Sagentus's Khorne army - Contemptor Dread and DA

Sagentus

• 1 month later...

It is with deep regret to say i wont be continuing this army. After a recent break up my ex thought it would be a good idea to spite me and take ALL my warhammer to the dump. After a lot of anger upon finding this out I am just sad that all my hard work and time put into this army is no more. I will stick around on the forums to keep a keen eye on how you guys keep smashing it, but for the time being i wont be starting afresh, I got alot of other things that i need/want to do. So for now i bid you farewell 

Just read all this really sorry about all that man, I had an ex smash a spartan and legion glaive so i kind of know the feeling. This thread and the inspiration that comes from it will be sorely missed. Hopefully Angryron and the boys will be released sooner rather than later and suck ya back in.

Hopefully Karma (or Tzeentch) will find your ex and even the score.  What a dick move.

Krautscientist is on to something. :)  I've got about 80 berserkers I'd happily send you. Granted, they need to be stripped and such (got them "free") but you could get a decent amount of bits etc out of them. 

What an incredibly spiteful and bitchy move! I can't believe people do that stuff. 

That being said, I hope you feel better and find your spirit back. The hobby and we are here waiting for you to come back! And yes, KrautScientist is on to something there. I'd happily chip in and send you some miniatures. Maybe we could make a PM group?

EDIT: I've come back because what happened to you kept coming back in my thoughts and I'd like to give some silver lining: you can be glad that your relationship with her ended. Sometimes, relationships end when things between partners just don't jive, and if that happens there's no-one to blame. Maybe you thought that this was the case here. But if she has such low regard for you that she takes away and destroys something you love and are passionate about, she's absolutely not worth your time, energy, and love. Be glad that you're free of her. Take your time to regain your spirit, and look for someone that is worthy of you. Godspeed, mate! You're going to be OK! And with a little help from your B&C friends, you'll have a Khornate army again - if you want. :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

• 3 months later...

Thank you for all your kind words and offers, really meant a lot back then (and now) but i was understandably angry back then. So, after a belated break, a lot of partying and careful thought, i have decided to return. I know WE are due an upgrade, but after seeing kraut and betrayer41's conversions i have decided to purchase everything necessary to do so (mk3 sms, khorne bloodbound and fw axes)

But, a WE army is not complete without Kh Edited by Sagentus

• 1 month later...

Glad to see you're back, mate! You know, that little emergency box of stuff I threw together back when we learned of your misfortune is still there -- just sayin'...

Send it!!  I just sent him a care package from across the pond. Gotta get this army back up and running. Khorne needs some skulls.  Ugh...always with skulls, that guy. Skulls, skulls, skulls.

Glad to see you're back, mate! You know, that little emergency box of stuff I threw together back when we learned of your misfortune is still there -- just sayin'...

Send it!!  I just sent him a care package from across the pond. Gotta get this army back up and running. Khorne needs some skulls.  Ugh...always with skulls, that guy. Skulls, skulls, skulls.

Skulls are aesthetically pleasing to him, what do you want? :lol:

Massively overwhelmed by the community spirit here ... I havent done much more yet as i was awaiting delivery of my hoby saws, got a few mkIII legs and AOS bodies to chop up haha 

I need to get my self an airbrush and paints before i start painting these, so if you have any suggestions to either i would gladly like to hear them :D 

Have you owned an airbrush before?

I bought myself a cheap $20 airbrush from eBay, then used this video to guide me to polish the needle and seal the threads a bit more:

The airbrush was still a bit temperamental, but I learnt a bunch from it and is still going well for priming and varnishing.

I have since bought an Iwata Eclipse HP.CS .35mm. I got it for $176 AUD and it is amazing compared to the cheap one. Works all day every day and is so smooth and great value.

Have you owned an airbrush before?

I bought myself a cheap $20 airbrush from eBay, then used this video to guide me to polish the needle and seal the threads a bit more:

The airbrush was still a bit temperamental, but I learnt a bunch from it and is still going well for priming and varnishing.

I have since bought an Iwata Eclipse HP.CS .35mm. I got it for $176 AUD and it is amazing compared to the cheap one. Works all day every day and is so smooth and great value.

I got an Iwata Eclipse 20 years ago. Best money I've ever spent, just have to keep it clean. 

If you plan to use the airbrush a LOT, spend the money... its worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice on the Airbrish peeps :)

I have managed to start work tonight on a new model tonight, work was slow, but I'm just getting used to what parts I want and where. Here is my first model thus far (i need to cut the bottom of the legs and swapping them for MKIII ones)

gallery_95896_12723_844457.jpg

Got a few pics of Kh