New Rumour, ALL 30k Mechanicum units coming to 40k!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, not only for the triaros, but the vultarax. I really like the idea of having flying robot drones.

Yeah, my hopes are the Macroarid will go over to 40k. Carl needs a badass ride...

Same here. I don't know which I would prefer though.  I'll have to have a close look at the rules since I like both models and they are around the same price. I've got plenty of models to paint while I wait so the wait won't be so bad. Hopefully both vehicles will get new options for more 40k Mechanicus-friendly weapons too.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/at2/2017/1/30/29d7771edd74ca7286e22a9e13e7b7b6_8725.jpg

Don't know where else to put this...

On the right side there is something about the Macrocarid and Vultarax. Have FW modells been mentioned / presented in the WD earlier as well?

Hopes not getting to high, but I am curious in which relation it stands to the GW 40k "Eldar-ish" terrain on the left side.

To be honest, I think it's just a showcase of things that have come from FW recently, or, what they could show at the time of printing I guess!

Yep, that's it. It's not the first time WD shows in the "Latest news" section something that FW actually released weeks or months earlier (due to its fluid release schedule)

To be honest, I think it's just a showcase of things that have come from FW recently, or, what they could show at the time of printing I guess!

Yep, that's it. It's not the first time WD shows in the "Latest news" section something that FW actually released weeks or months earlier (due to its fluid release schedule)

True, but I think what we're getting at is, is it the first Horus Heresy only stuff.

To be honest i wouldnt be suprised if the 40k FW admech book is waiting on the 8th edition release, I mean, it would make sense as they then wont need to make an FAQ for fixing how the games suddenly changed jumping from 7th to 8th as found with other books, or if no FAQ being left in a sort of limbo state.

True, but I think what we're getting at is, is it the first Horus Heresy only stuff.

Nope. The Mastodon was showcased in the exact same way, even before it was released. I remember, because I translated the whole article from German to English, for my buddies to know what's up. :laugh.: And the Mastodon is still 30k only, at least it's featured on the next IA's artwork. Just wait for the book, this rumor interpretation is turning desperate...

To be honest i wouldnt be suprised if the 40k FW admech book is waiting on the 8th edition release, I mean, it would make sense as they then wont need to make an FAQ for fixing how the games suddenly changed jumping from 7th to 8th as found with other books, or if no FAQ being left in a sort of limbo state.

Considering how GW doesn't tell FW what's up, and how 30k rule releases have been going, nope. Every single 30k rulebook was taken by surprise so far, as far as still using the "only troops and guys with special rules are scoring" system to this day. There's a 7th edition FAQ of how to translate this into ObSec to play against 40k rules, but they still haven't adapted further to 7th, let alone some possible future edition.

Plus the last new book, chaos' IA13 was released a decent distance into 7th and was very 6th edition and doesn't jive well with formations. I don't have a whole lot of hope that this book will be future proofed sadly

You could call it 'idiot proofing' if you were being terribly uncharitable. I'd long enjoyed someone else's metaphor that Forgeworld & BL were relatively dedicated master artisans working on exquisite details of a glorious cathedral, whilst the main studio were the mad purse-string holders wandering about demanding things on the fly like "Where's the swimming pool? Why doesn't the altar have a waterslide? Where's the bouncy-castle? Why's that wall not made of chocolate?"

---

I'm excited to see what the new book holds, but part of me is itching against the wait, and the inevitably limited* nature of the release, and ever-more inclined to scratch the old itch and try to make some sort of fan-made supplement.

I say that not intending it to be as disparaging as it might seem. My imagination isn't great, but it's unlikely that they'll produce everything we ever dreamed of. (Unlikely, but not at all impossible. They do excellent work.)

It's quite exciting, really - I guess I'm just trying not to get too excited about it!

Some of the rumours of 8th ed have said there will be two main rulebooks, one for 40k the other for 30k, in which case we might see 30k split off remaining relatively consistent with past editions to minimise re-writing for Forgeworld while 40k may get much more divergent. But how reliable that rumour is i have no idea.

I have the white dwarf in my lap right now. The page only mentions the Heresy era Mechanicum, no mention of either Macrocarid or Vultarax for 40k.

So just like an FW advertise?

I have never bought a WD, so I didn't know that there is FW stuff included as well...

Affirmative.

They regularly have a little thing on a new-ish release from Forgeworld.

Hope this means HQ choices can finally take an Abeyant...

They will be able to!

If you mean the ones that will be ported from 30k... Who already have the option ;)

I do mean those. Since marines are eventually going to be championed by returning primarchs thus destroying any glory chaptermasters have for non founding chapters makes my relictors moot.

So AM is my last hold out for being able to create unique things. Plus ad mech ha need more more options, and an abeyant would be awesome for modeling. Won't quite fit with my idea for a different ad mech army, but I seek new things lol

The consensus seems to be that it's just a kitbash. The big gun is from the Styrix knight, the two cannons on the front are clearly from the Onager kit itself: the cannons themselves are from the anti-air unit, the "shield" bits are those stabilizer pads that you can put on the feet. 

Is that a winged dominus too? Neat :)

God i wish that Dunecrawler wasnt a kitbash, i have had 3 dunecrawlers unbuilt next to me for ages and was thinking on building them, but would have happily waited longer to get some of those puppies built, looks so cool.