Durak Rask

Primus Medicae

Elite

Contemptor-Mortis - Lascannons

5 Grave Wardens - 5 Chainfists

2 Apothecaries - Augury Scanner

3 Quad Mortars - Phosphex shells

Troops

Tactical Squad (20) - Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Sergeant with Power Scythe, Artificer Armour and Rad Grenades

Tactical Squad (20) - as above

Heavy Support

Deredeo - Lascannons, Pavise

Deredeo - Lascannons, Pavise

Spartan Assault Tank - Flare Shield

This comes to approximately 3000 points. Typhon, the Primus Medicae and the Deathshroud go in the Spartan. The two tactical blobs (with attached Apothecaries) and the Grave Wardens advance around the two Deredeos.

Am I correct in assuming that Durak Rask counts as a Siege Breaker Consul for the purpose of adding phosphex shells to my quad mortars?

As I am only just starting my Death Guard army, I would love some feedback on this list to help guide my upcoming purchases. Thanks in advance.

Hey

Just a couple of things:

- as someone pointed out to me recently, typhon is in cataphractii armour and deathshroud are in tartaros, so typhon will slow the deathshroud down, they don't have great synergy.

- grave wardens are heavy support, not elites. 5 chainfists is probably overkill, 2 is plenty

- whilst Rask doesn't have the siege breaker rules, it is widely accepted that he is a siegebreaker, just make sure your opponent is cool with it beforehand

- what is your plan for Rask? ideally you want a heavy support squad for him to join, maybe drop a deredeo or the mortis and take a heavy support squad (they are troops in the reaping)

Hi Varyn,

Thank you for the feedback. I like the idea of dropping the Mortis in favour of a heavy support squad. What heavy weapons would you recommend? I was thinking missile launchers for anti-flyer duty.

How much of an issue is it that Typhon is in Cataphractii armour? All he needs to do is step out of the Spartan and start hitting people. :)

Archived