My Order of Our Martyred Lady

Drider

Took wee break away from painting minis to do a bit of terrain. An overnight print job, plus an afternoon and evening painting.

CCJBg41.png?1

I've been playing with this design for a landing pad for a while now, but I've never got around to finishing it. I feel like it could use more work on the walls. I decided stuff it, i'll print it as is and see how it turns out.

yVa6qmx.jpg?1

Fresh off the printer.

KCXR84L.jpg?1

All primed up.

SNKPSKT.jpg?1

Concrete base coated.

4uHPilY.jpg?1

Metals based.

0fUzhpq.jpg?1

Bit of bronze work there for contrast.

BOkLC5H.jpg?1

Washed and dry brushed and a bit of typhus corrosion in the gaps.

oEvQ10c.jpg?1

Models for scale.

Edited by Drider

Not sure what to buy/convert when pay day rolls around. I was thinking about maybe 10 Heavy Bolters and some other random stuff, or repentia and some other random stuff like priests. What do you guys think i should get? To give you an idea of what I've got at the moment, here's an inventory as well as hobby progress. 

HQs.

1 Old Celestine.

1 New Celestine.

2 Geminae 

2 Cannoness

1 Cannoness Veridyan 

Infantry.

3 Sister Superiors.

16 Boltgun Battle Sisters.

1 Seraphim superior.

3 Hand Flamer Seraphim

2 Inferno Pistol Seraphim(converted)

8 Bolt Pistol Seraphim

1 Imagifier (converted)

Special weapons.

12 Melta Sisters

5 Stormbolter Sisters (Current project, 4 being painted)

9 Flamer Sisters (5 still in packaging, but are next up after the current project)

Heavy weapons.

4 Heavy Flamer Sisters

2 Heavy Bolter Sisters

Vehicles.

10 rhino hulls (3 unpainted)

Of which,

3 Exorcist Organs

5 Immolators turrets (2 converted)

Top plates are a non-issue as i can print them.

4 Penitent engines (1 Converted)

Random stuff.

Grayfax (unpainted)

Coteaz (Still in the packaging)

Ballersarius Cawl (still on the sprue, in a box, in a closet.)

Edited by Drider

Decided to give a more powerful CAD program than I've used before a try. Spent the past couple of evenings playing around with it, learning some of the basics. Figured I'd jump on the Repressor bandwagon... Here's my attempt at it.

4x87k5p.jpg?1

CAD snapshot.

Vl84Lzv.png?1

Prototype print. stuck a few bits on it to get an idea of how it'll look once it's got guns on it. A few things needing adjusting but it's more or less how the finished product will look.

Decided to give a more powerful CAD program than I've used before a try. Spent the past couple of evenings playing around with it, learning some of the basics. Figured I'd jump on the Repressor bandwagon... Here's my attempt at it.

4x87k5p.jpg?1

CAD snapshot.

Vl84Lzv.png?1

Prototype print. stuck a few bits on it to get an idea of how it'll look once it's got guns on it. A few things needing adjusting but it's more or less how the finished product will look.

Must be the Order of the Safety Vest, haha. Looks really good!

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing my nutt with batch painting sisters and repressor conversions, so I decided to have a little change of pace and have some fun. 

Pulled out Greyfax who has been sitting built and primed but otherwise unpainted for about the past 8 months. Dusted her off (literally) and set up my airbrush so i could practice some blending. 

JEFtnB6.png?1

Figured 'what the hell' and blocked in some parts of her armour. ended up doing some washes and highlights as well. 

VPE836U.png?1

Bonus super secret hidden detail. She's rocking out some power armour Louis Vuittons.

dGelNSR.png?1

Pretty much finished Greyfax, I might do a little more work on her hat but she's about done. I'll get around to basing her at some point, i quietly hold a small spark of hope for a codex and a plastic release, but if i'm going to have to rebase my whole army anyway then i'm as well waiting a little while.

1XUSavg.jpg?2

O3gMqrR.jpg?2

vShGwQX.jpg?2

Now that I've more or less finished my 'production-procrastination' I should really get on with tackling the growing hobby back log... A few weeks ago I was given 6 melta girls, one is GW original, the other 5 are chinese. I wouldn't go out of my way to procure chinese girls myself but as i was gifted them i have decided to give them a good home, the casts aren't too bad.. some recasting artifacts here and there, mainly on the Aquila shoulder and to of them are missing half a foot, otherwise quite reasonable. I should really strip them down and repaint from scratch, but it's a lot of effort to go to and i'm not sure how the resin would react to being stripped. I think i'd rather have them look 'ok' from the table top than run the risk of melting them into a puddle of goop.

As of writing this my hobby backlog is:

6 Melta girls (as mentioned above)

3 rhino hulls, half painted.

5 repressor conversions, top plates and dozer blades. Needing some edge highlighting and some other bits and bobs. (these things have been a total pain in the ass from the moment they were printed)

I need to get my hands on more SM Rhino style storm bolters, and suitable heavy flamers. i had originally tried to one of the heavy flamers from the Immo sprue, needless to say it didn't work out. I just couldn't get both sides of the 2 part mold to line up properly. So it's looking like i'm going to have to scavenge for bits.

Add to this my local GW was having a birthday bash as they were turning 29 (i think) so I popped along to put in an direct order to get some raffle tickets, didn't win anything. ;(  But I did get a few freebies from having an order of a certain value. A bag and a few art cards, i think, i'm not entirely sure as they had none in store and had to order them for everyone. I'll post pics of that stuff when i get it.

My actual order though, a unit of repentia, a command squad, some Heavy bolter girls, a simulacrum and a priest. I'm REALLY looking forward to the painting Hospitaller and the Repentia to a slightly lesser extent.All that skin tone is going to be a challenge considering how much i feel i struggle with even doing faces. That Dialogus though... :ohmy.:  ...Shudder.

Edited by Drider

I cut the tabs off all but my seraphim and repentia. Dont like Seraphim on the ground and some of the repentia have one foot off the floor making them a bit weak. Edited by dracpanzer

I like it, though I might have gone with more text on the scroll in her hand. I aopreciate how much work goes innto writing that small, it just seems like an awful waste of paper to have that be the only thing written on it.

Loving the repressor mounts, that is very well done since they are so hard to get anywhere else.

I have a load of SoB waiting to be made into an army. My worry is the metal tabs and supporting them. I don't want to try and pin 40 odd minis.

I think I've come up with a solution. I've been trying out basing with cork and stumbled upon the idea of cutting the tab in such a way that the tab it's self becomes a pin, then just drill a hole in the cork for it to fit.

Been slacking on painting since I finished the Dialogus. Started working on some Repentia but haven't had the motivation to really get going with them. On the other hand though, I've signed up for a reasonably local tournament this month and have to get a few things built and painted for my list. So I've started work on this lovely lady and her gentleman companion!

YXE2vlB.jpg?1

ymmdunQ.jpg?1

I just bought the Culexus Assassin too. I'm getting tired of enemy Psykers and their shenanigans ruining my sisters' glorious ministry and purging of heretics. I have even considered taking a squad of Sisters of Silence with flamers. They are oddly loathe to raise their voices in song's of praise for the Emperor while my sister's charge into battle, but they do calm the distracting voices in the minds of the Sororitas, and are pretty handy with their flamers.

i'm planning to run the culexus with greyfax. it's got a nice little synergy of the culexus handing out -2 to enemy harness and deny rolls and greyfax gets 2 deny rolls with a +1, so a difference of 3 if they're overlapped.