I picked up The Fall Of Cadia, it has a depiction of an Angels of Absolution Devastator Marine with a plasma cannon. No company marking, but the cannon casing and backpack are both black. So it looks like there are three officially recognized bolter colour schemes for the AoA, and black backpacks are a thing again!

OK, here's my contribution for the GotC.

I like a lot of the other interpretations for the Guardians on here, and the Sons of Mortikah blog gave me a lot of inspiration also. After much flipping and flopping I eventually came up with a remix on DA chapter org - my 1st co is the BlackWing, and 2nd co the RedWing. 3rd co onwards is std Guardians colour scheme. I stay away from using DA iconography on my models if I can - they're GotC after all, but this means I need to make sure people know what they're up against in the case of my RW Red Knights for example. Haven't yet painted any 1st co, but have done quite a bit of 2nd co so let's start with the RedWing. Here's a LS:

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Worsey73/bda672e0-07cd-4f7e-b95d-029b6e500e70_zps9btnnekd.jpg

Will add a few more pics over next few days.

• 1 month later...

here are the images for my old photos for the Angels of Vengeance I had painted back several years ago. I sold them off, but Only kept the Chapter master conversion I did for them, but since the AoV seem to never have any images online, I will dig them out and add them to this thread. I am thinking starting some new models and rebuilding my AoV army, they looked good, even if almost all black.

Chapter Master

med_gallery_1313_12947_6919.jpg

Belial

med_gallery_1313_12947_47479.jpg

Librarian on Bike

sml_gallery_1313_12947_154961.jpg

Chaplain in Terminator Armor

med_gallery_1313_12947_135845.jpg

Edited by Midnight Angel

Those are some terrific models Midnight Angel, it's too bad you sold them off. It's never a bad time to start a new project though!

I'm glad to see this thread getting going again, our successors really need more attention

Yeah, I kept the chapter master conversion, sold the rest, but that was a few years ago too. Since I am waiting on the new plastic sisters, I am thinking of rebuilding a small marine force. I have been debating on which chapter, whether to create a new diy chapter, or go with something official. I decided to just start a new AoV army, so I placed an order this morning for some mk 4 marines and a plastic contempt or dread (cause they just look so nice). This time I will just work on a Demi battle company to start. I also have an old metal chaplain that I will be converting to make him more angel of vengeance looking, but he won't be robed. I think my new force will keep robed marines limited to veterans, and inner circle members. I also read up that Celestine works well with dark angel armies, as her buffs really shine when paired up with ravenwing. Since that is the only sisters model I have.

Either way, I just had to add some angels of vengeance pics up, as they are the least played successor chapter, or at least the hardest to find painted figure reference of.

It is great to see a thread like this! Here is my take on the Guardians of the Covenant. I have chosen to paint the Aquillas red. I do not think that there was any thing concrete stating what color it should be when I started my army. I like the red better. So here is description of the color schemes that I am using:

Tactical Marines: Gun metal power armour, red aquilla, black shoulder pads, black detailing on backpacks and weapons. Red details on helmets identify veterans. Red robes also identify veterans as well.

Vehicles and Dreadnoughts: Red, I am not a fan of all metal looking tanks.

1st Company: Bone Armour with red robes and markings.

2nd Company: Black with red markings and white markings for the Black Knights. Red robes for veterans.

I like the Deathwing and Ravenwing colors and I could not bring myself to mess with them too much. The red really ties all of the wings together into a cohesive looking army. So here are some of my examples!

Command Squad with Banner

33137958371_cdea916b6e_z.jpg

Assault Squad without jump packs with Jump Company Master

22782704228_3e224ccc66_c.jpg

Deathwing Knights with Land Raider

med_gallery_83962_10975_652528.jpg

Edited by Epher

Just when I was about to post a reminder, Midnight Angel bumps up the tread for me, and with an amazing amount of content! First (massive) entry for the AoV. I'm looking forward for your future project.

And thank you Epher for boosting the GotC with some amazing entries! 

Only the Disciples of Caliban are left without men now, thank you all for the contributions so far. Make sure to check if your post is linked correctly to the index.

Great idea to showcase people's sucessors.

