The Last Hunt by RobMac

b1soul

Though my heart will always beat for the Vlka, as Bill King for me into reading 40k stuff, the Scars became my second most favorite Legion overall and my favorite in terms of how they were presented.

Would love to see a bit of interaction between WS and SW in 40K...especially in light of the interesting 30K dynamic established by Wraight

Ditto. From the way Path of Heaven ended, their mutual disdain might have changed into wary respect by the end of the heresy. 

Okay - let's be honest. SW feels disdain to everyone except themselves. Even if Dorn appeared himself and proposed a strategy - jarls would have laugthed in his face. 

Agreed.

Just finished Red Tithe and damn! :biggrin.:

Maybe we'll see some Scars vs Corsairs action? As far as I rember, the Corsairs are the only traitor force which is specialized in fast warfare like the Scars. Could be a great chance to mirror both of them and create a What if scenario as the Scars could as well have become space pirates if events eould have turned out differently.

I'm digging a Corsairs leader with a familiar which he's taking care for, naming it Polly. :wink:

Polly is good, lol :biggrin.:

Ditto. From the way Path of Heaven ended, their mutual disdain might have changed into wary respect by the end of the heresy. 

I can't seem to recall a single BL scene in which WS and SW interact in 40K...a lot of potential to be explored

I can't seem to recall a single BL scene in which WS and SW interact in 40K...a lot of potential to be explored

Hmmm, actually where are none except for the individuals in Deathwatch stories. 

I don't even think they interact in DW stories

They do  - in some. Storm of Damocles for once.

...and how did that go? Swimmingly?

Actually very profoundly nicely ;) SW is a lone wolf where and Deathwatch master lol.

Anyway I do suggest for you to read Storm of Damocles, tis really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I liked Storm of Damocles. IIRC it had the POV of a Tau Crisis Suit pilot woven in, right? Was very interesting. 

Indeed. Plus what a character! He had a trophy from an Imperial commisar! 'From the brave guela he has killed himself'

Plus 'Storm of Damocles' was amazing on it's own as not only a Deathwatch/WS story versus Tau. It has it's own charm and personality. Lone Wolf, Raven Guard, Blood Angel characters are amazing.

Robbie by the way - will you include Titan warfare into the Last Hunt. It would be good to see some Warhound Titans pack  crazed with speed as a company for a fast striking White Scars :)

• 3 months later...

Hi Rob, just saw this twitter update from April:

https://mobile.twitter.com/robbiemacniven/status/856943388796624897

When can we expect the BL release?

I'm afraid that's classified for now :)

Second the question. And by the way - congrats are in order :wink:

Thanks! Hopefully you'll be pleased to know that Carcharodons II is 1/4 finished!

*snip*

Thanks! Hopefully you'll be pleased to know that Carcharodons II is 1/4 finished!

mr-burns.jpg

I'm afraid that's classified for now :smile.:

Very and profoundly pleased - thank you Robbie :yes:  Now go and write faster :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit to b1soul, I've had to tweak the small snippet of lore we have on Joghaten inheriting his Brotherhood following the defeat of the Red Corsairs. Hopefully I've not dishonoured the Khagan with my canon amendment, but it was for the good of the story. 

In happier news, I've seen the cover art today, it sure is pretty. 

I must admit to b1soul, I've had to tweak the small snippet of lore we have on Joghaten inheriting his Brotherhood following the defeat of the Red Corsairs. Hopefully I've not dishonoured the Khagan with my canon amendment, but it was for the good of the story. 

So - they defeated and routed the Red Corsairs then? :) Tell me they did kill Huron for good? :yes:

Hi RobMac...

Hope to see that cover soon.

Can you spill any beans (perhaps 1 or 2) if not about the tweak itself, then perhaps about why you tweaked the fluff...what motivated your creative choice?

So - they defeated and routed the Red Corsairs then? :smile.: Tell me they did kill Huron for good? :yes:

I hope not. Huron's a pretty fantastic villain to have, with so much potential for conflict with Abaddon. They could easily use Lufgt to explain what Abaddon was up to, post-Cadia: Trying to get the Blackheart off his lawn.

Robbie, am I correct in assuming The Last Hunt will be part of the Space Marine Battles relaunch? Has that actually been renamed to Space Marine Conquests as stray Amazon listings would imply?

Edited by DarkChaplain

So - they defeated and routed the Red Corsairs then? :smile.: Tell me they did kill Huron for good? :yes:

I hope not. Huron's a pretty fantastic villain to have, with so much potential for conflict with Abaddon. They could easily use Lufgt to explain what Abaddon was up to, post-Cadia: Trying to get the Blackheart off his lawn.

Robbie, am I correct in assuming The Last Hunt will be part of the Space Marine Battles relaunch? Has that actually been renamed to Space Marine Conquests as stray Amazon listings would imply?

Yes - but I'm also for the cropping of the Chaos Lords list. There are simply too much prominent 'Chaos' lords. To kill one big name renegade would feel good. After that Abaddon could kill Guilliman for all I care :teehee:

'Robbie, am I correct in assuming The Last Hunt will be part of the Space Marine Battles relaunch? Has that actually been renamed to Space Marine Conquests as stray Amazon listings would imply?'

- seconded, could you clarify Robbie?

Can you spill any beans (perhaps 1 or 2) if not about the tweak itself, then perhaps about why you tweaked the fluff...what motivated your creative choice?

No talking about it yet I'm afraid, but I'd sure it'll be discussed when it's out :) 

The Last Hunt isn't part of SMBs. If it does well it may or may not get to be its own series.