Update for this evening:

++Command update from Battleship Emperor's Favor++

++Unit sighted in urban zone of Ioria capital, markings denote possible affiliation with First Firestorm Sentinels, notable colorization further denotes urban combat and recon, blue markings and sergeant beret noted as Cherros IV forward recon training graduate. Secondary note, dissimilar unit equipment between sniper and regular unit, possible deserter from Vostroyan legion, further analysis required.++

Finished with 8/10 troops. Just have the last two snipers to paint up, wish I had more Vostroyan snipers but I only had one blister from emperor-knows-where.

20170117 191855

20170117 192114

20170117 191714

20170117 191833

should be able to knock out the other two guys tomorrow, or the day after. Then I'll vow an inquisition...thing. Is the warband allowed?

Excellent work GKT, you'll be soon done! :tu:

The Warband formation is a valid vow for the Inquisition - so long as you don't include the SoB, GK or DW squad options. Don't forget you can use the subset rules so you don't need to vow a complete Warband (e.g. you can do Acolyte and DCA squads, but leave off the Inquisitor in the same way you don't need to vow an entire Platoon).

GKT that Vostroyan sniper is a beast. I'm in the same boat with painstakingly slow progress on troops.  At first I thought your highlighting, while very neat, looked overly bold to me. But in the photos taken from a distance that you'd see them on the table, it makes your guys pop in a way that's really pleasing to the eye.  You've got a really cool style.

@WF: Since I have finished my vow, is the next time I can vow on 2/1?

Yes, phase 2 will start from the 6th (as this phase ends on the 5th) so you will be able to make your vow when the phase 2 topic is created. There's nothing stopping you assembling your models and priming them in advance if you know what you want to do :tu:

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The highlighting I use to think was too sharp myself. But as you said P3AKHOUR, when seen from a distance they look much better, and the same under duller light. Up close a bit much at times, but overall I am liking this for my guard.

I wanna see everyone else's stuff!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The highlighting I use to thing was too sharp myself. But as you said P3AKHOUR, when seen from a distance they look much better, and the same under duller light. Up close a bit much at times, but overall I am liking this for my guard.

I wanna see everyone else's stuff!

Your IG look amazing, so I wouldn't worry about a thing! thumbsup.gif

I popped into GW yesterday and grabbed a blister to be modded into my Inquisitor and work continues on him - I've just heard my GW delivery has arrived as I got a couple of Inquisitional models for this campaign. I am a bit concerned about how much time I'll have to paint them though if this finishes on the 5th! When it comes round to vowing I shall try not to be over ambitious with my warband happy.png

Could I split my vows over the three phases? Say for example - phase 1 Inquisitor, phase 2 Crusaders, phase 3 DCA or something like that?

Hmm. Maybe I don't want to vow my Inquisitor early as I need him for my Warband formation. Maybe I should wait until the 2nd phase or do I need to be in phase 1 to be part of the campaign?

Your Inquisitor isn't needed for the Warband formation, as you can use the subset clause to leave him off and just paint the Crusaders and DCA but if these are your planned models for the Campaign you may as well split them up across the three phases to give you more time?

You can vow for as many of the phases as you like, you don't need to vow in phase 1 to join - you can make your first pledge in any phase smile.png

I've got some Acolytes (old models for some counts-as and some old Stormies) as well as a Jokaero along with the aforementioned Crusaders and DCA - pretty sure the Jokaero can only go in a Warband so I don't want to paint all my models and then not be able to do the Warband?

Bah. You know what, this is just confusing me, I have just over 2 weeks - balls to it I'll do the complete Warband! I reckon I can get them done, wish me luck! :D

You could do the Jokaero as a single part of the Warband if you like thanks to the subset rule, for the combination choices such as Warbands and Platoons you can pick and choose what elements you vow from it. As long as you're painting whole and legal units you may vow as many or few from a FOC as you like. So you can vow an Infantry Squad of all 10 models, but not 3 Guardsmen (as no valid choice allows this).

There's nothing stopping you assembling your models and priming them in advance if you know what you want to do thumbsup.gif

<Honda points index and middle finger at his eyes, points same fingers at Warriorfish's eyes>

Progress update: Here's a shot of what i've done so far: Most of the base colours for Creed and the OotF, plus i started on the camo for the assassin/sniper-veteran.

Also, my new primer arrived... probably gonna spray Kell and the other veterans once the weekend is there.

Cheers guys, enjoy the photo!

gallery_92776_12740_33484.jpg

@TABC: I've always loved that middle sculpt. He just looked so darn...Prussian, I guess, but what a marvelous example of disdain and confidence. Love your color scheme for him.

Alrighty! Thanks to a late reporting snow day today, I was able to get a bunch of painting done this morning, and by a bunch I mean I finished the one last guy. So without further ado, I hereby name my vow Complete.

(here's all the pics in one place)

++Command update++

++Further refinement of forces spotted on Ioria now know to belong to the 1st Firestorm Sentinels, potentially Forgeguard element++

++At time of vidcaps by servosentinel, two members of recon team are known to be former Vostroyan Legion sharpshooters, rank and names still unknown++

Vostroyan Snipers (the last guy to get painted today):

20170120 214034

20170120 214007

20170113 201039

20170113 201114

20170113 201012

Group shot of the snipers for the squad:

20170120 214100

the Squad:

20170120 214152

20170117 192114

20170117 191714

20170117 191833

20170117 191855

HWT:

20170116 160208

20170116 160231

20170116 160257

Chimera to cart them around:

20170109 062425

20170109 062401

20170109 062336

20170109 062259

20170109 062201

20170109 062232

Enjoyed painting these guys, and doing them one squad at a time like this is so much easier than staring down a hundred dudes.

Now to plan out my Inquisition vow and see if I can do it in time....might have to limit the models I paint to only a few this month.

Archived