New Rumour, ALL 30k Mechanicum units coming to 40k!

The flechette shot sucks but they now each have one less shot than a squad of infiltrator pistols at double the range, so they could still be good for putting some wounds on the enemy. If all else fails then paying 160pts for a squad of 10 with ap3 rending shots would still be pretty good.

also in HH they dont have data imperatives but at the start of each turn they can forgo running or assaulting and get BS5 and a BS2 overwatch at a -1 WS penalty. it's not the best but considering it's every turn it can be pretty devastating once the enemy gets in range.

the HQ also can give them either +1 FNP or Preffered enemy (infantry) at the start of the game, so they can hit fairly accurately. if they would change the range of arc rifles or at least make them assault then it would be fairly good.

Also, they get an av 13 transport for 135 points that can do haywire hits on a ram, and is durable with a flare shield.

Side note does anyone know if the knights count as titans? and can I just say without them being in cybernetica I am having a really hard time trying to come up with ideas for these guys?

Edited by Tiger9gamer

Remember, the secutarii only had experimental rules so far, I'd bet the 40k rules will be pretty much the same. Hoplites were worthless against anything that's not a vehicle, peltasts were singularly better than both ranger and vanguard, there had to be adjustments to make them more balanced. The 30k quad mortar went exactly the same way, having multiple ammo choices that were free (and devastating) at first, but costly upgrades later to bring them in line.

• 3 months later...

That's some interesting news. It seems like the Red Scorpions will have some new toys. It sounds like Commander Culln met the TF2 Demoman and got poured into a scary soup can.

I suppose the delay is no surprise due to 8th edition but it's a shame that we don't get much more info yet.

That's some interesting news. It seems like the Red Scorpions will have some new toys. It sounds like Commander Culln met the TF2 Demoman and got poured into a scary soup can.

I suppose the delay is no surprise due to 8th edition but it's a shame that we don't get much more info yet.

I hope Warhammer Fest will give us some updates about what to expect and some time frames.

I would have thought they pulled an AOS and gave us the rules right away like they did for all the old fantasy models, but oh well. I waited this long, I can wait just a little bit longer.

They're not mutually exclusive, are they? Forgeworld can drop datasheets for every unit on day 1 and still sell their fancy campaign book with all the fluff and missions and other stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

from Pendraig's summary of Warhammer Fest:

Fires of Cyraxus is still going ahead. However, the transition to 8th ed. has slowed it down. No mention of a release this year was given. However, all the narrative, art and background has been written. The main sticking point is the conversion of the Mechanicum and Tau units to 8th ed. The priority has been given over to making sure all the other previously released units have the first conversion before new units rules are created.

This morning's forgeworld email promises an astra millitarum index later this month containing rules for

"The vast forces of the Astra Militarum, the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Titan Legions"

Maybe we're getting everything sooner than expected...

Edit : apparently not, indexes are up on forgeworld, they've got Knights and titans but nothing else.

Edited by Reough

Does this mean the Knights get the Ad Mech Keyword?

Maybe they are talking about Secutarii and Ordniatus as well since they already had experimental rules

They promised to cover every existing model, and that should include the fancy new Secutarii/Ordinatus. We'll see, sometimes they mention AdMech, sometimes they don't.

Looking at the content of the other books makes me confident we realy get all the units. As far as I know the FW units I think nearly everything out of 30k gets available for the armies covered by the 4 Indices

Only unit I'm missing in the list would be the Glaive. Guess some lost technology might still be lost.

IIRC, there were thallax on one of the artworks, not sure. On events, FW talked about how Cyraxis had a locked vault of heresy-era stuff to unleash upon the tau, including old robots who went insane in the meantime. We'll see...

Looking at the content of the other books makes me confident we realy get all the units. As far as I know the FW units I think nearly everything out of 30k gets available for the armies covered by the 4 Indices

Only unit I'm missing in the list would be the Glaive. Guess some lost technology might still be lost.

Wait, are you talking about admech stuff in the indexes? All I saw were knights, and a bunch of astra militarum stuff.

Wait, are you talking about admech stuff in the indexes? All I saw were knights, and a bunch of astra militarum stuff.

Not in the Indices that are released now, but in the next IA we will get (hopefully) a ton of Mechanicum units.

The Glaive is an astartes 30k tank that doesn't appear in the FW astartes index, at least one example where FW said "We could sell it more, but it's really lost". We'll see how much this applies to AdMech/Mechanicum when they release Cyraxis.

The Glaive is an astartes 30k tank that doesn't appear in the FW astartes index, at least one example where FW said "We could sell it more, but it's really lost". We'll see how much this applies to AdMech/Mechanicum when they release Cyraxis.

I'm just happy AdMech is the only Faction to get Volkite in 40K, and happier still that they're getting even more (40K Styrix! 40K Styrix!).