voice grated. 

Edited by foamy248

• 2 weeks later...

Damocles Part Two - Electric Boogaloo 

The behemoth was clad in steel and ceramite, with little tubes of chemicals spiderwebbing its body from a central powerplant mounted on its broad back. Hulagu estimated it was at least the height of a legion dreadnought, although slightly less bulky. The behemoth's black-painted armour was smattered in streaks of Harbringer blood, and a red mist seemed to cloak and enshroud its form as it cleaved through Hulagu's brothers. Hulagu felt himself seethe in righteous fury - how could this happen? How? He and his brethren stood for Icarian's glorious dream, where the corruption and woeful tyranny that oppressed humanity would be scraped away like a rotten fungus. It was only right! Hulagu's hearts filled with despair as he watched Shao being grinded into a wall as if he was a bug. How could this happen? Each Harbringer astartes was a demigod, each one capable of feats only dreamed of by unmodified humans. And yet... and yet... this creature... this insidious, wretched monster sheared through them with an obnoxious, arrogant ease that made Hulagu grind his teeth in fury. Hulagu ducked behind a slab of twisted ceramite, and took out a melta bomb. This would end. With a glorious battle cry, Hulagu charged at the behemoth. He charged for the freedom of humanity, and the death of the Emperor that enslaved and manipulated the beings that adored him. He charged for Icarion, the demigod that had the wisdom to see. And he charged for his people on Madrigal, beautiful, sweet Madrigal. Hulagu primed the grenade, and launched himself into the cruel monster in a suicide dive that, he knew, would end in blazing glory and hope for the Insurrection.

The behemoth  picked up the marine and compressed him like an unaugmented human might have compressed a poorly manufactured tin can. A notification rune appeared on its visuals feed, notifying it that a secure vox-channel had been established.

"Breached deck nearly cleared," it voxed.

"Good. Any identified marine heraldry, Damocles?"

"Affirmative. Harbringers, like we thought."

​A grunt filtered over the channel, and Damocles broke the connection. A small fire-team of Lost Angels ducked through the breach, into the enemy ship. This was stupid, Damocles decided, because of the high number of enemies likely concealed near the breach, waiting for stupid Lost Angels to charge through. No, there had to be be a larger, more massed effort to finally enter the enemy war vessel.

"Would you like to know the chance of you being destroyed by massed enemy bolt-fire?" Damocles called out.

The squad captain shrugged, and continued firing.

"It's high," Damocles replied, as the squad was destroyed by massed enemy bolt-fire.

Damocles shrugged, and ducked behind cover, waiting for reinforcements. 

Edited by foamy248

N1. ^^

Curious to see if you'll implement "You knew that this wasn't me, right?" http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

Haha that would be pretty funny. I don't think I could pull it off given that Damocles is pretty much unique in aesthetic, where the droid in Roque One was of a common build (and so it was likely that there would be one just walking around that could have been mistaken for the actual droid). I could do something similar, though... http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/msn-wink.gif

I'm working on fluff and rules for more characters, and have been in contact with Talonair about a... confrontation between the Abysii and Lost Angels. 

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/fakenopic.gif http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/whoops.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, need a Predator character? ^^

When were the Lost Angels founded? Prior of after Terra? Depending on this, I'm considering a loyal Bloodlord or a Blackshield of another tribe.

Story: Blind Justice

Characters: Archmagos Serghar Novus, Commander Eros

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Commander Eros! Our sensors have detected a Mechanicum battlegroup inbound! They will transition to realspace in the next minute!"

"All hands, on alert." Eros turned his steel-grey eyes to the bridge officer who spoke. "How many?"

"Unknown. Force identifies as the 'Taghmata Serghar'."

"A full Taghmata... They must know, all hands to battle stations!" Sirens started blaring across the ship as the crew raced to ready the ship for combat.

"Mechanicum fleet transitioning in three, two, on-" Eros squinted, averting his eyes from the display as reality was torn asunder, the gaping wound in space ripped open as the massive bulk of a Mechanicum Ark breached into realspace, bringing with it a sizable battlegroup. "They are hail.. No, not hailing, they're forcing their way into our comms, I can't stop them." The comm crackled with static for a moment, before the display changed, now showing a broadcast of a tech-priest. A red-robed figure, hovering above the deck, a single green lens peering out from under the hood, a brace of mechadendrites snaking about him, one metal hand resting on the pommel of a sword, resting in its scabbard at his side.

"This is Archmagos Malagra Serghar Novus of the Mechanicum Abyssii, broadcasting to the Blackshield force identified as 'The Lost Angels'. You stand charged with the crimes of; Design of Silica Animus," Eros had rarely known a Magos still capable of expressing emotion, but the way this Tech-Priest almost spat the term 'Silica Animus' was so venom-laden that he was momentarily taken-aback. "Creation of Silica Animus. Consorting with Silica Animus. And harbouring Silica Animus. The punishment for those found guilty of these crimes is death." Eros' gaze flicked to the Archmagos' hand, seeing it tighten on the hilt of his sword. "How do the Lost Angels plead?"

"... All ships, open fire!" He bellowed his order, almost immediately lance fire flaring across the void as the Lost Angels engaged the Abyssii battlegroup, macro cannons firing their payloads as torpedoes roared from their tubes.

"By the authority of the Prefacture Magisterium I find the Lost Angels guilty of the aforementioned charges, and of the crimes of treason, and the unlawful assault of an agent of the Prefacture Magisterium on three counts; by intent, by action, and by associaton. I hereby declare the Lost Angels Traitoris Perdita, and sentence them to death. Any final words?"

"I-" He was suddenly cut off by a binaric howl from Serghar.

"The last words of traitors and hereteks are nothing more than wasted air, and the Mechanicum does not tolerate waste!" With that, the feed terminated.

"The Mechanicum ships are returning fire! The Ark is charging weapons!" Eros stared ahead for but a moment, before snapping his gaze to the officer.

"All ships, defense pattern Upsilon, scramble fighter and bomber squadrons! And ready warp drives, we need to get out of here, now!" ~Fate preserve us, or we are doomed.~

Dude, need a Predator character? ^^

When were the Lost Angels founded? Prior of after Terra? Depending on this, I'm considering a loyal Bloodlord or a Blackshield of another tribe.

That'd be good. They're formed directly after the Day of Revelation, if that helps http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Indeed, a good read. :tu:

So, I would contribute a loyal Bloodlord which barely escaped his traitorous brothers or maybe was found by the Lost Angels.

Berou; formerly lieutenant of the Bloodlord tribe, 14th regiment, 2nd strike force known as the Haunting Blades, consisting of 4 Assault and 2 Striking Shadow squads

Born in the dense southern swamps known as the Devouring Wastes, Berou was raised into a culture of superstitions, bloodshed and sheer brutal fight for survival. After the unification of all tribes under Baron Andezo Sambedi, Berou had hoped for a better life. Volunteering to become a member of the rising XXth Legion, then known as the Arcane Blades, Berou was eager to proof his worth to the praised Baron. As he was a member of the infamous Bloodlord tribe, it was a natural decision that he became one of the first Legionnaires of the newly founded Bloodlord tribe within the ranks of the Legion. Serving under Odanka had led him and his men into the most brutal and worst battles Berou could imagine.  Uncomfortable with the return of ancient blood rituals of Mardum, Berou was amongst the few who defied this new trend within their own ranks. Years later, when the Day of Revelation occurred, Berou and his few like minded brothers were hunted down and used for unholy sacrifices to celebrate the acclaimed independence of the Bloodlord tribe. Together with a handful of loyal brothers, Berou was able to capture a small vessel and heading towards the realm of the Imperium. Though badly damaged, the small vessel did make the transfer but damaged as it was, it was not able to make a second transit. Drifting through the void, the members of Berous band of brothers were finally discovered by a black clad fleet of the blackshield force known as the Lost Angels. Having forsaken their oaths of their former tribe and fearing that the same corruption would affect the rest of the Legion, Berou joined his new comrade Eros and his men. Together, they sought a new destiny within the stars.

This project is getting too big. Just noticed this thread.

I like where this is going. If you want any Crimson Lions to join your warband, some of Turrus' followers chose to become blackshields and try to redeem their honour through death in battle rather than join Turrus in exile in the Maelstrom

EDIT: Woops apparently I posted here before. Ok so I forgot about this thread. Message is still the same, the project is too big to hold it all in my head anymore

Edited by Sigismund229

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the offers guys + I'll include him Kelborn http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

After a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to refine the direction I'm going with the Lost Angels. I've decided that they're going to have to be pretty big and/or relatively important to be included in the books with proper rules and everything (and not just as some sidenote). So, I'm a bit stumped on how to achieve this. I'm thinking that maybe they could end up controlling a large cluster of planets or even a minor solar system. OR, maybe their contribution to the Insurrection could be an action they commit - for example, something goes wrong and they become the first demonically possessed marines (is this possible?), or, conversely, they do something badass like throwing moons at traitor ships or sacrificing themselves to save a primarch or something. I don't know.

Guys, ultimately I'm in need of help with the big picture stuff - what their contributions to the Insurrection could be, where they'll end up - that sort of thing.

Okay, thanks for the input http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png

Blunt - I dunno, maybe. I might combine it with some other ideas, like they do something heroic and suicide/sacrafice themselves to chaos in doing it.

Mikhal - Yeah, I'll always keep that aspect of them, not to worry. I'm thinking that their arc will follow the route of:

1. Founded by Eros. This need to be fleshed out, but ultimately they need to be a weird mishmash of warriors that don't really fit together as a cohesive force. 

2. ???

3. Damocles discovered by Serghar. Pursued, although a horribly mauled LA force escape.

3. ??? 

4.???

Yeah. Need a lot of work, but that's okay.