Raptors 3rd and 10th company

MajorNese

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, guys.

The rotated weapons were rather simple - cut down the original mount, make the side the top, and file down the sides so it shoots straight-ish. Looks a lot more practical and closer to the cyclone than the default door frame damager. The terminator helmets could have used a bit more cutting at the back - angling them in there was okay, but they were essentially stuck and couldn't be rotated any more.

Next up are 5 heavy hellblasters, then the current vow is done. Then either Repulsor or Deathstorm, but I'm not sure I can finish either one inbetween my vacations. Might take until August to get one done, but I'll do both. Then I've done enough primaris for a while, and go back to AdMech to add some hovercraft.

That's a Tau DV8's smart missile system, from the fire warrior sprue. Filed down the sides to look more like Astartes tech, filed off the warheads, then filed down the krakstorm pods so they fit together without gap and used them as the new front part. The mount for the box is just spare tech-y parts from the bitz box.

• 3 months later...

While I'm finishing the AoP board, I've already been stocking up on Raptors.

2 squads of autobolt rifles are WiP, and I've built a test model for the Incursors - I've figured they might be useful as cheap unit with Concealed Positions, to just cover area when points are tight.

Since GW decided to delay these guys for several months, I've found a way to use spare Shadowspear Infiltrators, Hellblaster optics (the same as the Incursors'), Reiver arms and boarding upgrade sprue heads. All spare stuff, finding purpose where it wasn't intended.

a4s0a3851c1k9b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yep, the front plate is from a redemptor - there's 2 front plates in each box, it was easy finding a few of them in the local group. Cut down the sides and top, hollowed it out to the point where it fit into the chassis and actually covered the sides. The lower gaps were covered with plasticard.

Thanks. And the canopy wasn't that hard - the front bumper neatly fits the back just by removing the mount pins, making it a lot easier to fit the camo net than just with the two existing rails. Added thin plasticard between the rails to support the net, though the net significantly lost its structure during basecoating.