Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General Discussion Secundus

BotL

• Please log in to reply
3165 replies to this topic

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

I'm very fond of your elites pics - how much might one of those be?

Not sure what you mean by 'elites pics'? Presumably stuff I've done before?

I believe Blunt is referring to the drawings you did of Legion Command Squads, Legion Specific Units, Mortal Auxilia etc.
http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/https://mechanicusth...Video_Game_Wiki - Under Construction wiki to compile in game information about Mechanicus.<p>

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,933 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Precisely. Hypothetically, I dig the idea of having one for each Legion.
  • Lord Thørn likes this

Iron Hands Fanatic

Iron Hands Fanatic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,187 posts
  • Faction: Xth Legion

That's fair enough and reasonable. smile.png

Do you have a discord account? We got our own server, which would make communicating way easier. smile.png

That reminds me, I actually need to make a new Discord account to use with my upcoming Patreon, so I'll probably set that up early next week and hit you up - but that sounds like a great idea

I'm very fond of your elites pics - how much might one of those be?

Not sure what you mean by 'elites pics'? Presumably stuff I've done before?

I believe Blunt is referring to the drawings you did of Legion Command Squads, Legion Specific Units, Mortal Auxilia etc.

Precisely. Hypothetically, I dig the idea of having one for each Legion.

Ah, I get ya - that's the sort of stuff I'll need to do a couple of pieces of independently (probably as sample art for my Patreon) to help figure out pricing regarding the actual time each piece'll take. I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get on with that though, so it might be a little while before I can give you a firm idea - I'd definitely be interested in something like that though!

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,933 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Cool :)

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,784 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Spurred on by the recent Battlefleet Gothic trailer, does anyone want to claim to have met Trazyn? From what I understand of his lore, he is active during 30k, and, while he'd have to keep his appearance fairly limited, it is a way to give the Xenos factions more spotlight. 

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,329 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators
Hm... I'm not that familiar with Necron lore. Trazyn is the magpie guy, right?

Would it be worth it to implement him in the Preds' quest of finding a way to get rid of Chaos?

Or is he rather a "regular" enemy type for "just" a battle?
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,668 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
How about: trazyn can give andezo the answers he seeks but wants half if his legion as payment^^

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,784 posts

Hm... I'm not that familiar with Necron lore. Trazyn is the magpie guy, right?

Would it be worth it to implement him in the Preds' quest of finding a way to get rid of Chaos?

Or is he rather a "regular" enemy type for "just" a battle?

Correct, he is the collector.

I was picturing him just getting an extended cameo. Wasn't even considering a proper battle since I don't want the Necrons to be too prominent. Though, I'm not settled on that restriction either.

All that said, he really doesn't care about Chaos one way or another. So, he'd be a poor choice for that on-going arc. 

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,329 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators
Good to know. Then, he'd be a mere cameo if I'd make use of him and not that of importance for me. :)
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

Lord Thørn

Lord Thørn

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,241 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Perhaps he could first appear disguised as a Cult Mechanicum Techpriest?

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,784 posts

How would that even work? Don't most Tech-priests have some flesh left? Could he mimic Mechanicum tech?

Lord Thørn

Lord Thørn

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,241 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

How would that even work? Don't most Tech-priests have some flesh left? Could he mimic Mechanicum tech?

With massive red robes it would work, but only because no imperial knows what a Necron is yet - throw Eldar shaped spanner in works and you could have a fun little story

SanguiniusReborn

SanguiniusReborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,115 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion

With massive red robes it would work, but only because no imperial knows what a Necron is yet - throw Eldar shaped spanner in works and you could have a fun little story
Or he could simply do as most Necron Lords do in such situations, appear via proxy through the use of Mindshackle Scarabs, no need to disguise yourself as a Cognoggin when you can simply hotwire one and go for a ride. He can then drop hints in conversation as to his true identity that someone in-universe would be oblivious too but an omnipotent reader like ourselves would understand, perhaps mentioning a collection, the lights on his augments momentarily flickering an eerie green, etc, whatever's appropriate for the situation.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn, 05 December 2018 - 12:23 PM.

• Lord Thørn likes this

gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,800 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran
“Cognoggin” is my new favourite thing.

"I may be but small, but I will die a colossus."

Brotherhood of the Lost: The Berserkers of Uran:
http://www.bolterand...ceral-boogaloo/

gallery_92945_11930_20871.png

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts
A brief idea:

A Unification Wars veteran finds a tech-priest wandering his Primarch's halls looking for a specimen for his collection. Suspicious, the veteran stabs the tech-priest, only for mindshackle scarabs to come scuttling out of its mouth. After destroying the scarabs, the Veteran is only able to make a brief report on the incident befire disappearing.
http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/https://mechanicusth...Video_Game_Wiki - Under Construction wiki to compile in game information about Mechanicus.<p>

SanguiniusReborn

SanguiniusReborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,115 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion

“Cognoggin” is my new favourite thing.

Thank you brother, it's a charming little term I picked up years ago from a nifty little 40k webcomic based on the author's Dark Heresy games called "Verloren Hoop", it was coined by one of the party's two Cognoggins, a excuberant, foul-mouthed former middle-Hiver named Triella Wheeljack.

Aha! Found the original panel: https://www.devianta...op-36-152298912
  • Lord Thørn likes this

gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BotL

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users