Thanks for the advice WF, I'll run with that for the second vow. What do you mean not running for one of the top spots? How rude!

If you spotted my piks earlier in the thread I'm running some old Stormies as Acolytes :) Inquisitional Stormies don't seem to exist as a unit entry!

Thanks for the advice WF, I'll run with that for the second vow. What do you mean not running for one of the top spots? How rude!

When you make a 50pts vow I think it's a safe assumption you're not concerned with painting the most points tongue.png Also means no drawbacks to hopping on the Inquisition boat for a phase smile.png

We will now hold a minutes silence for Inquisitorial Stormtroopers - gone but not forgotten.

I remember when I first started playing Grey Knights, back when the first book came out. Oh my poorly painted Stormtroopers, how I miss you.

Anyhow, Finished my Inquisition Vow:

Inquisitor:

20170127 175723

20170127 175809

20170127 175833

20170127 175850

Acolytes:

20170127 175909

20170127 175924

20170127 180043

20170127 180058

and the Mystic:

20170127 175941

20170127 180016

Enjoy!

Nah the mystic is a five rings crane model. I bashed in some extra GW parts and made him look more grim dark. Normally I don't use non GW stuff for my 40k armies. But this model was the closest Mystic looking dude I had.

Wish I had my old inquisition stuff from years ago.

So a little bit ago I mentioned that I found one of the old metal Inquisitors in my Big Box of Bits and Junk™ and was inspired by this thread to throw some paint onto her.

So, here she is, despite the fact that I have made no vows for the campaign (but I just might jump in on the next one):

http://i68.tinypic.com/2637s45.jpg

Now I feel like one of the Cool Kids because I've finished something nifty.

Campaign question for the Inquisition track:

1. In my second vow, I will be adding units that make up my warband. Let's say I add two units.

2. If I am reading the vow rules correctly, I can also vow another unit that is either a troop or an elite choice and that is for a bonus FOC slot. Could I add a second elite unit to take up another FOC?

3. Now, let's say I have time to do a third vow. I add another HQ, since that is one of the bonus FOC choices.

4. If I wanted to add another elite choice, would I be allowed to do that here or would it have to take place in the second vow?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,

From what I understand You can do Two Vows, one Inquisition and one Guard.

So you could do an Inquisition vow of a warband or whatnot for the Inqusition. With no bonuses there I believe.

Then You can do a second Vow of Guard models, lets say you wanted to do parts of a Platoon, or a large units of Ogryn or whatever for the bonus.

Once those two are done, so are you for the phase!

I'm sure WF will beat me over the head with what I got wrong. But I hope this helps.

Campaign question for the Inquisition track:

1. In my second vow, I will be adding units that make up my warband. Let's say I add two units.

2. If I am reading the vow rules correctly, I can also vow another unit that is either a troop or an elite choice and that is for a bonus FOC slot. Could I add a second elite unit to take up another FOC?

3. Now, let's say I have time to do a third vow. I add another HQ, since that is one of the bonus FOC choices.

4. If I wanted to add another elite choice, would I be allowed to do that here or would it have to take place in the second vow?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,

GKT is right, but just to clarify:

The FOC slots listed aren't a restriction, they're only for the bonus. So you can vow an Elites choice on phase three (or one), the only difference is no bonus compared to an Elite for phase two. Due to the Inquisition books the FOC bonuses are limited somewhat with the restrictions, but since this is shared across all Inquisition vows we didn't think it was an issue.

So feel free to vow whatever you're planning to work on, or whatever would suit your needs - as long as it's an Inquisition unit it's good to go (or Guard, if it's a Guard vow!) thumbsup.gif

edit: for further edification, and also added to the OP

gallery_30308_9518_37197.png

What sword is the plasma pistoller holding in the front?

The sword arm is attached to the jacket on his back. It comes in the empire out rider kit. It also has a flintlock pistol built into the blade

Edit: there is an alternate view in my gallery. Can't seem to copy it at the moment...

gallery_69131_9372_289641.jpg

Theeeere it is.

So a little bit ago I mentioned that I found one of the old metal Inquisitors in my Big Box of Bits and Junk™ and was inspired by this thread to throw some paint onto her.

So, here she is, despite the fact that I have made no vows for the campaign (but I just might jump in on the next one):

http://i68.tinypic.com/2637s45.jpg

Now I feel like one of the Cool Kids because I've finished something nifty.

Awesome! biggrin.png I'm gonna have to find my old model (with inferno pistol) and strip it down to re-paint now.

In other news I have finished my vow! I have a poor photo but I'm hoping to take a better one when I get home, though the weather looks bad all day so I'm afraid it will probably be another bad pik but better than none tongue.png

http://i.imgur.com/PLVYw3n.jpg

Where did those legs and torso come from? They are quite cool and you did an excellent job on him. Bravo!

My vow is officially complete biggrin.png

gallery_27469_12799_118343.jpg

Standard potato camera phone, bad light, etc, etc...

Inquisitor fluff:

\\|||Transcript of debriefing of Senior Agent Epsilon One Six Five by Interrogator 42.

\\\\| Clearance Protocol: ABSOLUTE - 01 ALPHA – HIGH LORDS ONLY

\\\\| /\/\/\/\/\ Checking /\/\/\/\/\

\\\\| ACCESS DEN***>:''error*:\;||||||

\\\\| Confirmed

\\\\| Welcome Lord Inquisitor Arkaniss

Interrogator 42: Debriefing of undercover Agent Epsilon One Six Five, target of inspection: activities and loyalties of Arkaniss. Speak.

