---Tartaros Terminator Squad---
---Javelin Las Cannon---
---Rhino Transporter---

---Rhino Transporter---

---Reinforcements from Achean forgeworld to XVth legion astartes on Prospero---

---awaiting shipment---

---Expected arrival: 7 work days---

---End of message---

I did kinda make a resolution to get more stuff done (and I am, just nothing I can show on the B&C right now), but unfortunately everything that I would want to pledge for this I'm not in a good position for... just about everything would need to have something ordered for it.

Less excuses, more awesome models pal.

:P

I did kinda make a resolution to get more stuff done (and I am, just nothing I can show on the B&C right now), but unfortunately everything that I would want to pledge for this I'm not in a good position for... just about everything would need to have something ordered for it.

Less excuses, more awesome models pal.

tongue.png

I would love to knock out my second Macharius, but I CANNOT find any of the same replacement tracks I used on the first one, and I don't want to buy a $50 or $60 kit just for some tracks. My Spartan needs new lascannons, 'cause I tried to do something with the ones that came with it and messed them up, etc, etc.

I would like to take part. My grand project for this year is to get into 30k with an army.

I think I can get three squads painted in three months.  I am still trying to work out what legion and in any case would like to develop my own unique colour scheme. I am leaning towards Alpha Legion for the tactical flexibility of their rules but I am not too keen on their colours.

Is it Ok to paint my force in a colour scheme not related to any Legion?

If yes then I would like to pledge

• 1 Tactical Squad, 10 man
  • 1 Praetor (if I can get all the parts for the planned conversion, if I cannot I will pledge a different HQ)
  • 1 Terminator Squad, 5 man (for the Praetor to join, if I cannot do the Praetor 1 Legion Tactical Support Squad, 5 man)    

For a noob how does this work, slightly curious as my evergrowing pile of unpainted 30k stuff glares at me with new malevolence each day they remain unpainted

The best guide is to have a look at last year's event here. Expect something very similar for this year. :)

I picked up a Panther kit today for tracks and other bits for the Macharius. Trying to decide now if I want to do the stubby guns of the regular tank or the longer Vanquisher guns.

Are the tracks compatible? That's great news then! And I know the larger gun is visually more interesting but I vote for the "stubby" ones! :D

Yeah, the kit I bought today is the same one I got the tracks from for the first Macharius and since this one is complete, it's basically a shiny new bitz box to raid. I think I will go with the stubby barrels of the heavy tank Mach instead of the Vanuisher, partly because I like the look of the shorter barrels, but I'm also not a fan of the ones that come on the kit because the big braces and rivets on the barrels don't make any sense to me. I'm looking at some aftermarket metal barrels.

I'm eager to take part, especially as I just finished my Dark Angels (first army every fully constructed and painted) yesterday. Something I didn't see was if single model units (Such as a Praetor in Terminator Armour) would qualify as an acceptable entry? I'm waiting on upgrade parts for my Thousand Sons Infantry, but I do have the pieces for some Dreadnoughts and some fancy HQ choices sitting in blisters in drawers. 

I got some replacement barrels on the way, and I hope they fit; they're 1/35 scale 150mm guns with a pretty wide base and I'm guesstimating they're about the same size as the guns on the Macharius HT. The downside is that they're coming from Poland and could take 3-4 weeks, or more, to show up.

Since I'll be doing a lot of work on the tank and with my well-known working speed, I should probably do something already finished for the other two entries. I figure I've toted around unpainted pics of this guy for long enough:

http://i.imgur.com/L6WAB36.png

For the third entry, I dunno. Maybe my Dusk Raiders leader if I can finish up his cloak and find his head.

http://i.imgur.com/Le1ZS5a.png

If I can't find the head, I'm sure I could convert one of the other ones to look like it.

Something I didn't see was if single model units (Such as a Praetor in Terminator Armour) would qualify as an acceptable entry? 

If the rules are the same as last time then single-model units are indeed acceptable, the only stipulation being that they are game-legal. (So a single Praetor is fine, a single Tactical Marine is not)

Would I be able to vow some Ursarax models as an Imperialis Milita brute squad? The models are awesome, and ogryn don't really fit the aesthetic of the army. I would take them as allies but there isn't room in a 1k list.

Count me in :D

Battleship Dawn of Old Earth

3 days prior to the Istvaan III Betrayal

The brothers met in a mess hall. The buzz of conversation drowning out the words that would change a species forever. No one paid them the scantest heed, the falsehoods they carried perfectly masking the fact they were living weapons. The priceless relics were reserved now for the utmost elite of the Imperium but the killers were apart, older. Seven were gathered. It had been almost Forty standard years since even half that number had occupied a single room, three were still absent, the business of the Crusade taking precedence. Their leader met each of their eyes, briefly touching his finger tips to his temple then to his lips, signifying his mind and his voice speaking in one purpose: truth. A rare commodity amid centuries of lies.

"It is true. Word has come from the Primarch. Even now the Warmaster makes his opening moves."

Silence was the reward for those words. How does one react to such a treachery given voice. Only one dared speak.

"And where does this place the Legion, and more significantly, us?"

"If the Primarch is aware of this and no warning has been delivered to Terra then we must accept that both he and the Legion will side with Horus."

"Do we have anything further to base this on? Aside from His word?"

The speaker met his brothers' eyes again, mentally taking note of any reactions but they were all still, stone even. Good.

"Both the IX and XIII Legions have been issued mobilization orders under the Warmaster's seal. The IV have returned to Olympia for refitting and the Wolves have been dispatched to Prospero to take Magnus to Terra"

Again, no reaction. The youngest spoke this time.

"The Wolves, they have gone alone?"

"No. A detachment of the Silent Sisterhood and the Ten Thousand led by Valdor also accompany Russ. Alongside the Legio Titanicus"

That produced a reaction. Excessive by their high standards. Eyes widened, breath exhaled in a rush.

"Throne he's going to invade?"

"Yes. The war to come is already being fanned into an Inferno. The question we face is; where do we stand?"

The brothers looked at each other in silence. Finally, the eldest raised his head, tapping his temple and lips

"We have served the Imperium before there was a Warmaster, before our Primarch led us, before, in truth, there was an Imperium. We have fought for the Throne since the Great Crusade set sail. We bloodied our blades and our hands during Unification. We are the last of the First Century of the Legion. Our path is clear. Treachery is our craft but Loyalty our calling.

He nodded slightly for emphasis. The leader looked around the circle. Nods of assent meeting his eyes. Finally he added his own.

"I will see our remaining brothers recalled to Terra as soon as possible. In the meantime we must identify the Legions most likely to turn their colours and draw contingencies for dealing with that as it becomes necessary. I will also meet with the Primarch to glean more of his plans. Before our betrayal becomes known and he orders us all dead.

Ruin made the sigh of the Aquila and the Downfall mimicked the gesture

"For the Emperor"

4530377fe2bfe0b2cfabf3edae4db789.jpg

Archived