Why couldn't have this started 3 days earlier when my Mordians were still in primer! msn-wink.giftongue.png

It was announced well in advance so no excuses you knew it was coming tongue.png

Sorry about this WarriorFish, just a couple of more questions. I've ordered the starter Tempestus box for this campaign, would I be right in that I could pledge a 5 man squad in Jan, a command squad in Feb and the commissar in march ? Also do I write up the fluff for all of them before hand or add to it as each new pledge is vowed ? Thanks in advance.

That's correct for the vows smile.png You need your regimental and commander background only once for your first vow, but you can add more lore with future pledges if you like, that's encouraged as it also gives us more to work with thumbsup.gif

I have a question as well Warriorfish

I've pledged too few things

Can i pledge more for this month? Can i just edit my post with a larger pledge? Or do a 2nd pledge when i finish the first?

You can edit your vow - remember you can only make one vow per phase, so that's a total of three for the entire Campaign (or six, if you include Inquisition vows).

Quick question here: Only a single unit per vow, no problem. But what about ICs? Can I vow a squad of guardsmen and a Commissar? Or a CCS with an attached Inquisitor?

Oh and would, say an Infantry Platoon be a "unit" for these vows?

You can do the Commissar attached to a squad as that's part of the unit build (the rules approach from a codex point of view). You can do a CCS vow for the Guard but the Inquisitor must be done separately as an Inquisition vow, so it won't be part of the same vow directly. An Infantry Platoon is a unit yes, so you can vow as much or as little from one as you like.

Any other questions let me know smile.png I'll try and get the entrants list added today or tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Quick question here: Only a single unit per vow, no problem. But what about ICs? Can I vow a squad of guardsmen and a Commissar? Or a CCS with an attached Inquisitor?

Oh and would, say an Infantry Platoon be a "unit" for these vows?

You can do the Commissar attached to a squad as that's part of the unit build (the rules approach from a codex point of view). You can do a CCS vow for the Guard but the Inquisitor must be done separately as an Inquisition vow, so it won't be part of the same vow directly. An Infantry Platoon is a unit yes, so you can vow as much or as little from one as you like.

Any other questions let me know smile.png I'll try and get the entrants list added today or tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Ok, final point of clarification: If I were to vow an infantry platoon, would it need to be a complete one? E.g.: A PCS and at least two squads, plus assorted teams? Or could it be something like a squad, a special weapons team, and some conscripts?

Ok, final point of clarification: If I were to vow an infantry platoon, would it need to be a complete one?  E.g.: A PCS and at least two squads, plus assorted teams?  Or could it be something like a squad, a special weapons team, and some conscripts?

You can vow one of the separate squads in the infantry platoon such as an infantry squad, PCS or special weapons squad (I will be vowing a special weapons squad myself on the weekend ;) ).

You can vow anything you like for each phase, any single unit without any associated limitations - for example a Special Weapons Squad without the rest of the Platoon, or a Chimera with no squad to transport or an upgrade character (e.g. Nork, but they will only be worth the upgrade cost).

Ok, final point of clarification: If I were to vow an infantry platoon, would it need to be a complete one? E.g.: A PCS and at least two squads, plus assorted teams? Or could it be something like a squad, a special weapons team, and some conscripts?

You can vow one of the separate squads in the infantry platoon such as an infantry squad, PCS or special weapons squad (I will be vowing a special weapons squad myself on the weekend msn-wink.gif ).

You can vow anything you like for each phase, any single unit without any associated limitations - for example a Special Weapons Squad without the rest of the Platoon, or a Chimera with no squad to transport or an upgrade character (e.g. Nork, but they will only be worth the upgrade cost).

Gah! Missed that. Thanks Elmo.

Alright, found some time last night and this morning to build stuff! Generally I paint as I build, but I got excited when I was putting the guys together and forgot to leave their arms off. I may have to pull them apart to paint them up.

Basing the heavy weapon team was fun, as I didn't really work it out so that the crew could fit right and had to add more.

The idea behind my army is that each guardsmen or unit has come from some larger guard army. As such we find Vostroyan snipers in with cadian gear equipped troops, cause a good sniper is a good sniper. Color wise I think instead of the tan/green that I did the command squad I have painted, I'm going to do these guys Black/Green/grey to represent forward scouts/urban tactical geared guard.

