New Rumour, ALL 30k Mechanicum units coming to 40k!

From this post, itself reporting from a facebook post referring to the new years open day.. so take with salt of course.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/329334-new-years-open-day-pre-releases/page-5?do=findComment&comment=4610208

"The new IA book will have all the mech-units ported to 40k along side Porphyron and Secutarii."

I'd be perfectly fine with them retconning Volkite fluff to still exist in 40k. Easily one of the coolest concepts for a new weapon in a long time. I also hope for a Mechanicum Rhino in the next iteration of the Skitarii, or boosting the Vanguard Squads to 20 to fit the Triarios. If that doesn't happen I won't be upset, but I love heavy infantry and I'd really like to do a Guard/Skitarii/Marine mechanized triumvirate.

I'd be perfectly fine with them retconning Volkite fluff to still exist in 40k.

Its already happened in the BL novel Blood Tithe one of the Carcharodons has a Volkite weapon. I don't see any reason the Mechanicum wouldn't have first dibs on something like that.

-Noctem

I'm sure some options will be excluded, and some renamed (Volkite, Grav etc) but otherwise YES.

Yeah i doubt we'll get everything....and even on the stuff we will get, i reckon some of the more 'lost' technology units will have rules similar to the 'relic of the armoury' ones some FW units already get (e.g. you can have one unit with that special rule for each tech priest etc in your army)

Man..only just started my skitarii...i dont really need more options right now, especially expensive resin ones! haha

On volkite: we already have that on our 40k Magos Dominus!
It's already established we have some still, the question will simply be how much.
I'm hoping they let me use my Knight Styrix in 40k most of all, that and all the Thallax weapons so my 30k Thallax units can just be used as-is in both eras. And there's so many Mechanicum units i've got on my to-buy list, Vorax, Scyllax, Thanatar....

I think it would be a good middle ground to keep it on vehicles and only available to characters to represent a harder replication process for the power supply or something. So the Triarios could still use them because they are big and powered by a massive vehicle engine, but you couldn't have a whole squad with them because the power cells are rare or something. If that makes sense. That way it feels like archeotech on the characters.

Nice gesture on FW's part, though I suspect this is going to make building AdMech armies even more challenging given how disparate (Skitarii, Cult Mech, Imperial Agents, Fall of Cadia, and now all the FW stuff too) our sources are.  Not to mention the awkward rules interactions.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a possible transport option hit the table for 40k-specific AdMech but this is an odd way to get it . . . :huh.:

While odd, it makes sense!

I've never really seen the issue with "oh my rules are across 3 books and a few PDFs" in the digital age. It's easy enough to either just print out the rules you need or pop them on your tablet / phone etc

Fires of Cyraxus (and Cawl) is exactly the boost I need to really get the Prisma Covenant* off the gorund...

*working title for my Ad Mech forces.

Wait... more big robots?! YES PLEASE!!! That is my favorite part of Admech is the big robots and if they finally let admech have transports that's even better! The only sad part is that its from ForgeWorld and its in resin.....not my favorite. Pricey and the whole "resin hold better detail" thing is falling by the wayside. The new GW sculpts are amazing with the level of detail.

I think, most things will just fall under the Cult Mechanicus banner faction, it just makes sense.

Hopefully the transports will have some clauses like "Skitarii Rangers/ Vanguard, Secutarii etc can take a Triaros as a dedicated transport for XXXpts"

We'll probably see a detachment or two to cover the use of robots though.

Maybe FW will even do formations... Who knows?

Oddly, I'm more interested in the possibility of the Macroarid Explorator than anything else. The idea of buying a Land Raider and chopping, hacking and gluing it into being my Magos's personal ride is exciting. 

Also, that Ordo Reductor unit of custom artillery pieces would be nice, though I doubt we'd get it. 

Edited by Shinespider

Any news on a release date?

According to Atia the book is finished and ready to go since last summer, so I guess it will be only a matter of weeks?

On my shopping list there have been the Secutarii and a Knight Atrapos for a while now. If this comes true, I will need a Triaros, 3 Krios and some Vulturax as well...

Any news on a release date?

According to Atia the book is finished and ready to go since last summer, so I guess it will be only a matter of weeks?

If this were true I would have thought they would have launched it before Inferno. I was under the impression that art and fluff was done, but the rules guys were busy with Inferno. I'm figuring May at the earliest

• 2 weeks later...

I think here it fits best:

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2017/01/rumors-for-horus-heresy-weekender.html

via anonymous sources on Faeit 212
HH Weekender 2017
Secutarii are a new branch of the Taghmata army list. Can never have
automata in the detachement; big focus on infantry and transports.
Secutarii Psiloi, fast attack.
Secutarii Hetairoi, elite.
Secutarii Hypaspists, elite.
Secutarii Heleposis, open topped transport (20 capacity).

Cybernetica has new options.
Vidrios Caster Array, upgrade for Cybernetica HQs that allows counting as
psyker.
Psy-Conduit upgrade, models gain FNP/FNP++ if a psyker is within 24"
Zetiark, female archmagos who developed with the Thousand Sons the
crystalline circuits needed to control automata.