General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

The Titan-Fire Campaign

Despite his meticulous planning, the Stormlord could not arrange for all to go in his favour. Besides the fabled heroics of the doomed Pyrrhicles, the Legio Suturvora would be another military force removed from his designs. Originally, the Traitors had hoped to stationed the Titan Legio in its entire strength on Mars in preparation for the incoming civil war. The Warmaster would unintentionally foil these plans when he requested a third of Suturvora's strength on his last Great Crusade campaign. 

Not only would they move West far from the Traitors' power base, but the Titan battlegroup would further be divided among the three prongs of the campaign. Upon the Day of Revelation, the Suturvora attempted to flee the Loyalist forces surrounding it and return to Mars to take their rightful place in that war. Raj Ataga would not allow this to occur as he was able to force the Titan battlegroup to remain in the Hekatania system. Unfortunately, with only Knight Houses to counter the god-engines of Mars, Ataga could only blockade them before turning his attention to the mayhem occurring throughout Pacificus.

It fell to Brigadier Myltiadese to maintain the blockade. For years, the two forces attempted to outmaneuver the other. The blockade would only end when Hectarion and Gwalchavad arrived in-system to end this threat...

• 3 weeks later...

To the Frater of the Brotherhood of the Lost,

Three and a half years ago saw the birth of an idea. A conditional scenario that had been fueled by the talented and dedicated hobbyists of the Bolter and Chainsword forum. Two Legions, those military forces closer to living tempests in the form of blood and adamantium, were left unspoken and unpainted by Games Workshop to allow us, the fans, the writers, the artists, to fill in with our own imagination. This opportunity saw the creation of several impressive forays into this open expanse.

But this project went one step further. We looked upon these impressive works, and said, 'What is the next step?' Behold, an entire universe built not on top the ethereal nobility of Sanguinius or the twisted zealotry of Lorgar, but on the sacrifice of a Warmaster, Loyal to the Throne, and the unholy fusion of faith and science in the form of Ixitptatlan. The Primarchs are, without a doubt, the true pillars that Warhammer 30,000 rests upon. Change the character of these pillars, and the results spread from one end of the galaxy to another.

Three and a half years have been spent exploring these new possibilities as we have seen Khorne christen not the half-damaged mind of Angron but the cruel cunning of Raktra. Not a series of ambushes on the black sands of Isstvaan, but one day, an entire day that overthrew an entire galactic order from the void above Kataii to the underwater domains of Untara. We have built this new existence with word, brush, and thought.

We are the dreamers, the builders. Not all who were there on the first day of the project have withstood the unrelenting test of time. We mark our Lost and Forgotten, even as we celebrate our newest members who join us on this journey throughout the stars. Our team is a truly talented crew, who have spent hours, weeks, and years of their lives in fellowship and in work with the Brotherhood of the Lost. We thank each of you for daring to expand the horizons of imagination with us.

Finally, after three and a half years, we will be the first Alternate Universe project to say that it is not enough to think and theorize. It is not enough to paint models and create art. We are and will always be the first to say, 'we have seen what you have wrought Forgeworld and declare we can stand there with you!' We will be the first to release rulebooks, allowing all to enjoy our universe both within the text of a story, but on the battlefields of the tabletop! Nor is this the first and last step. We are just beginning, and we will see this project to its completion, whether it takes a decade or a score! To my brothers and sisters, I salute you!

Ad Astra!

Algrim WhiteFang, kneel.

*pauses*

Algrim WhiteFang of Bolter and Chainsword, as Project Leader and Master of the Brotherhood of the Lost, I now raise you from Auxiliary to Legionary. 

Henceforth, mastery of the XIVth passes from the hands of Big Bad Squigs to yours, asking only that you respect what has come from before. From this day onward, the Dune Serpents will continue on under your creative vision. 

Now, arise, Algrim WhiteFang, Master of the XIVth.

Ad astra!

