The Last Hunt by RobMac

b1soul

A 40K WS series...really hope this happens

Perhaps some of the series could even progress past GS?

Approve that - we need post GS stuff. New post 8th edition is too young with lot of holes and need good lore/fluff stories ASAP

• 5 weeks later...

Personally, I think the artwork is terrible :sad.: (compare to Shroud of Night, for example).

But the book itself looks very promising to me. Definitely deserves a place on my bookshelf, no doubts about it.  

Still better than Crimson King. ;)

That Magnus ruined the entire cover.

1) That cover is much better than a lot of covers released from BL lately.

2) Robbie - is that a Noctis Aeterna period? Or before/after it? Why the 4th Company?

3) Sadly was expecting Red Corsairs as b1soul, not the tyranids. Let's believe that Robbie could do justice by the both sides :yes:

2) Robbie - is that a Noctis Aeterna period? Or before/after it? Why the 4th Company?

Yes, it's more or less set right after the opening of the Great Rift and the confusion that follows. As for the 4th, I guess I just like tulwars :wink:

Will the relatively faceless/blank identity of the Nids mean more room and time for characterisation and deepening of Scars culture and lore?

Chris Wraight's work was my primary benchmark for this project, and we all know what a brilliant job he did with the Scars and their lore. Hopefully I live up to that at least in part, I'm definitely interested in what makes them such a unique Chapter. I mean, at the very least I got a scene involving a Space Marine doing calligraphy in there!

Yes, it's more or less set right after the opening of the Great Rift and the confusion that follows. As for the 4th, I guess I just like tulwars :wink:

Will the relatively faceless/blank identity of the Nids mean more room and time for characterisation and deepening of Scars culture and lore?

Chris Wraight's work was my primary benchmark for this project, and we all know what a brilliant job he did with the Scars and their lore. Hopefully I live up to that at least in part, I'm definitely interested in what makes them such a unique Chapter. I mean, at the very least I got a scene involving a Space Marine doing calligraphy in there!

Thank you for your response as usual. Can't wait to read about the WS from your perspective :yes: After the splendid Sharks you have our confidence (I did even forgive you the 'Wulfen' :wink:)

The point that the story is set right at the start of the Noctis Aeterna is beautiful - cause that period is really has almost zero lore and being quite a young one have not been properly fleshed out.

'Chris Wraight's work was my primary benchmark for this project' - YESSSSSSS :yes:

Personally, I think the artwork is terrible :( (compare to Shroud of Night, for example).

But the book itself looks very promising to me. Definitely deserves a place on my bookshelf, no doubts about it.

Have to agree, the art is not good.

I personally do not like the direction most of the BL cover art is going in. It is too cartoony or comic book in style. It gives the impression that the content is aimed squarely at (young) teenage boys. Compare the latest batch of covers with some of the beautiful work we used to get from Jon Sullivan or Clint Langley.

While we should not judge a book by the cover, actually many people do and will. It is about correctly positioning the product. IMHO this cover does not shout out "this will be a quality read". Shame as nothing to do with Robbie Mac who I am sure has done a fine job.

Personally, I think the artwork is terrible :sad.: (compare to Shroud of Night, for example).

Have to agree, the art is not good.

I personally do not like the direction most of the BL cover art is going in. It is too cartoony or comic book in style. It gives the impression that the content is aimed squarely at (young) teenage boys. Compare the latest batch of covers with some of the beautiful work we used to get from Jon Sullivan or Clint Langley.

While we should not judge a book by the cover, actually many people do and will. It is about correctly positioning the product. IMHO this cover does not shout out "this will be a quality read". Shame as nothing to do with Robbie Mac who I am sure has done a fine job.

Exactly. Too cartoonish and comicvibe. I wouldn't have said better :) From the 'good' upcoming covers so far, there are only 2 - 'Blackshield' and the new 'Warmaster' cover.

• 1 month later...
More Stories set in this period are needed as to date we currently have Gathering Storm then the beginnings of the Indomitus Crusade (8th edition rule book) to the Crusade's end (Dark Imperium novel) approx 100 years later. There is a very large canvas there that needs filling in, not to mention the tidying and/or updating of the various Warzones like Armageddon, Fenris, etc.