Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General Discussion Secundus

BotL

• Please log in to reply
3222 replies to this topic

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 406 posts
The 6th/Iron Bears.

Edited by Beren, 07 January 2019 - 05:38 PM.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,712 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light

!!! KelboooooooooornnI have your head

So, some edits have been made for the facts. Almost all of Simison's critiques have been taken into account and the issue with fact 35 has been rendered moot. The fact for Sedna has been removed to make space for the full Pariah series and will instead be used to kickstart the facts for the early Great Crusade. The Wardens of Light battle upon Lysithea has been removed (sorry Mikhal), albeit not lorewise, to make space for the 20th's taking of the Anankarian (Ananke) group.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 406 posts

Just to have all the facts in one place, here is my suggested order

Spoiler

Editing in progress.

This round of edits:
Added a reference to the 6th's physical size in fact 6.

Fact 24, The 1st given a role in in the Mehr Yasht campaign, in part to dilute the presence of the 16th and in part to set up their role in the Ghost Crusade. Since there a degree of separation between the First and the other Legions in the campaign, the Drowned's book fluff is still correct.

Fact 22 had overlap, so we brought back Sedna and I renumbered the facts accordingly.

Edited by Beren, 09 February 2019 - 06:36 AM.

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,817 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran
Fact 22 has “blood” pop up four times in quick succession. It might just be me but it verges on being meme-y, maybe tweak it?

"I may be but small, but I will die a colossus."

Brotherhood of the Lost: The Berserkers of Uran:
http://www.bolterand...ceral-boogaloo/

gallery_92945_11930_20871.png

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 406 posts
I'll definetely swap out blooding.

Done.

Two of the other's are the name, the third is in refrence to that, so I think the others should be okay?

Edited by Beren, 09 February 2019 - 06:37 AM.

• Raktra likes this

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,913 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Agreed. There's not much that can be done there.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 406 posts
Working on the first 20 of the next Facts Batch. Currently I don't really have facts for the Morningstars, Shepherds of Eden or what will become the Warriors of Peace. The rest are subject to change upon feedback.

Spoiler

For the other half, we could do Early GC Legion relations (rivalries and kinships) as well as stuff about other factions and notable events/locations.

Edited by Beren, 13 February 2019 - 04:41 PM.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,317 posts
  • Faction: The Iron Bears of Daer'dd.
On fact 6: The Wolves are actually already attached to the VIth shortly after Terra; As they were too small a force at that time.

Maybe denote that's when the rivalry started; or just have the wounds taken at Oberon lead to the first widespread use augmentations, cybernetics, and mass Dreadnought internment.
gallery_68351_7580_48424.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,481 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators

Nice one, only one thing. Ebon Blades is the name of one of the XXth many indipendent fleets.

There's no official cognomen in place for the entire Legion back then.

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

SanguiniusReborn

SanguiniusReborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,143 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
(sigh) It's the Silent Chorus, not Choir...

gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 406 posts
Amendments made.

LurkerInTheLight

LurkerInTheLight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Hi, I'm Lurkerinthelight :~) I've been reading through over the last few weeks and this is amazing! Actually made an account to post in here because of this, and wonder how i can get involved, I love the Crimson Lions and the Drowned colour scheme is beautiful, while the Wardens of Light's artwork is ultra impressive, Sun Ce was one of my favourite characters in Dynasty Warriors 3 back in the day. I've collected Warhammer 40000 in my youth, and had a short foray into the Heresy when it first came out, but didn't like how little you could go to create your own chapter, or legion or whatever. I guess you don't need any more legions but would otherwise love to contribute if i can :)

• simison, Sigismund229 and Beren like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,481 posts

Greetings, Lurker!

Thank you for your kind words and feedback (and of course participation) is more than welcome. We're especially honored as you signed in just to contact us. :)

Griff already sent you a pm with our discord link.

There's plenty of stuff going on, with which you could join: blackshields, mortal regiments, Knight Households, Forgeworlds, whatsoever.

We're eager to chat with you.

