Sadly I havent completed my vow. I've made a decent amount of progress on my squad but I've had a lot of surprise rl stuff to deal with this month with my finding out that i'm moving house and changing my job. I'll post a pic of what I've got so far when I get home if you guys want. Apologies for letting down the cause =(

Right, vow complete. Looks like I forgot to post the "before" photo earlier, so here are both:

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/ig-ioria-vow1.jpg

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/ig-ioria-vow1-complete.jpg

The Dark Eldar knew that the humans would be coming. That was natural, given their cat's paw on Lutum had been defeated. That this defeat was sooner than predicted gave the xenos little pause, for what did they have to fear from the lumbering and foolish mon-keigh? This attitude would spell disaster for their opening defence of Ioria. Scion teams prosecuted brutal sabotage missions the moment the Imperial crusade arrived, and elite Inquisitorial cells that had secreted themselves amongst the native population slaughtered Dark Eldar in droves during the initial confusion.

The aliens paid a heavy price for their hubris, the Imperials able to land and begin their campaign far easier than should have been possible. Yet the xeno is ever a wily and dangerous beast, Imperial command has no doubt they they will react swiftly. Ioria is far from conquered... and it will not be easy.

Phase 2 begins, and the crusade continues! Sign up and start your vow now smile.png

\\ Transmission Recieved

\\ Accessing...

\\ Please Stand by...

\\

\\ Decryption Key recognized

\\ Access granted!

\\ Thank you, Inquisitor, you may proceed

\\

\\ Message begins

\\

\\

\\ My Lord Inqusitor!

\\

\\ With deep regret I inform you that our transit to the Iora system has been delayed. Warp storms have prolonged the flight and made it

\\ impossible to reach the planet in time for the start of the invasion. Nonetheless we are prepared to do what is expected of us once we

\\ finally arrive! As per your orders, Tactician Venizelos and my teams will provide assistance to Imperial High Command in any way we can.

\\ Rest assured that we will report any unusual finds of heretical and/or xenos technology to Interrogator [REDACTED] for further analysis.

\\

\\ Your servant,

\\ Sergeant-Major Keeth

\\

\\The Emperor protects!

\\

\\ Message ends

I salute and applaud all the comrades who have completed their works! Bravo, guys!!!thumbsup.gif

It's been a few busy weeks for me... sadly RL got in the way of getting my vow done in time. I had my eyes on the finish line but i couldn't quite make it; the image below was taken about 20 minutes before the deadline yesterday evening...

gallery_92776_12740_99562.jpg

Looks good, doesn't it? Well, i got almost everything done, except for Kell's banner which still lacks some work. But there was no way i could have gotten that done in that short period. I could have tried but in the end i decided to lay done the brush after almost a full day of non-stop-painting, fearing that if i would press on i would probably ruin the figure. I didn't want to risk that! Therefor, finishing up the squad will be done once i can give it the treatment it deserves. I will post some detail pictures in my WIP thread once it's done (and i got the chance to take the photos in daylight, my desk lamps just don't do them justice)

On the bright side, i'm very pleased how everthing turned out: I think Creed and the Fleet officer are some of my best minis so far, the camo scheme on the vindicare turned out perfectly (although the photo swallows it up... apparently it does it's jobtongue.png ) and i did try out multiple new techniques on the plasma guns with success (the coils and the casing are painted differently to my standard approach and i also apllied the "burnt barrel"-effect). So the project as a whole will not go done in memory as a failurecool.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived