There seems to be a problem with the software in that every time I type out [REDACTED]'s name it gets removed? I'll raise it with the admin must be an error with the word filter, I'll redo my background pieces once it's corrected thumbsup.gif

Right. msn-wink.gif

Here's my unit history and "commander" profile:

+++

Regiment: COHORT:110011

The COHORT:110011 are not a unit per se, but the various force packages assigned to a moderate sized Explorator fleet, centered around an Adeptus Mechanicus light cruiser, christened the "Sanguis ex Machina" (i.e. Blood of the Machine).

The cohort is tasked with the support of various investigative initiatives as the Magos Dominus decrees and does not maintain a set organizational structure. Rather, assets are allocated on an "as needed" basis depending on what the discovery protocols have determined are necessary to complete the task listing.

Over the centuries, the cohort has observed that few, if any initiatives take place in a conflict free environment. Therefore, even the most benign attempts to recover information and artifacts will find some form of integrated combat assets operating in conjunction with the retrieval efforts. At a minimum, site security will be established and strictly enforced throughout the quarantined area. As long as the operations are in effect, the cohort will enforce the Magos edicts and in essence, become the de facto law of the land. This will take place whether or not in situ planetary governmental infrastructure exists.

Unfortunately for most inhabitants of a target system or planet, very few recovery operations remain benign.

A standard recovery protocol will begin with the establishment of a significant analysis array, supported by constant streams of servitor clouds. The purpose of these resources is to establish analysis feeds for the analyticae to process.

Once the data feed phase is established, then the analysis can begin with the Magos sifting through the volumes of data noise to find the anomalies that might indicate that valuable information or archeotech are present.

As targets for acquisition are identified, the recovery protocol will shift into a pursuit phase This will initiate the required number of asset inserts to establish one or more beach heads and the deployment of cohort resources.

Due to the independent nature of Exploratory forces in general, as well as a dependency on their own assets for survival, cohort controllers will download elevated rendition protocols to all combat units prior to drop operations. This tends to mean that unless the existing population assumes an extremely passive response to the incursion, it is very likely that they will trigger escalated levels of defense actions in the combat elements to the detriment of those in proximity of the cohort.

Across the galaxy, there remains only devastation and desolation in the wake of COHORT:110011 travels.

Commander: Magos Dominus Artikus-110011

Artikus-110011 has commanded his Explorator fleet for nearly two centuries. His primary interest in recovering "Age of Strife" archeotech has shifted in the past few decades to a keen interest in the acquisition of Xenos technology. Confronted with an uncomfortable realization that there are more advanced civilizations than what is represented by Mars and Terra, Artikus seeks to uncover these mysteries and recover new means to establish a more efficient and effective Martian order through superior technology.

Recognizing that he would be branded a heretic by his own order for entertaining these radical ideas, Artikus has pushed his Explorator fleet farther and farther out into the boundaries of Imperial space until such time as he feels able to return with his new found knowledge and present (forcefully if necessary) his new technology paradigm.

+++

I've made very good progress on my vow:

gallery_30308_10604_12552.jpg

Might need to wait until the weekend to finish though as it's more or less only the detail work remaining. I think the bronze was a good choice for a more muted shiny especially as the red and green will add a dash of colour for him :tu:

Here is hopefully the last or second last update before I can call this finished. In the end I darkened up and tried to blend the cam a little but still leaving it light in certain areas taking the advice from both GK and Honda, thanks for the input.
All that's left now is to glue a few things paint up the punisher cannons and forward bolter and finish off the base which is going to take a little bit of time just to dry.

Here are some pics.

http://i.imgur.com/E8dLgvZ.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/B7YLKBL.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/mEKRKHW.jpg?2

Hope to have this finished soon, now to close browser and open biology text book...

HLVW

I, Kuro_Ryu, hereby pledge the forces of 85th Krasnaya Hunters under Captain Petr Sokolov to the capture of Ioria in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of Veterans at 145 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

http://i.imgur.com/mEKRKHW.jpg?2

It's turning out very, very nice. I do think the darker brown was the right decision and the dragon head on the nose is a very nice touch! The canopy effect is especially tasty.

Re: Above...I hate to say this, but I think you may want to consider aligning the horizontal decal lines with the top of the boom, not the bottom. It seems...off.

It may be a "No win" scenario because of the converging lines of the top and the bottom, but...

Cheers,

Update: 3 rough riders complete this weekend. Should have been 5 but family happened.

[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/200095-

/sigh. That's all of the link I seem to be able to copy at the moment.

Not sure how it works on iPhone. But on my android to make sure I get the whole link I hold down on the txt so I get the select all option, I select that then hold down again to select copy. That way I know I can get the whole link

Yaaaa on both sides it looks like that. The transfers were a tad bit to large and I only noticed it after I applied them, so this was the best way I could get them without having to fold or attempt a cut while they were wet, to top it all off transfers and me just don't get along but I had to try them since my last attempt with free hand failed miserably. The dragon head signifies dragon squadron which will be a bit of personal fluff later on as I'm planing on building up a large terrain piece for my Elysians and it will be their base of operations. Should be fun but rather large for the idea I have.

Thanks for the comment Honda.

The vulture looks great. Decals should always be dry fit over the area lol, good luck if you try to fix it. Might just wanna take that off and try again.

My squad is 80% done atm, been busy having to drive around and been sick this weekend so hopefully I can finish them thon ought or tomorrow then on to my inquisitor!

Finished the heavy weapon squad yesterday. Looking back I should have done the autocannon, but oh well.

20170116 160208

20170116 160231

20170116 160257

mostly done with the cloth on the rest, and the armor is based and washed, just gotta finish them up and highlight, do the bases, skin and weathering.

Keep it up lads.

Some hard work paying off here with some fantastic completions! :D Nice work everyone! I have good news and bad news - the good news is I did a lot of work over the weekend... the bad news is that it was all on Blood Angels and not my Inquisition as intended :P

I will try and sort out a vow this week instead!

Most impressive comrades, I see the weekends were not wasted (even if you're painting the wrong things) - well done! The entrants list is up to date once more thumbsup.gif

Keep us updated on all progress, with three weeks left there is plenty of time to make a vow and complete smile.png

Good work, comrades! I wouldn't be able to choose a favourite among the recent completions if i had to.

Meanwhile, i'm waiting almost three weeks for my spray primer to arrive... *ranting on* that's the reason i usually order online. When ordering stuff through an online shop, it normally arrives within a few days (providing the items are in stock). But every time i order something "in shop", the stuff get's delayed, forgotten, i don't get notified that it has arrived etc. *grumble* *ranting off*

I have started on creed, the assassin and the fleet officer though, since the are primed differently. Will post WIP pics after the next painting session.

Finished the heavy weapon squad yesterday. Looking back I should have done the autocannon, but oh well.

Mortars can be a lot of fun. I really enjoy mine in my Elysians. They aren't that scary, but not needing LOS is a nice.

Plus orks. :)

I originally chose the mortar because I wanted a squad that can set up in some terrain, use their snipers, and not expect to move too much. The mortar would let them at least drop a template on something and have a decent range. Plus with HWT being on a large base like that it's a bit trickier to put them on higher floors. So maybe it's not a bad choice. In the end I can always buy more squads/build others from leftover bits. Lord knows I still have 4 old boxes of 20 guardsmen that could be kitbashed into other forms of HWT. I'll try out the mortar and see. Sadly I don't think there's any ork players over here in Seoul that I've seen. Lots of Power Armour.....

Updates look good from everyone. Every time I see an Epic army I wanna get one of my own.....damn you Mard.

Vow complete! biggrin.png

http://i.imgur.com/ICksQkb.jpg

Being the first miniatures I've painted in about 5-6 years I'm really happy with them. This has been a good way to get back into the hobby. I ordered some bits for command squads which if they get here in time they'll be my vow for the next phase.

I'm really liking the progress everyone else is making. All looking pretty cool. Ioria wont know what hit it!

Archived