Sagentus's Khorne army - Contemptor Dread and DA

Sagentus

The hellbrute is coming along nicely. When sculpting on shoulder pads I like to attach them to an arm using GS or a little dab of super glue and letting it cure. That way you can just hold onto the arm without touching the pad. The shoulder pad will need less cleaning and after curing you can take it off the arm easily as well.

Thanks for the tip Vair, think ill defo use spare arms as so I'm not touching the shoulder pad whilst working on it. Certainly kept having troubles when working on this one and kept messing it up lol, so if the arms help get the job done quicker I'm all up for that!

one question, how long to you leave gs to cure before you work on it? 

Edited by Sagentus

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated this. Really struggling for hobby time atm with work being so manic =/ But i did manage to make a bit of headway on the brute. Im not totaly sure which loadout im going for yet but hear is a version of him with the arms tacked on

gallery_95896_12723_1056059.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_572983.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_1106589.jpg

Quit happy with how the LC looks on him atm. I did contemplate going dual PF but it makes him look to wide and i will need to work on the power scourge to make them look more dynamic with the current pose. He will be getting some khornate symbols and trophies once i have the rest done so dw khorne fans :D

Cheers Nem ... I think what ill do is put a bit of GS at the back of the joing. If I use the cling film trick i will make sure the GS sticks to the PF arm and not the body. Plasma cannon and power scourge would be a nice combo, Ill do some work on the power scourge tonight to make it fit the dynamic pose. 

Managed to get some more work done on the brute got s9me spikes put on him and a tabard too now. The only mistake i did make was to glue the first part of the right arm to the shoulder, which means i cant get the plasma cannon on =@

Firstly here he is with dual pf

gallery_95896_12723_236303.jpg

Now with LC and power scourge

gallery_95896_12723_578139.jpg

Also ive been promising some wips of my cultists and here they finally are ( almost done)

gallery_95896_12723_109917.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_240998.jpg

Oh, I do love a Power Scourge :D. I think it adds extra movement to the model and I like the loincloth you have added from the DP kit too. Your Cultists are also looking excellent. I like the mute, earthy tones you have chosen for them. That really gives them a feel of being the lowest of the low, the dregs in the bowels of a starship. Great work mate, I look forward to more.

Nemac

@nem - The more i look at it the more i like the power scourge. Nice spot with the dp lioncloth, i had to find something as ive lost the front plate lol.

Got a bit side tracked last night, i prepared the havocs for spray and then started something new

gallery_95896_12723_635063.jpg

Its still a very early wip, but after listening to 1/2 of primogenitor at work on audio book, i had to give it a go.

The helbrute is looking good! I love the power scourge but for some reason I really like the dual fists. Something about his pose and those arms out just shout 'welcome to the wrong neighborhood' to me.

Also looking forward to Fabulous Bile! Is it going to be him or a WE version?

@husrong - Cheers mate! I will make sure to put some spikes/trophies on the fists so they will look the part on the brute. haha, that is a great way to put it. 

As regards to Faius Bile, I think i will keep paint him in his EC colours. We all know how much he like to be one to his own, plus it will make a nice change to paint something different to red :) 

Well, I'm definitely excited to see your take on Bile. That green stuff work to the champ's body has me already has me hooked.

And it seems like you are going to add knuckle dusters to power fists and that sounds awesome on every level. Just an idea but it would be kind of cool to see a corpse stuck to the extra spikes and spines you will give him. Like he backhanded a guardsmen into a wall and the meatbag just got skewered on good.

• 3 months later...

Been a long time, but i finally have some work done on the Brute. I did start the Bez squad but they had more than just base coats on before the ETL started :wallbash:

Here is the brute with base coats and washes, next ill start layering/highlighting

gallery_95896_12723_247780.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_203642.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_503676.jpg

I learnt a hard lesson with this model and that was never to undercoat or base coat in cold weathers, really naffed the undercoat and caused bubbles :sad.:

Edited by Sagentus

Hey hey! Helbrute is looking good! I couldn't tell anything was off with the paints till you mentioned it. I honestly can't see it much while looking at the pictures except on the fleshy bits and I have to say it adds a nice pock-marked skin look to it. So that's a plus.

Looking forward to seeing the Berzerkers!

Thanks guys! I think I might have been over critical of my own work. I'm hoping as i layer up the paint on the skin and armor panels itll be less noticable in pictures, but tbh the overall look of the model has come out how i wished for it to do so :) 

• 2 weeks later...