Cheers

Kel

• Sigismund229 likes this
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,712 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Heyhey. Welcome to the dark brotherhood. As kel mentioned, there are a lot of ways to contribute. U could take over an exemplary fleet which will later become an order for example.

Looking forward to chat with you about your ideas.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,817 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran

I love the Crimson Lions

TRIGGERED.
  • Kelborn and Sigismund229 like this

"I may be but small, but I will die a colossus."

Brotherhood of the Lost: The Berserkers of Uran:
http://www.bolterand...ceral-boogaloo/

gallery_92945_11930_20871.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,073 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

I am trying to get approval for a Loyalist, Wu-themed WoP force, but generally we've got scope for successors, Titan Legios, Knight Houses, regiments etc.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,913 posts

Hi, I'm Lurkerinthelight :~) I've been reading through over the last few weeks and this is amazing! Actually made an account to post in here because of this, and wonder how i can get involved, I love the Crimson Lions and the Drowned colour scheme is beautiful, while the Wardens of Light's artwork is ultra impressive, Sun Ce was one of my favourite characters in Dynasty Warriors 3 back in the day. I've collected Warhammer 40000 in my youth, and had a short foray into the Heresy when it first came out, but didn't like how little you could go to create your own chapter, or legion or whatever. I guess you don't need any more legions but would otherwise love to contribute if i can smile.png

Welcome. Everybody has already covered the possibilities, so I'll just say yes, we have room for a new member to leave their own mark on the project.

Nero Arkrig

Nero Arkrig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Greetings everyone, I'm Nero Arkrig, and i'm new in the Brootherhood of  the lost community (aaaaand bolter and chainsword to), I've discovered this amazing fan universe by the One Mind Syndicate youtube channel, somedays ago they posted a video talking about this project and I was amazed by the creativity on this. i actually got an big interest by the Warbringers and the Wardens of Light, their stories and colour schemes are incredible. I've started getting an interest by W40k in the end of 2016 and I have being eating the lore since then, the first fan made ccommunity that I've seen (except the Bolter and Chainsword) was thw Homebrew community on wikia, but i never lost the interest of the lost legions and some months later i've found this community. I hope that I can contribute with this project, that would amazing.

• Lord Thørn, simison, Raktra and 2 others like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,481 posts

Greetings Nero Arkrig,

thank you for your kind words!

Your participation is more than welcome! Just like we had with Lurker, again, we're especially honored as you signed into the great community of BnC and further into our humble brotherhood and dedicated your first post to us. ;)

There are plenty of ways to contribute: blackshields, mortal forces, Knight Households, Forgeworlds, minor forces of certain Legions, whatsoever.

We also got a discord server. Just drop a note if you need an invitation.

Make sure to check out the Warbringers & Wardens of Lights speficif threads and color schemes and if those were the ones you were looking for. Unfortunately, those were a bit mixed up on the video. :)

We're eager to work with you!

Please do not hesitate to ask questions. ;)

Cheers

Kel

• Nero Arkrig likes this

Nero Arkrig

Nero Arkrig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Thank you, Kelborn. I will try my best.

And yes, it would be nice if I could join your discord server.

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,054 posts

Thank you, Kelborn. I will try my best.

And yes, it would be nice if I could join your discord server.

Welcome. Look forwards to talking to you on the discord:
https://discord.gg/f3UGVQm

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpegETL_2018_Medal_02_Oath_Breaker.gif

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,913 posts

The Foundational Tenets of the Librarius Program

• The Warp is no staid weapon to be called with a whim, but wilder than fire and eager to consume.
  • The first duty of a Librarian is to guard oneself, without which leads to utter ruin.
  • Wisdom and discipline are the tools that allow Warpcraft, seek them.

The Lost Tenet

• Knowledge is the path to growing power.

Edited by simison, Yesterday, 10:55 AM.

Lord Thørn

Lord Thørn

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,339 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Second point is missing "a" in front of Librarian, and the second part of the sentence doesn't seem to fit with the first part (in terms of grammatical structure)

You got "tenet" right the first time, but got it wrong the second :P

Otherwise I approve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BotL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users