Raptors 3rd and 10th company

MajorNese

Four games with my thunderhawk tournament confusion list...

-Thunderhawk Gunship, with 7 intercessors, 5 carbine reivers and a primaris captain

-2x5 laz0rbacks with 5 tacs (flamer)

-regular captain

-tarantula sentry guns

-thunderfire cannon

aimg_3747itu51.jpg

aimg_3749ayucx.jpg

In the end, placed 4th out of 8. Not bad, considering my previous experience with (even local) tournaments, where just WAAC gamers fielded cheese lists of unpainted (and partially built) army of the day. This was a pleasant one in contrast, which I'll visit next time. Maybe not with such a confusing list, and I definitely need to step up the Mortal Wounds game. 2 out of 3 armies threw around MW like candy, that wasn't exactly healthy...

Edited by MajorNese

Man, that is an amazing army! I can't believe you had such a hard time even if you fielded a Thunderhawk! It looks like the Primaris worked out well most of the time - I'm looking to try them out too so actual feedback on their performance on the battlefield is always welcomed.

Are the rumors true - did the Thunderfire canon performed poorly in comparison to 7th?

I love the way your sandbags look on your razorbacks. Did you buy those or make those? Right now I only have a single Rhino chassis that I use for rhino/razorback/predator depending on what I want to take. I think once I get a few more and can have a dedicated chassis for each vehicle I'm going to do something like that. I think it looks really slick. I love the extra bag/pouch bits you've added all around it as well. I think it makes the vehicles look a lot better and more lifelike.

Man, that is an amazing army! I can't believe you had such a hard time even if you fielded a Thunderhawk! It looks like the Primaris worked out well most of the time - I'm looking to try them out too so actual feedback on their performance on the battlefield is always welcomed.

Are the rumors true - did the Thunderfire canon performed poorly in comparison to 7th?

The primaris were useful and fairly resilient, with every multi-damage weapon shooting at my vehicles instead. The offensive output was a bit weak, S4 and AP-1 or AP0 is just not reliable against anything but guardsmen. The TFC was bad before the codex, but better now. Got cheaper, AP-1 instead of AP0, and the gunner is a multi talent...repairing the cannon/nearby vehicles, flamering/plasmaing while firing the cannon, and even get something done in CC.

I love the way your sandbags look on your razorbacks. Did you buy those or make those? Right now I only have a single Rhino chassis that I use for rhino/razorback/predator depending on what I want to take. I think once I get a few more and can have a dedicated chassis for each vehicle I'm going to do something like that. I think it looks really slick. I love the extra bag/pouch bits you've added all around it as well. I think it makes the vehicles look a lot better and more lifelike.

Thanks, the sandbags are just modeled from milliput (like greenstuff, but cheaper and harder), that way I can make them fit any vehicle, or do entire walls of them. Each individual bag might look a bit weird, but the overall result is okay.

I love all of the pouches and bits you added onto it. Are those part of the kit or did you make them? I also admire the fact that in 30,000 years they still have the same type of fire extinguishers that we use in our current modern day. If the STC isn't broke don't fix it, eh?

I love all of the pouches and bits you added onto it. Are those part of the kit or did you make them?

Made everything myself, didn't touch the bitz that came with the kit (to make more of those). Sandbags are milliput, pouches&gear casted resin, and the straps are 0,5mm plasticard strips.

I use silicon molds. A lot more effort to make them than blue stuff, but usable for quite a while longer. Either one-sided molds (for bitz and logos) or two-sided, but still in one part (bolters, heads, torsos, legs etc.). I intended to make a tutorial, but haven't come to collect all informations.

As a side-note, crappy pics from the current WiP barricades (count-as Aegis when other 2 parts done). Just massive resin and milliput, enough weight to be used as impromptu weapons against local powergamers... :happy.:

whatsappimage2017-10gls35.jpeg

whatsappimage2017-1067sm3.jpeg

Edited by MajorNese

A few additions, before binge painting terrain for AoP:

My Inceptors got done. Had those around basecoated since the Dark Imperium release, now wanted to get them off the list. Replaced the gravis helmets with beakies, casted logos onto shoulders and top armour.

aimg_3764w1k83.jpg

Also, a new terminator captain, whose wargear was most definitely *cough* not looted from a certain other chapter that is notorious from doing exactly that.

aimg_37651ij3q.jpg

I like the beakies. Did they fit OK or did you have to file them down at all?

I slightly rounded the tip of the beak, and cut off the entire neck part. That way they can still be forced through the gap after assembly, and fit while slightly turning the head.