General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Majority rules. The Jade General will never meet his brothers, Magnus and Russ. The General will be found in 974 as he was originally, while Magnus and Russ will have died in 970. That gives Magnus about a year to travel and three years of research before he fails, unleashing the Doom of Prospero.

Bonds Stronger Than Blood (Rite of War)

Allied Detachment is always considered Sworn Brothers

Sworn Brothers may be transported by allied forces transport vehicles.

A allied Character with the Independent Character special rule may roll against a Warlord trait table and gain the effects of that special rule (or recieve the benefit of their unique Warlord Trait if they have one).

Only available to a Primary Detachment

No Agents or Primarchs are allowed by either Detachment

Must take an allied Legiones Astartes Detachment

Got bored at work and wondered how to create non typical legion bromances for generics. Essentially trade the ability to customise legion forces by having allies do ally things. Allies can still RoW, so there is difference there.

Any major rules violations or obscene combinations caused by this?

Edited by Hesh Kadesh

Been almost a year since I've done this. 

The Bell Tolls

The Missing

Hesh Kadesh

Big Bad Squig

Drakzilla

The Lost

Depthcharge

Apothecary Meros

Praefectus Invictus

Sete

Generalripphook

Athrawes

foamy248

AO108

Hesh has returned to us while foamy has moved onto the WoL project. Meanwhile Athrawes and AO are perhaps the only ones who have officially retired without simply disappearing on us. Squig has returned to Missing status and is only a month away from Lost status. Likewise, Drak is nearing Lost status, along with RikuEro. I've sent PMs to both. Am I missing anyone else?

EDIT: And Meros is back! Yay!

Edited by simison

• 2 weeks later...

With AO's resignation, a void is left to be filled...

Meros of Mexicatii, kneel.

*pauses*

Meros of Mexicatii of Bolter and Chainsword, as Project Leader and Master of the Brotherhood of the Lost, I now raise you from Auxiliary to Legionary. 

Henceforth, mastery of the XIIIth passes from the hands of AlphariusOmegon108 to yours, asking only that you respect what has come from before. From this day onward, the Eagle Warriors will continue on under your creative vision. 

Now, arise, Meros of Mexicatii, Master of the XIIIth.

Ad astra!

Edited by simison

Congratulations, brothers! :D

May your Legions thrive and prosper until they'll both fall entirely to madness.

But until then:

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

*Rises dramatically*

Thank you all so very much indeed for this opportunity, and for the trust everyone has in me to be able to succeed in this endeavour. Though I came and left a long time ago, I'm elated to say that this time I'll be sticking around, trying to keep myself up to date and on board with our current targets and ambitions.

While I will do my utmost to preserve what foundations AlphariusOmegon108 has made, I'm looking forward to expanding the legion with my own ideas and concepts to truly make these adorably genocidal superhumans feel whole, leaving no stone left unturned, and no subtitle on their wikipedia page left without obscene amounts of fluff.

I suppose now the first order of business is getting my signature sorted out with a fancy BotL banner.

• 4 weeks later...

Today is the official third anniversary of Brotherhood of the Lost!

This third year may have seen the most changes to this project. People have vanished and joined. I believe this is the year that we decided to switch to the new mini-book format. This is also the year that we've created our own Patreon page, and all of the highs and lows associated with that. Real life has proven to be the all-encompassing factor that determines our progress as we've had members gain and lose jobs, along with the other complexities of life.

Yet, we are undeniably getting somewhere. No longer do we have to worry about replacing Legions. We have our Eighteen from now, until the stars grow cold. With our roster solidified, we are now delving deeper and deeper with the legions as we slowly fill in the details of our universe. The Monthly Challenge, despite a hiccup or two, has proven to be a permanent addition to the project.

Last time, I said our two biggest objectives were to complete Expansion's Alpha Phase and produce the Preview. Well, the mini-book format has played havoc with the first objective, but we can confidently state that the second trilogy's Alpha Phase is well in hand. More importantly, we did successfully produce the Preview. Out of all of the AU projects out there, we alone can boast to publishing something real and tangible. 

Not to mention the fact that we have our own theme song!

And I want to build off that success. My two new objectives for this next year is to see the completion of Insurrection's Beta & Delta Phases, along with finishing 2A's Alpha Phase. 

I hope to see many of you to continue this journey with BotL for this next year and beyond!

Ad Astra!

Well said!

I'm so proud of this project that I started to tell my family and friends about it. (have to mention that I'm the only Warhammer interested one of them all)

I even presented the preview with pride and earned a throughout positive feedback

I honestly can't wait for the coming Warhammer Fest until I can present or just talk about this magnificent project!

My personal goal for the next year will be to focus and getting some serious stuff done. The Predators are far from bring finished and the canon universe will not know by what it will be hit.

What more to say than:

Glory to the BotL! Thank all of you for being you and thus, this great team!

Ad Astra!!

Edited by Kelborn

We have accomplished much these past three years, and only more and greater achievements await in our future! We have come farther than any Alternate Heresy project before us and I am justly proud of everything we've built together, but more importantly I am proud of all of you. I am proud to be a part of this fellowship and even more so to be able to call you all my brothers (yes, even you Mikhal, Raktra), so thank you all for letting me into this wonderful project and even better Brotherhood!

Here's to another 3 years of success, glory and fellowship, Ad Astra!

Had an idea:

​Vulgat Combat Servitor

The widespread use of accelerated implantation by the Legions, first among the Insurrectionists during their preparations for war and then on both sides as the conflict developed, led to a horrific failure rate in their aspirants. From the earliest days of the Space Marines such unfortunates had been converted into servitors. Now, with the bounty of raw materials now available to the magos and techmarines who oversaw such procedures, distinct patterns of combat servitor emerged, designed to exploit the gene-wrought power of the Astartes. 

They most likely have doctrinal reasons against it. Also, I was under the impression that geneseed rejection meant that the full transformation never occurred.

It kinda just feels like all this would result in is a heavier variant of combat servitor.

Edited by Beren