20170105 114215

also while digging I found this rescued Chimera and decided to base coat it instead of building the other one. Hopefully that's still legal, just gotta take the turret apart and add the heavy bolter instead of the Multi-laser, and add in an old metal crew member model instead of the travesty that's sticking out of it right now (not shown to save everyone tears).

20170105 114241

I, Radu Lykan, hereby pledge the forces of the 121st Alcari under Lieutenant Colonel Franklyn Donner to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of an armoured sentinel squadron at 150 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

Regiment and commander fluff

Lieutenant Colonel Franklyn Donner- “Old Chew ‘Ard”

Rumours abound as to how the colonel got his nickname, many believe it is due to his bionic jaw, replaced after having it ripped off by an Eldar pirate, few outside the battalion know the truth. If one can earn the trust of the battalions troopers he may be shown the single surviving pict capture of an incident from the colonels time in the battalions 13th company.

13th company is an elite formation of 100 grenadiers within each of the battalions. They do not deploy in the Bulwark class forts like the rest of the men but are instead deployed in valkyries and used for rapid response, spearheading attacks, recon and other special operations.

Usually the grenadiers form the 1st company of a regiment but those of the Alcari regiments bear the unlucky number 13, one of their mottos being “a real man makes his own luck” if any warriors can weather the storm of battle donning this cursed number it is the grenadiers of Alcazar.

Whilst serving in the 13th company as a youth, Sergeant Donner’s squad captured the ork warlord known simply as Gurbak foe eater. Gurbaks warband were especially notorious in that Gurbak actively encouraged his warband to devour any and all humans found within the city they had attacked. Tales of this horror was sapping the morale of the planets defenders and so Donner’s squad was sent in. Donner had special orders from an unnamed inquisitor, once Gurbak was subdued a series of pict recordings was taken of Donner eating Gurbak alive, these recordings were broadcast on all known ork frequencies. Tales spread amongst the orks of the ork chewer, a monster of a man who after eating their warlord would eat any ork he came across. With the orks morale severely weakened the tide turned and the city was saved. At the order of the inquisition all pict recordings were destroyed but a single pict capture remains. It is rumoured that this was not the last time this ploy was used…….

Now, many years later “Old Chew ’Ard” commands the 2nd battalion on the planet of Lutum, his expertise in propaganda getting him and his battalion sequestered from the 121st’s other campaigns.

The Alcari regiments organisation is based around the use of their Bulwark drop forts. Each regiment is split into 10 battalions, each of the first 10 companies within a battalion are comprised solely of infantry with some chimeras for dedicated transport. They are equipped with 5 drop forts and are deployed to create defensive strong points and offensive beach heads on contested worlds. The other 10 companies within each battalion are support companies, rarely fighting as a whole company, rather they are split amongst the first 10 companies, 11th,12th and 14th are heavy weapons companies, 13th is a company of grenadiers, 15th is a special weapons company, 16th and 17th are Leman Russ companies, 18th is artillery, 19th is a sentinel company and the 20th is made up of auxiliary formations such as hellhounds and hydras.

This organisation allows each company of over 200 men to lay down a wall of lasfire that is backed up with close fire support from tanks and artillery, able to face multiple types of threat and win.

The 2nd battalion are known as the Connoisseurs by others within the regiment but it is unclear why...........

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/IMG_2384_zpshx6hojvj.jpg

I,Cap'n Heckus, hereby pledge the forces of the Agamemnos Prime Planetary Defense Force under Colonel Bolivar Hesk to the capture of Loria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 10 Rough Riders at 140 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

10 Rough Riders, 2 Flamers, Plasma Pistol and melta bombs on sergeant. I meant to submit these guys for ETL but time got away from me and I never pledged them. I'm in painting-mode at the moment so here's my chance.

The WIP pics are in my gallery as well as the Word press link below. I will edit them into this post once I am at my PC (still sketchy on how to work that magic from my phone; I'm old).

gallery_69131_11843_61069.jpeg

EDIT: fixed name of planet; edited in pic as promised.

Hi everyone, here's my vow:

Regiment Name:  Tallarn 23rd Light Regiment (Unnofficial Name:  The Speedbumps)

Regimental CO:  Colonel Khomeini.  Colonel Khomeni has been with the 23rd for over 30 years.  His hallmark tactic is to employ a rapid flanking manuever.  Set piece battles are not his stock in trade.  Khomeini is a firm advocate of the Al'Rahem rapid warfare style.

