New Rumour, ALL 30k Mechanicum units coming to 40k!

Secutarii are a new branch of the Taghmata army list

So everything listed there is only coming to 30K? Since the Taghmata is the "codex" for the 30K Mechanicum.

So is there anything really preventing you from just using the FW books in your 40K games?

I know as Templars we consider the Legion lists fair game for Scouring era crusades, so if you gaming group is fine with this, you would think that using the FW books for Cult Mechanicus would be Ok.

So is there anything really preventing you from just using the FW books in your 40K games?

Well, the problem is that the Mechanicum has vastly different units than the 40K Ad Mech. For example I don't own any models that could represent Myrmidon Destructors etc. Whereas many units for the 30K Space Marines have almost the same models as they have in 40K. 

And even if I did own enough 30K Mechanicum to actually play them, I don't know how they do against 40K armies. From what I've read you are adviced to stay away from Eldar, Necrons, Tau and some Space Marines with a 30K list, as they lack powerful formations and are generally more expensive points wise than their 40K counterparts. 

I think here it fits best:

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2017/01/rumors-for-horus-heresy-weekender.html

via anonymous sources on Faeit 212

HH Weekender 2017

Secutarii are a new branch of the Taghmata army list. Can never have

automata in the detachement; big focus on infantry and transports.

Secutarii Psiloi, fast attack.

Secutarii Hetairoi, elite.

Secutarii Hypaspists, elite.

Secutarii Heleposis, open topped transport (20 capacity).

Cybernetica has new options.

Vidrios Caster Array, upgrade for Cybernetica HQs that allows counting as

psyker.

Psy-Conduit upgrade, models gain FNP/FNP++ if a psyker is within 24"

Zetiark, female archmagos who developed with the Thousand Sons the

crystalline circuits needed to control automata.

This would have been wonderful, but apparently it's all fake:

Some new stuff from my rumour guy:

First some warnings

Not related Atia/vetnoob or whoever else gets hold of stuff early

Probably chan/some less desirable area of the Internet related

High sodium content

Some early rumours on what may be coming February 4th and 5th during the Horus Heresy Weekender 17.

Secutarii are a new branch of the Taghmata army list. Can never have automata in the detachement; big focus on infantry and transports.

Secutarii Psiloi, fast attack.

Secutarii Hetairoi, elite.

Secutarii Hypaspists, elite.

Secutarii Heleposis, open topped transport (20 capacity).

Cybernetica has new options.

Vidrios Caster Array, upgrade for Cybernetica HQs that allows counting as psyker.

Psy-Conduit upgrade, models gain FNP/FNP++ if a psyker is within 24"

Zetiark, female archmagos who developed with the Thousand Sons the crystalline circuits needed to control automata.

Thousand Sons

Sekhmet Terminators, elites that must pick a singular cult that radically alters their behaviour and/or statline.

Seshat Veterans, infiltrators tasked with securing artifacts and assassination from behind enemy lines.

Cataphraktos Psy-Automata, troops that a psyker within 24" must harness a WC to activate them until next turn.

Space Wolves

Hirdmen Veterans, fast attack with optional jump pack, combat shields and tons of melta/plasma weapons.

Varangian Great Guards Terminators, elites with two-handed great weapons or sword & board in the style of firedrakes.

Despoilers (Destroyers), elites with jump packs and fully equipped with smaller rad weapons.

Oh! Interesting sounds very mech to me

Remember we are still working on a mix of rumour, second hand paraphrasing and work in progress statements from the forgeworld team.

Which means that even accurate quotes might be of things that change as the design and playtest decisions are made and revised.

Nothing will be completely reliable till the book is at the printers.

Well, the problem is that the Mechanicum has vastly different units than the 40K Ad Mech. For example I don't own any models that could represent Myrmidon Destructors etc. Whereas many units for the 30K Space Marines have almost the same models as they have in 40K. 

And even if I did own enough 30K Mechanicum to actually play them, I don't know how they do against 40K armies. From what I've read you are adviced to stay away from Eldar, Necrons, Tau and some Space Marines with a 30K list, as they lack powerful formations and are generally more expensive points wise than their 40K counterparts.

Yeah, they are technically different games. It'd be like bringing a 3rd ed codex to a 7th ed game, or something. It might not be too bad in some cases but they aren't intended to be used together.

Yeah, they are technically different games. It'd be like bringing a 3rd ed codex to a 7th ed game, or something. It might not be too bad in some cases but they aren't intended to be used together.

in all honesty, Legio cybernetica is one of the funnest things to play in 40k, and I still say it can hold it's own barring anything craftworld eldar.

When the rules come out for 40k, I'm considering making Myrmidons out of Bullgrins, Kataphrons and various other techy-bits, maybe Centurions...

I had a REALLY old super rough concept for these even before we got the Skitarii book:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/myrmidon_zpswvcf5lxt.jpg

When the rules come out for 40k, I'm considering making Myrmidons out of Bullgrins, Kataphrons and various other techy-bits, maybe Centurions...

I had a REALLY old super rough concept for these even before we got the Skitarii book:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/myrmidon_zpswvcf5lxt.jpg

Get rid of the hurricane bolters and put all the guns on one arm and you pretty much got it!

I really like how similar the gas mask is to the Ranger faces. The Magos in me recognises those Bullgryns would make excellent combat servitors. The Mekboy in me notices those grenade launcher arms would make some excellent Grotzookas. Since the description for Praetorian servitors said they were often either vat-grown and bulked up or made from Ogryns you could make something pretty interesting out of them. Anything from additional limbs made from Ruststalker parts or shoulder-mounted weaponry could look interesting.

I am just throwing random ideas at you but your initial ideas of using them as Myrmidons sound good.

The only things I would want to replace are the armpit guns and the improvised track link armour. I am not sure what to replace it with but the torso armour piece from the Kastellans or the spare armour plates from the Kataphron Breachers you could probably make some interesting adjustments.

Edited by Flame Boy

• 2 weeks later...

This fits GWs latest trend to preferably mention units that have models, but it's nothing more than an indicator until FW drops the book. In Master of Mankind, the 30k Mechanicum uses pretty much everything but grav weaponry from the 40k model range, doesn't mean I can use my skitarii in Mechanicum lists yet.

Is there anything new on the release of the book? The rumour that the next IA will give 30K Mechanicum rules for 40K is now almost a year old. It's strange that the book still isn't out yet.

Is there anything new on the release of the book? The rumour that the next IA will give 30K Mechanicum rules for 40K is now almost a year old. It's strange that the book still isn't out yet.

There's a lot of updates on the date at FW events, but nothing on what unit will be in it or not. Essentially, the book is coming after the Prospero book, Prospero being a lot more important. And the Prospero book will likely be sold at the event next week, and maybe we'll know more about which units will be in it. Red Scorpions named leviathan was already shown as 3d model, and RS are in the AdMech book too..