Agent Epsilon One Six Five: Lord Inquisitor Arkaniss may not appear so, but he is an old man, records of a young acolyte by his name surface hundreds of years ago and from what fragments survive it is clear he had already been an active and successful asset to his master for quite some time prior. He has an unknown level of psychic talent, we believe he uses his power subtly rather than overtly – we have never witnessed him offensively use his powers as a weapon. We do however have several documented instances of him appearing completely different via psychic projection but we are quite sure it was him.

Interrogator 42: You are quite sure? What good is this?

Agent Epsilon One Six Five: We lost a few agents early on before we clocked on to his much higher level of psychic talent than we were led to believe from our briefing– from then on we kept our distance for security. It ensured our clandestine operations at the cost of some accuracy and specifics.

Interrogator 42: Go back. What of his master?

Agent Epsilon One Six Five: Who his master was or what happened to him is unfortunately lost to history. If this is due to the encumbrance of bureaucracy or his own hand we know not. When he made the full step to Inquisitor is also a enigma, of the few facts that can be utterly verified he is a member of the Ordo Hereticus though one could be forgiven for assuming he works within the auspices of the sister Ordos as he does not limit his activities towards heretics alone. There are many documented events where he has tackled daemons and xenos alike. It appears the Lord Inquisitor views any and all in his jurisdiction as within his remit. Any direct attempt with the requisite clearance for more information on him is rebuffed by the Ordo... all of them.

Interrogator 42: All Ordos? He cannot be a member of all, we would know.

Epsilon 165: Correct, he is not an official member but we suspect he has many contacts which allow him the powers and facilities of them as if he were.

Interrogator 42: Even so, this is troubling.

Epsilon 165: We gather he has an extensive and long history of collaborations all across the Imperium. Favours given, favours asked – it is impossible to accurately number them with any degree of proof.

I42: My superiors do not need absolute proof to take action – what do you suspect?

E165: It's all here – Astartes chapters, including a first founding, numerous Militarum and Tempestus branches, Sororitas, Ast-

I42: Enough. We know this from your report. We want to know what you kept out of it in accordance with operating parameters.

E165: Understood. I have confirmation that he has worked with xenos – Eldar.

I42: Finally! This meddling inquisitor will at long last feel our wrath! Where!? When? You must have details? Which of the xenos branches?

E165: Craftworld Eldar. Craftworld L-***Static***

\\\| Transcript Ends|///

||Explosion in Factory Safe Cell P-3243|| No survivors || B-0 Clause initiated: Civilian promethium leak explosion. Activate agents in accordance with B-0 protocol, no physical evidence to be left behind ||

\\\\| Root Menu

\\\|| Confirm Deletion? Y/N

|||Y

\\\\|Logging off Lord Inquisitor Arkaniss

Regiment fluff:

Inquisitional Storm Troopers are an outdated idea. Long shelved by other Inquisitors in favour of requisitioning Astra Militarum or Tempestus assets on a local ad hoc basis. Lord Inquisitor Arkaniss is both old and old fashioned, and he rather liked his Inquisitional assets. When word first started to filter down of the possible and then eventual retirement of the Inquisitional regiments by one over zealous administratum adept intent on cost saving (see addendum: adept G. Dubyoo), Arkaniss set his plans in motion.

Those years are celebrated publicly by the few in power who remember, widely known as the last hurrah of the Inquisitional Storm Troopers before their various regiments that remained were dissolved. Arkaniss himself was at the forefront, leading these fanatical troopers to one last victory over the xeno, heretic and daemon. Records show that fatalities were high, as one would expect from such opponents and such fevered activity. All can agree however, that the Inquisitional Storm Trooper regiments went out with a bang.

Many years later Arkaniss resurfaced after a mysterious absence. He claimed to be undercover, rooting out heresy and sedition across the sector. Any fears of this suspicious disappearance were allayed when a short few months later he sprang into action, in the now famous Stuggart Strike, removing corruption and heresy at all levels of society across dozens of planets and systems. The loyal rejoiced at this razor sharp incision of heresy from within their ranks – collateral damage was near non-existent and life returned back to normal in scant days in the upper echelons of society.

Such was their relief and gratitude no-one thought to look closer. Barely anyone noticed the legions of Tempestus Troopers under the Lord Inquisitors command during his operations, and the few that took notice didn't look too deep. What most imperial citizens would never notice was that these Tempestus troopers were not Tempestus forces at all. If they had taken more notice they would have found entire regiments of Inquisitional Storm Troopers alive and well, now under Arkaniss' colours and insignia.

What the uncaring bureaucracy of the Imperium had cast away, Lord Inquisitor Arkaniss had found a use for. These skilled men and women were a proud bunch and rightly so. They have found a new outlet for their zeal and proudly wear their new colours, their loyalty and devotion to their saviour absolute. Those who oppose the Inquisitor have noticed this sudden and unexplainable growth in military assets... most now cannot directly confront him and those that could have, were conveniently wiped away in the chaos of the Stuggart Strike across the system with the very assets they tried to rob him of.

Addendum: Adept G. Dubyoo mysteriously disappeared for several days after the Stuggart Strike. He reappeared safe and well, returning back to work and in time everyone forget he was even oddly absent for a few days. If anyone knew him well, none seemed to notice a subtle change in demeanour – his sudden bouts of paranoia, the fearful looks he occasionally threw over his shoulder. But of course, it isn't paranoia if they really are watching you.

A suitable mention for the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers - we remember msn-wink.gif A good vow, the old school models look great in classic Inquisitorial colours! With this the Inquisition is storming to victory, only one completion short of a 100%! If this performance continues the xenos won't know what hit them biggrin.png

Archived