As a company commander, Khomeini first appeared in the dispatches after his instrumental defeating of xenos scum at the Battle in Seattle.  As a battalion commander he crushed a chaos uprising at the Ballard Insurrection.  And, when other battalions dissolved around him, Khomeini managed to keep his forces intact at the Debacle at Dallas (a campaign which caused the 23rd to lose its light regiment classification). 

Regimental Type:  The 23rd has recently undergone a significant re-classification.  It has regained its light regimental status.  The 23rd was originally formed in M41.42683.7425 as a light rapid reaction force that could be uploaded onto a pressed cargo vessel in under 18 hours.  In Sector Pacificus, when a planetary governor requested aid from the Departamento Munitorum, the 23rd was often the first on the scene.  Many worlds have been saved because the 23rd, working in tandem with loyal PDF forces, quickly secured key spaceports, bridges, and dams and held them for days or weeks until relieved by the main IG army.

Sadly, 15 years ago, the Tallarn 23rd implemented a rapid reaction insertion against a Chaos uprising at the Planet Dallas. The operation was a debacle and the 23rd was found wanting [read: I went 0 and 6 with my sentinel infantry army at the 2001 Dallas GT]. As punishment, the Departamento stripped the 23rd of its light status and began exclusively using the regiment in the trenches as a standard infantry regiment.  This change was unpopular with the troops and officers, but they had to comply (although the 23rd's large complement of recon sentinel, rough rider, and salamander units somehow never got re-assigned as the Departamento had requested).

However, last year, the 23rd was instrumental in defeating xenos scum at the Kindom of Ballard campaign.  As a reward, Warmaster Skaydo re-classified the 23rd as a light regiment.  The next day, an Ork Waaaaugh hit the mining colony of Leary.  Colonel Khomeini and his troopers were promptly ordered to respond.  They gathered their equipment, pressed the freighter Zhukov II into transport duty, and headed out. While the 23rd suffered heavy losses (their light units were crushed by ork stompas), the 23rd's sacrifice paved the way for the evental recapture of Leary.  The infantry of the 23rd, the artillery of the Valhallan 777th Artillery Regiment, and the tanks of the 56th Cadian Armored Regiment used combined arms tactics to defeat the greenskins.  The 23rd's troopers can indeed be proud to again be a light regiment in the Emperor's war machine.

Vow

I, Tallarn Commander, hereby pledge the forces of the Tallarn 23rd Light Regiment under Colonel Khomeini to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of Primary Psyker Wiljo at 75 will do their duty no matter the cost.

Here's a photo of Primary Psyker Wiljo.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u420/tallarncommander1/20170104_170744.jpg

Edited my initial vow for phase 1
We're now ready to roll with painting, but here's the phase 1 starting picture again.
Some units were undercoated/taped before i new the campaign was happening. I need to paint this all in the next three weeks for an Epic tourney here in Australia, So I'll have to have it all done by then with their titan allies as well.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/BAC%20EVENT/PHASE1_zpsfcchbamf.jpg

I, Brother Captain Ed, hereby pledge the forces of the Cadian 177th Combined Arms Regiment under Colonel Elizabeth von Strohm to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of First Company, First Infantry Platoon's Red Squad (at 60 pts), Heavy Weapons Squad "Firespear" (at 105 pts), and Commissar Jeryn Vanar (at 40 pts) will do their duty no matter the cost.

Regiment Name
177th Cadian Combined Arms Regiment, "The Vengeful Sons"

Regimental Motto

"Retribution"

Regiment Commander's Name
Colonel Elizabeth von Strohm, Baroness of Ibileen

Founded in early days of the 13th Black Crusade, Colonel von Strohm was given a mandate to seek the enemy and attack wherever possible and wherever the effect would be greatest.  With a wildly off-doctrine force organization (that went even further afield from traditional norms in the confusion of the Retreat from Cadia), Von Strohm is a master of counterattack and close order fire support who, unlike most Guard commanders, relies on speed and mobility instead of fortifications and heavy gun emplacements.

With no traditional muster and train up, the 177th's identity was, by necessity, born in the conflagration that consumed their homeworld.  Guardsmen with an entire career in honored regiments with centuries old reputations found themselves pressed into service with survivors, veterans, and fresh-faced youths of all military specialties overnight.  United not by training and team-building, but by their thirst to avenge their homeworld, and their admiration for a commander who delivers blood and fury, even in the face of complete collapse, the men of the 177th have eschewed the typical motto reflecting Duty, Courage, or Service and instead have a single word emblazoned on their standard and their souls: Retribution.

