Conversion World's Red Angels Parts

Joe

Got the stuff I ordered today. Very awesome details and the freebie that was included REALLY tempted me to use in the kitbash challenge instead of the bit i originally planned to use.

Just one thing....damn is the plastic soft! I can bend the sword easily with barely any pressure so I kinda expect it to snap instantly as soon as the completed model falls from some height. :sad.: 

http://i.imgur.com/xxkCnXLm.jpg

(the pic isn't showing it really well but I didn't want to overdo it)

I just cant find any listings on Ebay :/ - empty store

"For all the people who might want to buy some of our bitz in the meantime, please use our ebay accounts. I did set up different ebay accounts for different countries. (It´s easier this way to handle legal requirements.) With those accounts we do sell to Germany, the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia. Please check my signature for links and further infos."

Hello and thank you very much for your feedback.

To be honest, it really seems the sword you show is a little softer than usual, so if you should wish for a replacement, just tell me so.

But then again i would like to mention that i gave the right mix of stiffness to flexibility some thought and i decided to go with a blend of resin providing somewhat more flexible models rather that completely stiff ones. This for exactly to reason you mentioned, to prevent breaking. Belive me that you could let the sword fall from 1-2m height and it wouldn´t break and therefor in my opinion the usual risk tabletop models face is prevented best.

Hello and thank you very much for your feedback.

To be honest, it really seems the sword you show is a little softer than usual, so if you should wish for a replacement, just tell me so.

But then again i would like to mention that i gave the right mix of stiffness to flexibility some thought and i decided to go with a blend of resin providing somewhat more flexible models rather that completely stiff ones. This for exactly to reason you mentioned, to prevent breaking. Belive me that you could let the sword fall from 1-2m height and it wouldn´t break and therefor in my opinion the usual risk tabletop models face is prevented best.

It's fine, I'll see how well it works with that level of softness  for now. Thanks for the quick response (and again damn you for that way too tempting freebie! :D ).

Conversion World, those are some great conversion bitz you have there and I really like your prices. I was wondering what I was going to use for my custom Sanguinor's sword ... now I know!

I love those gladii too ... wish I knew about them before I tried making my own for my scouts.

I got my axe, maul and chainsword through the mail today. Really great quality, one slight mold line on the maul and the axe blade being ever so slightly off centre are the worst I can say, wish that were the case for every resin thing I've ever bought! Would compare the casting quality with Anvil (which is high praise).

Just one thing....damn is the plastic soft! I can bend the sword easily with barely any pressure so I kinda expect it to snap instantly as soon as the completed model falls from some height. :sad.: 

The important thing to note is that it's not plastic, it's resin, so it is more frail and flexible. How often are you causing models to fall from a great height? I'd say that's the problem rather than the material of the bits. Plus plastic can also snap from a fall.

I got my axe, maul and chainsword through the mail today. Really great quality, one slight mold line on the maul and the axe blade being ever so slightly off centre are the worst I can say, wish that were the case for every resin thing I've ever bought! Would compare the casting quality with Anvil (which is high praise).

The important thing to note is that it's not plastic, it's resin, so it is more frail and flexible. How often are you causing models to fall from a great height? I'd say that's the problem rather than the material of the bits. Plus plastic can also snap from a fall.

Resin is some form of plastic as well. Plastic is a VERY broad term. :wink:

Never said plastic won't snap from fall and it certainly doesn't happens on a daily basis or anything but it does happen from time to time and while the softness may prevent from snapping if it's just the bit, it's a whole different topic when the weight of the rest of the model is on it as well.

Thank you very much for your post and for letting me know your order arrived.

Very happy to hear you like the quality of my bitz.

I will. :wink:

Since i am writing:

I am thinking about adding some customer pics to the webshop i am working on. So, if any of you guys should have some pictures of your miniatures featuring some of my bitz, and if you would like to see them used in my webshop soon to come, fell free to pm me. (I would add a reference to every pic of course, letting people know whose miniature is depicted and could link to forum threads or such for example.) I am happy for every pic i get.

Best regards,

Christian for Conversin World

Has anyone got the axe in the picture below? If so, I would very much like to see a size comparison with the Sanguinary Gaurd winged power axe (also pictured). I'm thinking of using the former as a substitute for the latter.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wOYAAOSw6DtYXmHb/s-l500.jpg

http://www.forbiddengaming.co.uk/ekmps/shops/ce9f1d/images/sanguinary-guard-glaive-encarmine-axe-2641-p.jpg

P.S. Christian, I will certainly send a pic once I get my bits and add them to a model!

Will the prices be the same on your webstore? Right now it looks to be a fantastic price for what you get. I want to order a bunch of stuff, but don't really have anything particular to use any if it for so I've been stalling... Also want to see some pics of the weapons on some minis if anyone has done that yet! The weapons look so great I'm worried about messing them up when I remove the great looking handles they come with to place them on the less than great chainsword handle hands I have left over...

@ LutherMax

Thank you very much.

I don´t have the Sanguinary Gaurd winged power axe aroud, but mybe this size comparion to an older GW axe might help you... (I know the pic shows my Basic Energy Axe Ver.1 and not Ver. 2, but they are identical in size) Apart from that, i would say that my Axe is a little smaller around the axe head and the hilt is shorter...

Archived