Sagentus's Khorne army - Contemptor Dread and DA

Sagentus

Cheers, Sagentus! Glad to see my package arrived and the contents have use to you :smile.: 

Re: the question of aribrush paints vs normal pints: I find that I actually like to thin them, so I advice just thinning your normal paint for use in your airbrush. The one thing I strongly advize getting is Valejo Flow Improver. Not just for your airbrush, but for all your paints. It'll chance your life. :thumbsup:

Thank you again Aug ... really making use of them, the easy to build blood warriors were the easiest to convert so far!  

I will stick with normal paints and just thin them down, any sort of ratio you use for paint:thinner? Ill defo get some of that Valejo Flow improver, hopefully itll stop my paints drying out so quick too :) 

The consistency of airbrush paint should be about that of milk - so thin until it gets to that. You'll get the hang of it by practice. :smile.:

I advice to get an old, large brush and use it to transport blobs of paint from the pot to your airbrush reservoir, and keep using that brush for that purpose. You get a lot of control that way, and also the brush acts as a sort of measurement. For example, I know that for every two blobs of paint from the brush, I add one drop of water and one drop of Vallejo flow improver. Keep a dropper bottle of tap water (and one to dispense the Flow Improver) nearby for that purpose. :tu:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

• 2 months later...

Its been to long since i have updated this thread (or even got to the building desk) and i apologise. But, the ETL has me eager to get this project well under way and hopefully get painting again. I still need to buy brushes and paints, in the mean time i have built the 5th Berserker

med_gallery_95896_12723_788164.jpg

med_gallery_95896_12723_47596.jpg

My first vow is quite a large one, i aim to get the following painted:

med_gallery_95896_12723_191452.jpg

med_gallery_95896_12723_67377.jpg

med_gallery_95896_12723_60740.jpg

med_gallery_95896_12723_231604.jpg

med_gallery_95896_12723_96689.jpg

I need to tally the points up before I put the vow in, but i look forward to getting my hands on the new contrast paints and getting paint to model once more :D

the only problem with building the berserkers as i have is that they take time to build, I still have GS work to do on the 5 i have built thus far

Edited by Sagentus

New berzerkers, terminators, and Khârn?! That is a trifecta I would love to see everyday! The fifth berzerker looks great and I may copy how you did the legs at the knee. And who is the awesome guy pictured after the berzerkers before Khârn? That fella is pure awesome. Is that a blood warrior torso on a set of new havoc legs?

Best of luck and I am looking forward to your ETL vow! Interested in seeing how the contrast paints work for these fellas.

@Hushrong - thanks mate, they will be a great start to my new army :biggrin.:

That model (and the termies) were part of a care package courtesy of Nemac. There are so many different parts on this model its crazy, its so well put together that it took me a second look to realise. I will get some better pics of the model to show the level of detail Nem went through building that model. 

I'm eagerly awaiting these contrast paints and hoping it might save me buying an airbrush 

Edited by Sagentus

You got a mini from Nemac? If that's who I am remembering it is I am jealous. :)

I am honestly getting an itch to start up WE again. I miss the days of my berzerker hordes running up the field hacking and slashing, with Khârn showing them the way. My buddy and I are picking up 40k again (3rd ed) and I am reconfiguring my EC army to that...but once they are done I want my old chainaxe army back. So I am very keen to see how the contrast works out for you and pick up any tips to help with their painting.

@Leviathus - I can only take credit for the Berserkers and Khârn conversions.

The legs you are on about are a complete conversion in themselves, from the picture I have the top half is the slaugheter priest with hackblade, bottom half is loyal terminator legs with the toes replaces with that of the ones from the raptors  

• 2 months later...

I have managed to get the bloodletters nearly painted (with my current limited pallet of colours), i will update a picture of these later. But after seeing Tzen's latest daemon prince conversion i had a massive serge of creative energy and started work on my DP of Khorne

i sacrificed the hind legs of 2 juggernauts and managed to put them together with a lot of molding putty filling the gaps. I will get rid of the chain-mail at the bottom and re attach korgorath's feet/hoof. Failing that i will seek out some contemptor feet

med_gallery_95896_12723_881102.jpg

med_gallery_95896_12723_93322.jpg

I was working on the head and thought a khorne hound head would work, but im not sure on whether to give him the bunny ears or not. if so any ideas on which ones i should go for?

med_gallery_95896_12723_1547528.jpg

med_gallery_95896_12723_2011165.jpg

• 5 months later...

Its been a really long time since i posted hear and i apologise (especially to those who sent me stuff). I moved into a new flat and time run away with me, but after xmas, my birthday and a lot of scrolling through insta, I have a lot of ideas.

I had been itching to get my self some new havocs and so far this is what i have (2ML, 2AC + champ)

med_gallery_95896_12723_471859.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_224733.jpg

I showed these on insta last night and Red suggested i chain them down, so they are held in position, which i will give a go. Then Bio said about the teeth of khorne, so in homage to them i will give the champ the mighty lord of Khornes head.

Not sure on what combo to give the champ though, i was thinking the standard CA and CS to keep the points low

Bunny ears looking great with the havoc kit :tu:

Chaining then down is a great idea, as is the Skull mask for champ. For weaponry for him I would go Bolter (maybe with so fancy looking sights on it) and a Chainsword or (more fittingly) a Chainaxe :devil:

Bunny ears looking great with the havoc kit :thumbsup:

Chaining then down is a great idea, as is the Skull mask for champ. For weaponry for him I would go Bolter (maybe with so fancy looking sights on it) and a Chainsword or (more fittingly) a Chainaxe :devil:

i was surprised how well they went too tbh

RedNekBoss gave me the idea on Insta, need to work out the correct size. Hmm, think I'll go Bolter/Chain Axe 

Excellent painting and conversions!!

Thanks Kolgrim ... hopefully getting in the swing of things now, so should upload more tonight/tomorrow morning

Managed to get more work done on the Havoc Champ, mighty lord of Khorne's head and the axe arm which is made of 3 different arms. Kraut gave me the idea with one he sent me last year, just add the axe heads to the blood warriors ones (I kinda wish i had done it on the other berzerkers). With this arm i did that but pinned the axe into a normal chain sword arm.

gallery_95896_12723_92856.jpg