Cobalt Angels WIP

Fezifresh

Greetings Brothers,

I've been playing and collecting for only about one and a half years. Since the atmosphere on this subforum is really positive, I wanted to share some updates on my Successor-Chapter.

My colour-scheme might be quite heretic for some, so I hope you accept my in your halls :)

I plan on sharing the history of my chapter too, but thats a WIP aswell, so it will come bit by bit.

For the Lion!!!

It might be heresy, but that is some fine looking heresy you've got there! Really digging the colour scheme. But I will echo the others, the robe and weapon casings could use a little more colour. Something to make them stand out a bit. Terrific work though, I'm looking forward to more!

Thanks for the responses :)

I was a little nervous about your thoughts on the blue. I'm glad you like it.

I'm a little undecided on the kneepads, company markings and squad markings. Also my freehanding isn't very good and I'm afraid to ruin the paintjob :-/

Thanks for the responses :smile.:

I was a little nervous about your thoughts on the blue. I'm glad you like it.

I'm a little undecided on the kneepads, company markings and squad markings. Also my freehanding isn't very good and I'm afraid to ruin the paintjob :-/

There's never a reason to be nervous about creative work. We have an open mind in the B&C :smile.:

Leave the kneepads and markings for later when you feel confident, your models aren't running away just yet. Who knows, you might come across transfers you like.

I echo some of the comments above, your bone accent on the weapons make a huge difference. The launchers on the left look more appealing than the black one on the right. a bone (or another colour) trim/casing on your weapons might benefit your models. The boltpistol is particulary hard to spot, which is a shame for such a great pose.

Looking much better with the bone accents. Lets see more!

As GRC said, don't ever feel intimidated posting on here. A lot of us were in the same boat at first, but it's very rewarding getting your pics up. Not everyone likes everything, but you will always receive support and advice. Keep it up!

Thank you for the encouraging responses :)

The bone accents on the Devastators are really helping the weapons pop. Perhaps a slash mark on the Bolters of the Tactical squad will help them out.

Thanks for the advice :)
I'm in the progress of giving the final touch to the models I painted during the last year. I will definitly try to highlight the black weapons a little more.

i have to ask, how did you get such a fine line of black around the white on the eye lenses?

It's actually not a black line, but very dark shaded blue from the power-armour paint.

I reckon bone on your tactical squad weapons would look good, blue and bone is a great combo in my opinion. How are you doing the blue?

The blue is from a Ultramarine painting guide:

Basecoat: Macgragge Blue
Shade: Drakenhof Nightshade
Layer: Altdorf Guard Blue
Edge Highlight: Calgar Blue
Finish: Guilliman Blue Glaze

A little Background for the Cobalt Angels:

The Chapter of the Cobalt Angels is one of 18 Chapters composing the Astrates Praeses.
The Dark Angels were eager to be involved in the founding, because this allowed them to keep a watch close to the Eye of Terror and possible Fallen activities there.

Their speical role led to a different organisation than most of the other chapters:
- no companys, but three bigger Strike Forces (around 300 Marines)

- big parts of the chapter are aware of inner-circle-knowlege

- 3 major Orders: Cobalt-Angels (Greenwing), Executioners (Deathwing), Hunters (Ravenwing)

- Strikeforces comprise of all three Orders

And Assault Squad Nihil

gallery_87474_12747_377671.jpg

gallery_87474_12747_504883.jpg