Here is my Consecrator tactical sqaud. Pardon the seargent for not getting his memo about the red robes.

gallery_49213_4130_71981.jpg

Some closeups can be found here (with updated Sargeant pauldron detailing). You can also find my thought process when putting these together in that development thread.

Edited by EPK

the bone color robes actually adds some extra character to the concecrators.  I only say that because, well the AoV were the first of the successors to have black armor, and they are usually seen with red robes or black robes (as it only stated the inner circle wore black robes).  It wasn't until the end of 6th edition codex that we gained 3 new successor chapters, the concecrators being one of them, and with the Silver armored successor donning red robes, i think most just went with the red robes out of the use of limited color palettes, since their symbol is white and red and they wear red stripes on their helmets.   Being that I have done AoV in the past, the solid black robes of the inner circle often got red under robes or trim to keep the palette more limited.   So I personally think, that using the bone white robes pays respect to the parent chapter, and you did give him red on the inside.   It could also be interesting to use the bone color robes for the inner circle keeping red robes for those who are not members.  Just an idea, as I am doing that for my AoV, those who are not of the inner circle wear red robes, those who are part of the inner circle will get the black satin robes.    So inner circle is pretty much all death wing members, librarians, Company masters, and interrogator chaplains, and upper command, everyone else (ravenwing included) are not members of the inner circle.   

• 3 weeks later...
I thought this thread disappeared! If I can figure out how to freehand the chapter emblem decently, I should hope to load some tactical and TDA marines from my Disciples of Caliban. Though they're nowhere near as beautiful as most of the other submissions.

Great idea to showcase people's sucessors. 

Here is my Consecrator tactical sqaud. Pardon the seargent for not getting his memo about the red robes. 

Your Consecrators are amazing man! Cream robes are always a plus.

I thought this thread disappeared! If I can figure out how to freehand the chapter emblem decently, I should hope to load some tactical and TDA marines from my Disciples of Caliban. Though they're nowhere near as beautiful as most of the other submissions.

I sure hope it doesn't disappear so fast. You can always post your guys without badge and update your picture when you finish them. The link to the post stays the same regardless.

• 1 month later...

Hope its ok to bump with a few pics

Nakir Chapter Master of the Consecrators

33807760014_b6c2e472af_o.jpg

Chaplain Arius the Immortal

34650473505_cdd2b58da5_o.jpg

Contemptor Lucan

34609612056_66f48ebb13_o.jpg

Venerable Dreadnought Azraus

34609623136_20cfef5c0d_c.jpg

Tactical Squad 1

34609627646_136db5c55a_c.jpg

Tactical Squad 1 continued

33840780473_1723fa8137_c.jpg

I feel like I copied GRC's background, but it works rather well with the black on these guys as I hate the plainess of a white background, hope that was ok GRC.

Yes! I was wondering when you would flesh out the Consecrators, your magnificent models are a worthy addition! 

I agree with the background, white or black messed up my photo's, but the lining of the codex works perfectly for black models.

• 1 month later...

I thought that the whole Photobucker-debacle would have messed up this thread, but for some reason only my pictures were affected. You are all smart people for not using Photobucket. At least it made me use the B&C-gallery, which should be a huge improvement. I'm not trusting photobucket again after they've taken my photo's for ransom.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm very flattered that GRC asked me to contribute my AoV to this thread so 

HQ's

Company master Jaxos in his many guises,

http://i.imgur.com/e5FtJRz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/e3yPILf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S8NBre2.jpg

Company Chaplain Heroditus,

http://i.imgur.com/SsxyfOT.jpg

And Command Rhino Renown,

http://i.imgur.com/ptGbay3.jpg

Will try to get some troops posted up in the next day or so....

Another fantastic addition to the collection, I'm flattered you accepted my request! 

We're slowly but steadily filling up most of the Chapters, keep the pictures coming guys! Just see this thread as a 'Show me your DA Successors', like the dreadnought-thread in the Forge. No need to be reluctant to post :biggrin.:  MAybe I should change the title of the thread...

Seems you dont have any AoV Troops yet, I hope that these will suffice...

Tactical Squad 4 of 3 coy.

http://i.imgur.com/xFsE1Va.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/01zVCv0.jpg

And squad 4 10 coy.

http://i.imgur.com/m8KdpXO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f0P4Syu.jpg