Legion of the Damned + Ferrus Manus

Well in the Fall of Cadia thread it was hinted by Atia that a silver armed Giant as part of the LotD. We all know only one being that description fits.

This might be the best way for them to bring him back as Fire and Vengeance, it does not cheapen his death on Isstvan, it also could be a tenuous link to the idea that not all Primarchs will lead their original Legion.

I like the idea that the LotD are the shades of the betrayed at Isstvan.

What do you guys think?

Its speculation (happy Scribe)

1st, thanks for making this thread.  I just found the post you mentioned at: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328953-gathering-storm-fall-of-cadia/page-40?do=findComment&comment=4615776

I swear I once had considered a modeling project where LotD would appear in Heresy-era armour, Mark II and III, just to enhance this idea that they were ancient Space Marine revenants, lending them a sense of antiquity.  So when I read your post I was all like :o

But that idea was based more on aesthetics than lore, but now that you mention it, I just considered this point:

Lord of the Dead - wear mostly black armour with a flame motiff

The decimated Legions at Istvaan, mainly Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders - wear mostly black armour, then the last Legion mentioned happens to have a flame motiff

Regardless, LotD as shades of the betrayed at Isstvan is really intriguing.  It is a slight retcon of how the LotD were a Chapter called Fire Hawks, but even then it's a re-examination, because IIRC that was always presented as a theory in the lore, as no one really knows.  This would make for a very interesting plot twist, actually.

As mentioned in the N+R thread, this would approve my version of the Emperors death I wrote so pretty well. ^^

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328355-endtimes-end-or-beginning/?do=findComment&comment=4579688

I, too, believe / would like to see a renewed Legion of wraith / spirits / call it how you want it consisting of the LotD, Ferrus and possibly Sanguinius!

I'm not an expert in AoS but that would remind me a bit of these Stormcasts guys, right?

Nevertheless, it would suit the established fluff about "good" demons within the Astronomican, Primarchs being tied to the Warp, LotD being more than "just" a cursed / warp tainted chapter.

Therefore, count me in! :tu:

Stormcast are alive. They feel fear, hunger, cold.

They are given a spark of sigmar power.

They are nothing like space marines.

Despite the popular slamming they get for being ground marines they don't share too many traits with space marines

As mentioned in the N+R thread, this would approve my version of the Emperors death I wrote so pretty well. ^^

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328355-endtimes-end-or-beginning/?do=findComment&comment=4579688

I, too, believe / would like to see a renewed Legion of wraith / spirits / call it how you want it consisting of the LotD, Ferrus and possibly Sanguinius!

I'm not an expert in AoS but that would remind me a bit of these Stormcasts guys, right?

Nevertheless, it would suit the established fluff about "good" demons within the Astronomican, Primarchs being tied to the Warp, LotD being more than "just" a cursed / warp tainted chapter.

Therefore, count me in! :thumbsup:

I like the idea that the LotD "might" be Good Daemons.

Stormcast are alive. They feel fear, hunger, cold.

They are given a spark of sigmar power.

They are nothing like space marines.

Despite the popular slamming they get for being ground marines they don't share too many traits with space marines

Really?

Didn't knew that.^^

Then they aren't the same of course

Ok Guys, before this ends up as "Atia said X". 

It's hinted in the fluff already. That's all.

It would make sense for me to use that bit for a plastic LotD revamp, as it's the only way to bring Ferrus back that actually feels 1.) good and 2.) makes him distinct from 30k Ferrus.

Again - it wasn't a sneaky hint about upcoming releases, but a sneaky hint about something that is in the fluff and would feel right for me.

Now, continue the discussion ^_^

Ok Guys, before this ends up as "Atia said X". 

It's hinted in the fluff already. That's all.

It would make sense for me to use that bit for a plastic LotD revamp, as it's the only way to bring Ferrus back that actually feels 1.) good and 2.) makes him distinct from 30k Ferrus.

Again - it wasn't a sneaky hint about upcoming releases, but a sneaky hint about something that is in the fluff and would feel right for me.

Now, continue the discussion :happy.:

I never said that :P and where in the fluff.

Are you tweeting to MoM? Cause there are so e who doubt that these shades / whatever were the LotD.

But if I think further, I can see Ferrus as some kind of General, leading the LotD.

But I would add Sangi as the Emperors Sword aka his champion. The one who stands as an idol at his side.

Maybe they are His "demon Primarchs" ^^

Its not a new thing from Atia, its from Master of Mankind, and it may or may not have any lasting impact on the setting. Lets not jump to some crazy conclusions that Ferrus returns headless as a LotD Primarch.

People SERIOUSLY need to tag their posts as speculation so we dont have rampant (more so I guess) misunderstanding of what is actually canon.

And yes, thank you Arkley, between this, the Sisters backlash against Faith being warp powered, the Emperor is Anti-Chaos because they call him Anathema (a·nath·e·ma, noun 1. something or someone that one vehemently dislikes.) I've pretty much had my fill of the forums already today. :]

Which idea the Ferrus one? I actually dont mind it, at all. I do believe its premature, but thats because in my own head canon there is a difference between the Emperor of 30K, and the God-Emperor of 40K. In 30K, I prefer my Emperor to be a powerful psyker. In 40K, I prefer him to be near Warp God, and this has some canonical references with his potential death and rebirth as the Star Child, or simply being released from his bonds on the Throne to ascend.

To me, the kinds of things we see with LotD, and the Sisters, those are manifestations of Faith, which is really just another way of saying manifestations of Warp Power. In 40K, the concept that a God-Emperor could do these things makes total sense. They are just the Emperor pulling Daemon invasion (LotD) or granting boons (Faith) based on worship, exactly like a Warp God should (Chaos, Gork/Mork).

Now, I know that the early HH books introduced the concept of worship of the Emperor having actual results, just like we see with Faith in 40K via the Sisters, but to me and my own head canon, its premature thats all, in 40K though its fine.

As much as I fan boy for ADB, this was a section of MoM I didnt like, just because of where it is in the timeline. NP, I dont have to like it all.

As to the Anathema as Anti-Chaos in power, that idea has no basis in fact. The only 'anti-chaos' is Sister of Silence type soullessness. Flash forward to 40K, how does Logan harm Magnus? A Khorne powered Axe.

The Emperor's power, is Chaos power, or as we know it, Warp Power. 

(on a side note, I like to think I'm mostly polite, if I insult someone feel free to call me out as its generally not my intent)

It was just what I picked on in the post Atia made it was totally new to me so I started the topic outside the N&R section.

I have not read MoM yet so I have no info to process regarding that. Can someone spoiler tag the bit regarding Ferrus? 

I always thought regards the LotD was they were the Fire Hawks. But I do like the origin of the LotD being Isstvan much better, and I always thought of them having some connection to the Emperor whether its as lesser daemons and lets be honest that cap fits or something else.

(Side note with SoB again I agree that the Acts of Faith are warp based again from the Emperor.)

When the Emperor comes to fight in the Web Way and hold back the tide of Daemons, he powers up to over 9000 and manifests flames/energy. Within can be see flickers/images of those marines that died loyal to him and one, paraphrasing 'with arms of molten silver' or some such. Again I glossed over because I do that when I see things I dont want...but thats the gist of it. :]

MoM spoilers in there.

I too liked the LotD as the Fire Hawks, but oh well, maybe this was added because some people like ambiguity. Now we have 2 options.

:yucky: :yucky:

Understanding the idea is not appreciated via smiley, an explanation goes a long way toward conversation :happy.:

Ok I think that Sucks . I rather like how they are portrayed in Rob Sanders LotD . And come on some of the stuff from some of the heresy books is corny just as some of the 40k books .

Archived