Loyalty & Treachery to return!

Captain Semper

Semper; can you remind me if it's okay to vow models from different Legions or do we have to pick and stick with a single faction, like ETL?

Also interested to know this, my Vlka Fenryka company shall have several squads from other Legions as part of their exchange programme and I might paint some of those up whilst waiting for Inferno.

Only choice you have to make is Loyalist or Traitor: anything beyond that *should* be fine. That being said, this is based on my (admittedly dim) recollection of last year's rules. ​Semper ​may have changed them or I may be misremembering (although I hope such is not the case. Want to paint Fists, Blood Angels, and maybe a little Vlka with a side offering of Custodes and Sisters with the possibility of Militia this year...)

Incidentally, both the Custodians and the Sisters of Silence have get-you-by rules in November 2016 White Dwarf (p.113-115). But even if there were no rules we'd allow them! yes.gif

Oh good! Was just a little concerned because while the Custodes have 30k rules proper in the December White Dwarf, the Sisters have no such thing beyond the 40k rules you mention... but good to hear.

Well the idea is to motivate people to complete their projects on one hand but keep the playing field level on the other.

If they are in early stages of painting they'd be fine. Send me pics and will give you a ruling. smile.png

Bleh. ​I've got a Knight in a pretty cruddy state right now, with basically just some basecoats put down. I'll send you a picture when I get the chance.

Semper; can you remind me if it's okay to vow models from different Legions or do we have to pick and stick with a single faction, like ETL?

Furthermore, would the new 40k Thousand Sons kits be acceptable as Legion Terminator Squads / Veteran Tactical Squads respectively? I am planning to do them in the Pre-Heresy red scheme.

The only consideration is to have 30k legal units. You can choose any Legion or other Faction or any mix of any (did that even make sense in English? :unsure:

Incidentally, both the Custodians and the Sisters of Silence have get-you-by rules in November 2016 White Dwarf (p.113-115). But even if there were no rules we'd allow them! yes.gif

Oh good! Was just a little concerned because while the Custodes have 30k rules proper in the December White Dwarf, the Sisters have no such thing beyond the 40k rules you mention... but good to hear.

Well the idea is to motivate people to complete their projects on one hand but keep the playing field level on the other.

If they are in early stages of painting they'd be fine. Send me pics and will give you a ruling. smile.png

Bleh. ​I've got a Knight in a pretty cruddy state right now, with basically just some basecoats put down. I'll send you a picture when I get the chance.

Yeah, check out the November issue (the one that introduces Prospero). You'll find the rules there, although I suspect something more elaborate will come up once the black book is out. And yes, feel free to send me pics. :)

The only consideration is to have 30k legal units. You can choose any Legion or other Faction or any mix of any (did that even make sense in English? unsure.png

Yep, makes perfect sense thank you! I will be putting forward some Thousand Sons and Alpha Legion this time around :)

I might contribute some models...

- famous last words of Depthcharge, renowned slacker

Might? Might?

Due to your work and Forward Assist's, I have gone down a dark path I never would have imagined for myself in my 20 years in the hobby.

I'm actually making the 1st Legion my 2017 Heresy era project. Mostly due to the Rangdan Vets and work you two put out.

If I, a solid Wolf Lord and hater of all things Dark Angels, can commit to the 1st Legion I expect more than "might".

(Hope you recognize the good natured ribbing as intended, though the praise is fully meant as written)

And yes, feel free to send me pics. smile.png

Right, will take care of that in the morning.

Also, one more question: what's the stance on fortifications? Been thinking about getting a few of the plastic bunkers for a while now, and if they're allowed for L&T that might send me over the edge.

I'm in.

I have a few bits assembled but not painted and I can easily hold off starting them until the 15th.  XX Legion and some Custodes.  

I suspect my part painted Lerneans are a bit too far along though so they'll not be a part of the vow.

Cheers

Vogon

I might contribute some models...

- famous last words of Depthcharge, renowned slacker

Might? Might?

Due to your work and Forward Assist's, I have gone down a dark path I never would have imagined for myself in my 20 years in the hobby.

I'm actually making the 1st Legion my 2017 Heresy era project. Mostly due to the Rangdan Vets and work you two put out.

If I, a solid Wolf Lord and hater of all things Dark Angels, can commit to the 1st Legion I expect more than "might".

(Hope you recognize the good natured ribbing as intended, though the praise is fully meant as written)

Thanks man it means a lot for any praise.

As a devoted hater of all things wolf shaped...I have actually gotten an itch to paint some Vlka in that sweet dark storm grey. I just started getting more into Vikings so the pull is strong.

Aw crap, not this again. :)

Captain Semper: how lenient can it be when it comes to converting and kitbashing?

I'd like to contribute with a caestus assault ram, kitbashed from a storm fang and stormraven. (Not yet built, damn holiday posting time!)

Other than that hope to contribute some dreadnought talons, iron havocs, artillery, and more...

This is super tempting considering how bad I am at completing projects.

A source of motivation would be really useful, especially considering having recently purchased BoP, I managed to build one whole model and then pretty much wandered off.

