Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can KDK be competative under 1500 points?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Journeyman

Journeyman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
  • Chapter Name: CF Declates Crusade
I have been building a bloodhost and find that my Slaughtercult is around 1000pts
Lord & juggernaut
Bezerkers & rhino × 3
Possessed
Culitists x 2

My gore pack is about 320pts:
Bikers 3 off x2
Flesh hounds 5 off x2

War engine about 110:
Helbrute

My query is does anyone play small (1000-1500pts) games and fare well with KDK?

I have a Brazen Host at just over 800pts and some bloodletters and two more Helbrute but this would mean huge games which I dont have the time for.
Angels Sanguine we seek blood for the blood ......... uhm god emperor?

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,177 posts

1500 points is average sized game. They do great there. I know that can do good at 1k points but the idea is you want lots of models to survive the shooting. If you make it into melee you should win, but I would probably just rather run CAD with juggerlord + axe and cultists then a gorepack or 2.

• Journeyman likes this

HeresyBeliever

HeresyBeliever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 166 posts

1500 points is a great level for KDK. 

My amendments to you list would be:

Lord & juggernaut
Bezerkers & rhino × 1
Possessed & rhino x1
Bloodletters x 1

Gore pack 
Bikers 3 off x2
Flesh hounds 5 off x3

About 400 Points left over for a Bloodthirster / other war engines (mauler, Forge or soul Grinder) 

Bezerkers are cool but they cost so much in a 1500 point level 

The Dice Gods always win. And Khorne always wins because there is always blood when there is war.  

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,177 posts

Heresy is right but I disagree about the hounds, I prefer 1 big unit to hide lord in vs 3 msu for scoring. That unit is going to take lots of shots because the lord is your main DPS, he must be protected at all costs.

Journeyman

Journeyman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Recently read that Chaos Spawn are a great little force to through into KDK.

Apparently minimal cost, fast and furious.

Has anyone used them in a KDK and how do they pan out?

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,511 posts

They're always in my lists. Basically people can't ignore them, but they are also a low priority for them to kill.

It's really their speed that makes them useful. They can actually keep up with Hounds/juggs/crushers, etc. And ignoring difficult while moving a foot is just a really good tie up unit. They increase in ability a lot with FnP though (through Bloodtithes).

Journeyman

Journeyman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

HeresyBeliever, Yes Bezerkers are $$$$# but they sit well with were my force is at the moment.

You see they heard their primarch's scream which has echoed throughout the ages (and their minds). A long time ago they and their primarch fought blindly for the Emperor but since the fall of both they have heard the scream and are willing to pay the price in order that their commission be fulfilled. They are doomed to act out of self sacrifice on a daily basis, each warrior clad in armour painted with thier red and black colour scheme, hears the scream of their primarch and in anger falls upon those in front of them. <credit to others for the background>.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users