However, something dark is taking root in the hearts of the 177th.  A unit that only a few weeks ago would strike, seize their objectives, and fade away now takes the time to leave behind objectives with daemons impaled by spikes, cultists hung from makeshift gibbets, and (a regimental favorite) enemy corpses prostrate before holy icons (which are then booby trapped, providing immediate justice to the heretics who happen upon the scene and attempt to cast them down).  Is this merely human grief and the Emperor's Righteous Anger made manifest over the loss of a world?  Or something else...something seething in the shadows of the hearts of men...lurking in the malignant environment of a war on Chaos?  The Ordo Malleus seeks to find out.

Bloodied and reorganizing after the loss of Cadia, the 177th answered the Inquisition's call to Ioria, hoping for a quick campaign and an opportunity to bring the Emperor's Judgement to the Archenemy.  But the unblinking eye of the Emperor's Holy Inquisition sees it as a test for the orphans of Cadia: the first of many. After all, if they are innocent, once tempered, what does the sword fear of the flame?

Pictures to follow this evening.  I have been saving these guys for this campaign and it gives me opportunity to flesh out their fluff in the wake of the defeat at Cadia!

Buuuuut...I am really hoping the Commissar isn't a bridge too far.  I want this vow to succeed.

Just wanted to share a quick update on the painting. Managed to find some time lastnight, but I am looking forward to this weekend. Not only can I get this vow done, but I also get to play a game for the first time in a year!

Anyhow, here's where I stand as of right now on the Chimera:

20170106 002256

20170106 084056

20170106 084837

Also A tutorial on how to do this effect:

My fluff:

Agamemnos Prime is a barren red planet dotted a small number of beautiful glass domed cities that serve as housing for the elite, wealthy, and noble. The majority of the "lower caste" live in the underground mining hives where they gather and process "Hardtofindium", a rare ore used in the crafting of Geller Field generators.

As part of the privalage of living above ground, all Dome-born must serve a period of time in the Agamemnos Planetary Defense Force. They are also supported by a miners' combat engineering corps and "under-militia" but they are rarely seen above ground.

The PDF are outfitted with fine blue dress uniforms and the finest arms that the planetary governors can supply. The under-militia typically wear grey coveralls and use hand-me-down weapons and modified mining implements. The PDF are known for the rows of exquisitely maintained tanks and ordered columns of disciplined soldiers while the under-militia are known for their tunnel combat and demolition expertise.

WIP

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/corydurant/IMG_2656_zpsdjx824lk.jpg

Opening stages of the Taurox Prime "Fool's Errand" has been complete. This will become the command vehicle for the vehicle platoon of the Scion company; sadly, the image of my two choices of heads is in the foreground and blurry. I am either going to pick an Empire Pikeman (with feather removed) or some sort of IG tank commander with the leather tanker cap a la US Army in WW2. I'm going for the vehicle platoon comd to be a bit of a renegade so he will be a bit different. If anyone has a comment, I'm all ears.

I, our_baz, hereby pledge the forces of E Company of the 7th Levallosian Life Guards under Colonel Leukas Prins to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of Primaris Psyker at 50 pts will do their duty no matter the cost.

gallery_72518_9307_56307.jpg

Nice to see new vows and progress being made already! Unfortunately time is short this week, so the entrants list will be next week - along with my own vow!

Don't forget to keep this topic updated with your progress shots, this helps motivates your comrades in arms to victory and keep the commissariat off your back :lol:;)

I, KasrkinRyu, hereby pledge the forces of A and C platoons, 171st Kasrkin under 1st Lieutenant P. Autumn to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of an Armored Sentinel at 45pts will do their duty no matter the cost.

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n597/ikebukuro1/image15.jpg

So I have decided that I shouldn't bite off more than I can chew right now and am only going to stick with the one Vulture for now. Progress has been made. Finished off the cockpit interior and gotten the first base layer done.

http://i.imgur.com/eOzLlDl.jpg?1

I kind of like the black out drive look for the cockpit and think I will do this for all my flyers as well as the troop compartment in the valks when it is there turn on the painting desk.

http://i.imgur.com/foaRA83.jpg?1

Still more to do.

HLVW

Archived