First draft of Publication Readiness Status

Stories (12k words): 30%

History: 15%

Organization: 15%

Exemplary Battles: 15%

Legiones Astartes: 5%

Unique Wargear: 5%

Unique Units: 5%

Unique Characters: 5%

Primarch: 5%

Second draft

BL Fluff Segment (12k words)

Anthology: 30% 

FW Fluff Segment (10k? words)

History: 15%

Organization: 15%

Exemplary Battles: 15%

Crunch

Legiones Astartes: 5%

Unique Wargear: 5%

Total - 

~~~

Saved a couple of the celebratory messages on our last publication day.

Grifft: I'm imagining simison with a big red button and a pocket watch, counting down the seconds with his hand hovering over the button

Simison: glances up from a big red button

Say what?

Sig: squeals in excitement

Row: Yo you're just going to release it and not make an event of it for the server?

Grifft: The event is simison sleeping soundly for the first time in months

Thorn: Congratulations @everyone this is a seriously great achievement and I'm really proud to be a part of this project thank you especially @simison for the project management - we can probably be a bit of an argumentative bunch, but you've managed to steer us true

Blunt: whoop

Nom: Indeed, thank you Sim for corralling us into some form of productive direction.

Row: I hear he's up for the title of "Cat Herder of the Year" for his efforts

Raktra: Weeee

Kelborn: Thank you guys! For everything!

Proud to be part of the Team

Raktra: BotL is best team

Sigismund: ^what he said

Row: You're all nerds

but you're my kind of nerds
Edited by simison

List for Warekit

Harbinger Librarian = Mark 4

Halcyon Warden Athenoi = Tartaros Terminator

Godslayer Goliath = Cataphractii Terminator

Iron Bear Termiantor = Cataphractii Terminator

Void Eagle Assault Marine = Mark 5

Scions Hospitalier Primus Medicae = Mark 4

Drowned Malacost = Mark 3

Berserker Milewalker = Mark 5

Dune Serpent Scout = Scout armor

Warbringer Praetor = Mark 2 artificer

Warriors of Peace Dragonhawk = Mark 4

Fire Keeper Chaplain = Mark 3

Predator Shaman = Mark 4

Steel Legion Master of Signal = Mark 4

Eagle Warriors Chaplain = Mark 4

Warden of Light Sithaedair = Kitbash

And shortcut for me: @

In light of recent events...

Beren, kneel.

*pauses*

Beren of Bolter and Chainsword, as Project Leader and Master of the Brotherhood of the Lost, I now raise you from Auxiliary to Grandmaster, in recognition of your dedication and service. 

Henceforth, you will be known as the Grandmaster of the Cognis Alliance of the Mechanicum Resurgent. It is to you that we will defer when seeking to develop and enrich this faction. It is to you that we will seek your vision as we continue to navigate to the future. 

Now, arise, Beren, Grandmaster of the Cognis.

Ad astra!

Final Draft

BL Fluff Segment (12k words)

Anthology: 30% 

FW Fluff Segment (10k words)

History (4.5k): 15%

Organization (2.5k): 15%

Exemplary Battles (3k): 15%

Crunch

Legiones Astartes & Unique Wargear: 5%

Rites of War: 5%

Edited by simison

And some math to cap it all off.

We have 18 Legions, 2 Forgeworld factions, and 2 Insurgos. So, what's our average readiness? 18.4%. The entirety of the first, red wave is almost to the 1/5 line. Keep in mind, this could easily rise as we lock down the individual areas. A bunch of them are just a step away from achievement. Let's get it done. 

• 3 weeks later...

It'd be good to get some new ones where we can really set out the structure properly. I know I misplaced stuff between 2 and 3.

I'd also suggest that we decide whether Mars becomes its own book. Given the amount of context to it and the fact that it runs to 16,599 words, my preference is that we make Schismata/Machination/Scission the new Book 2, and either bump up Iyacrax or Thelum to Expansion or give that book a third campaign.

Edited by bluntblade

I'd personally like a new tread, because I never really followed the old black book threads and they're now very difficult to plunge into (in general)

Will do then.

It'd be good to get some new ones where we can really set out the structure properly. I know I misplaced stuff between 2 and 3.

I'd also suggest that we decide whether Mars becomes its own book. Given the amount of context to it and the fact that it runs to 16,599 words, my preference is that we make Schismata/Machination/Scission the new Book 2, and either bump up Iyacrax or Thelum to Expansion or give that book a third campaign.

I think it's certainly fine to make Mars its own book. What's Schismata? 

Gentlemen, we need to decide how many slots a faction gains with an appearance in a black book. I'm going to set the minimum at 1 and the potential maximum at 3. 

What do people think?

Max three sounds reasonable (Zombie-godslayers will have to be examined), though I'm not sure there should be a min number... though of course characters would always be a possibility :thinking:

Would it possible to include a bulletpoint list of things happening in the first post of each black book thread, including at least forces included, place and date, and what are the general themes of the books?