Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wolflord Cataphractii Terminator Conversion (Update 3)

Space Wolves Wolflord Conversion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Graymane

Graymane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vylka Fenrika

Greetings Brothers,

As some of you know, I recently started the long journey of building my wolf army. Following a few test models I thought where else to start in earnest than with a suitable lord and master for this great company. 

Over Christmas, I was lucky enough to receive the 30k Terminator Captain and chaplain from my better half and though I'd have a go at converting up something interesting using the terminator.

I started off with this:

med_gallery_87416_12748_247558.jpg

But was not entirely convinced on the weaponry load-out and some more observant members pointed out that the flow of the model was off.

So I changed the weaponry and head, greenstuffed some wolf pelt over the strapping and added a couple of wolf bits.

I also realised that a Space Wolf Dreadnought crotch-wolf would fit almost perfectly over the shoulders of the terminator. So I press-moulded one in grey-stuff (It's more pliable) and tried it for size...

med_gallery_87416_12748_130417.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_730637.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_1012169.jpg

As you can see, once I popped the mould the size was slightly off and unfortunately lost the fangs from the head. So I glued the parts in place and set about filling gaps with some greenstuff. Here it is base coated.(Please forgive the crappy picture quality)  ....

med_gallery_87416_12748_953317.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_988869.jpg

And here is an additional pic next a normal PA marine for scale. I think he looks suitably bulky (and again sorry for the terrible pic quality)

med_gallery_87416_12748_756339.jpg

Anyway, that's him so far. I hope you like him! Any comments and feedback welcome! smile.png

Oh and a name! He needs a name! Thinking possibly 'Haakon Greymane' as my battlefield namesake. biggrin.png

Cheers for now!

GM

Edited by Graymane, 19 January 2017 - 10:16 PM.

• Brother Arkley and Runefyre like this

''The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing' - Herger the Joyous

''Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold'' - Buliwyf

sml_gallery_79710_12195_14764.pngsml_gallery_79710_12195_2101.jpg

Formerly known as Argentius.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
  • Chapter Name: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Lord Commander Eidolon

Lord Commander Eidolon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 399 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Children Legion

Oh yeah! Nice work! The revision is in a totally different league!! Looking forward to seeing what comes next!!

"Only by Imperfection can we fail...''

Fulgrim, the Phoenician, the Illuminator, the Prefector of Chemos

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpg

http://www.bolterand...rds-perfection/

Gawain Veteris

Gawain Veteris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legiones Astartes
Love it. Simple changes which makes the wolf lord ooze with character! I look forward to seeing more.

gallery_42599_12746_13589.jpg

gallery_42599_12746_19327.jpg

Graymane

Graymane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

Only a mini update so far. smile.png

I have started painting the armour and have edited the build slightly again (pics to follow soon as i can take some).

However I have managed to get the head done...

med_gallery_87416_12748_1692877.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_749312.jpg

Hopefully it will look ok in place! biggrin.png

• Wolf_Pack likes this

''The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing' - Herger the Joyous

dantay_xv

dantay_xv

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,697 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves

Looks great.

ETL 1v2

Graymane

Graymane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

Greetings Brothers, Sisters and assorted humanoids,

So, update 3. Here are some pics of him painted so far. Basic colouring with much more inking, highlighting etc needed before hes done.

I have also added some fur sections, which i think add some movement and a degree of bulk (The more eagle eyed amongst you might recognise them from the Chaos Marauder horsemen box, with a little additional green stuff). And just because i can, a storm-shield slung across his back adds a degree of viking bad-assery.

med_gallery_87416_12748_498313.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_92546.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_426514.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_598809.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_944323.jpg

med_gallery_87416_12748_543276.jpg

So far he appears to be coming along ok. One sneaky fix i am rather pleased with is that when i fitted the head the gap for the neck became painfully obvious...

med_gallery_87416_12748_1666829.jpg

and so....

med_gallery_87416_12748_675062.jpg

the addition of one swiftly snipped plat later....

med_gallery_87416_12748_543276.jpg

Win.

Right. Time do do some highlights and paint some weapons. Hope you like him so far! biggrin.png

• Aasfresser likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
  • Chapter Name: Catachan Wolves
Well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Vykryl

Vykryl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
Looking good. Much more savage and everything is blowing the same direction ;)

Edited by Vykryl, Yesterday, 04:07 AM.

satali.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Space Wolves, Wolflord, Conversion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users