WIP Death Guard

Brother Castle

So I plan for this to be my Death Guard project long, to help me progress through what will be a labour of love for me, but a slow process, as I'm not the fastest or even a good painter that is mainly what I'm starting this for to get feedback on the paint job and bounce ideas off those that know far more than I do, (all of you!!). I will come up with the list, fluff and a better topic name as and when I can think of them, but without further ado the first, of many, Death Guard legionary.

I'm not overly happy with him, I did a few things in the wrong order, my bad, and I have work to do with the eyes or lack thereof, but my main issue is with the highlights they are far too obvious for my liking, even after I Townes them down, so I am gonna try something else and see how that goes.

[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/146683368@N02/shares/J30c0Q[/img]

I follow this guy's guide for my wolves and his death guard look great:

Alternatively i saw this on BOLS but your legionnaire looks better than that already (unless you like neon green eyes and shoulders)

Thanks for the comments.

Where your highlights are on the armour ridges, you could paint in a bronze? It would cover the highlights, and also work well for the Death Guard colours

I like your idea so, I went ahead and did it, pictures to follow(tomorrow) and I like it, it really breaks up the bone but it seems a little ornate for the legion, the idea that they hold function over fashion is what drew me among other things to the legion. I need to find a way to reconcile the two.

I follow this guy's guide for my wolves and his death guard look great:

Alternatively i saw this on BOLS but your legionnaire looks better than that already (unless you like neon green eyes and shoulders)

I too followed the war gamer tutorials for the Death Guard, but I wasn't really happy with how the edge highlights in white came out I thought they contrasted too much, so i tried screraming skull, which is what is pictured, and i dont think that worked either...... im going to try and merge the warhammer tv method with the war gamer one and see what happens. the green eyes look good, i do struggle with eyes.

Where your highlights are on the armour ridges, you could paint in a bronze? It would cover the highlights, and also work well for the Death Guard colours

so i went away and messed about with the scheme taking, your words into account and ended up with this

IMG 0235[1]

i must admit he looks a lot better the brass really breaks up the bone colout, im still not overly happy with the highlights, i tried cadian flesh .... i think i might try highlighting before i put the grime effect on.

Archived