On the other hand, I'm keenly aware that from monday, I'll have three months where I'll be entirely unable to do any hobbying. teehee.gif

A source of motivation would be really useful, especially considering having recently purchased BoP, I managed to build one whole model and then pretty much wandered off.

On the other hand, I'm keenly aware that from monday, I'll have three months where I'll be entirely unable to do any hobbying. teehee.gif

But it's a damn fine model. ;)

My own BoP is mostly unbuilt, hopefully this will help getting all those tactical marines done.

Aw crap, not this again. smile.png

Captain Semper: how lenient can it be when it comes to converting and kitbashing?

I'd like to contribute with a caestus assault ram, kitbashed from a storm fang and stormraven. (Not yet built, damn holiday posting time!)

Other than that hope to contribute some dreadnought talons, iron havocs, artillery, and more...

Kit bashing and converting are not only allowed, they are encouraged! :woot: Go crazy!

Yesssssssssss! Peachy keen for this. My group has finally discussed a little ZM set up at 1,000pts. so I may finally be able to legitimately dip my toes into the HH.

Good! will that be the first time to actually see a finished model from ADB? :P

It's either the full 1,000 pts ZM force or it's the penal legions for you! :D

The Bearers of the True Word have heard the call of the Warmaster and have answered. The Chapter of the Sacred Vessel shall march to war.

I've got some models assembled and primed and I'm impatiently awaiting January 15th to begin the challenge. So far I know I'm vowing:

2 x Laser Destroyer Vindicators

10 x Word Bearers Breachers

1 x Dual Grav Bombard Leviathan

I'm awaiting the arrival of the following:

1 x Conversion Beamer Predator

4 x Word Bearers Apothecaries

And there will be more to add to the vow. Do we have three months like we did with ETL?

​...seeking confirmation...

...confirmation received...

...inload begins...

​"O'er The Ramparts we Watch."

gallery_78067_11287_30469.jpg

​The war-horns sound. The klaxons blare.

​The drumbeat of war in our step.

To the darkness we bring light. To the ignorant we bring wisdom.

To the defenseless, we are their shield.

We serve and we protect.

We are the Watchtower.

Marble, for we are a fortress.

Gold for the right to rule.

Iron, for we are, at the end, warriors, no matter our circumstance of glory.

For Dorn and the Seventh Legion.

For Terra, and its Emperor.

For the Imperium of Mankind.

O'er Its Ramparts We Watch.

med_gallery_78067_11287_56384.jpeg

[pict-capture: A knight of House Watchtower, oathbound to the VII Legion. Depicted as it was at the Nehvra Kaelix sump-fields, Siege of Terra.]

... attached index...

Requisition form - Loyalty and Treachery, the Third Offensive [siege of Terra] - Battlegroup Nehvra under Shield-Commandant Eilings

an incomplete manifest

Of the VII Legion, 284th Storm Battalion, various companies:

Lieutenant Rael Donovan, Wallbreaker [Command Officer]

Judiciary Isayah Xayle [Chaplain/Judiciary Protocol]

Behn Ashkai, Librarius

Commander Sam'yel de Carnelyn [Master of Signals]

I Tactical, Company A

II Tactical, Company A

I Seeker, Hunter Division

III Wallbreaker [Tartaros]

Skyfall Squadron [Vindicator]

Of the IX Legion, Azra'il Company:

Edura'el First Tactical

Fear No Evil [Legion Corvid-pattern Storm Eagle]

Ma'rel Third Assault

Of the Imperial Army:

20 infantrymen of the 3rd T'lantic Rifles

10 infantrymen of the 170th Trans-Solar Imperial Engineers

Of House Watchtower, Knightly House oathbound to the VII Legion:

Desmond of the Watchtower [Knight-Crusader]

Of the Pale Sorrows Cadre, Sorositas Inconcessus

[sCRAPSHUNTERRORABORT]

Numbers unknown, datafile corruption

Of the Legio Custodes

[sCRAPSHUNTERRORABORT]

Numbers unknown, datafile corruption

...inload ends...

Basically what I can think of painting off of the top of my head. I'm sure there's more... :P

But it's a damn fine model. msn-wink.gif

My own BoP is mostly unbuilt, hopefully this will help getting all those tactical marines done.

Haha, thanks dude - the lack of a paintjob and lumps of blu-tac are obviously part of his wagear too tongue.png

Yeap, three months! But not like the ETL in any other respect. smile.png

Three months? Damn, looks like I'm out - much as I'd like to pretend my finals year isn't a thing, I'm not gonna be able to do any miniature-related hobby in that timeframe confused.gif

Good luck everyone happy.png

Three months? Damn, looks like I'm out - much as I'd like to pretend my finals year isn't a thing, I'm not gonna be able to do any miniature-related hobby in that timeframe confused.gif

Not sure I follow... :confused:

Not sure I follow... :confused:

I'm not gonna be able to do any hobbying in the next three months, so there's no way I could hit a three month deadline :confused:

I did kinda make a resolution to get more stuff done (and I am, just nothing I can show on the B&C right now), but unfortunately everything that I would want to pledge for this I'm not in a good position for... just about everything would need to have something ordered for it.

Archived