General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

At this stage, Koschei would be leading them toward the galactic center from Kataii. 'Liberating' Imperial worlds, hunting down Iron Bear remnants, and establishing the first vestiges of the new Madrigalan empire in Lamia and Ultima. 

We need to devise that big, important campaign that Kozja leads sometime soon. Think we put the WoP, Godslayers and Predators down to participate.

Indeed we do - We were going with one of the VE's larger fleets (probably those that will eventually become the Wings of Woe) instead of the Predators, as three anti-psyker legions just felt a bit too much, especially to be commanded by a non-esoteric Primarch. (We've had suggestions that Koschei would probably have joined the Suzerainty had the infection not happened, so this campaign could set up some kind of relationship between Kozja and Koschei, a mutual respect if not distant friendship)

The idea was to have the battle happen between Yucahu's discovery and the Jade General's, thus explaining why the Warriors of Peace are still under the command of the Lord of the IXth. Using the Void Eagles will provide some different kinds of strategies when compared to some fairly gun-heavy legions like the Warbringers, Godslayers and Warriors of Peace.

What are the Godslayers participating in?

This would be for the Warbringers' exemplary battle (or campaign in this case) - my idea was to have these Legions and a few different flavours of Eldar fight over a region of space, and I was hoping to have it happen as a defensive campaign, because I believe most of our Exemplary battles are the Legions attacking this or that faction.

• 2 weeks later...

M'dudes, I've come across something recently. In canon, a whole bunch of Primarchs were found in the 840s, whereas none of ours were. In fact, going by canon, most of the Primarchs had been found by at least 870, if not halfway through that century.

So, I'd like to suggest we pull the discoveries of Daer'dd, Pionus and Kozja forward, specifically to that decade, and jump a few others forward a decade or two.

Edited by bluntblade

Updated proposal. Bold means confirmed:

1 - Icarion [810]

2 - Alexandros (829)

3 - Russ [837]

4 - Daer’dd [839]

5 - Kozja [843]

6 - Pionus [844] (with Iona opened up by Russ’ Wheel of Fire campaign)

7 - Niklaas [847]

8 - Koschei [849]

9 - Yucahu [853] (Skal is minded to keep him back)

11th - Hectarion [862.M30]

12th - Morro [864.M30]

13th - Socraes [871.M30]

14th - Raktra [873.M30]

15th - Nomus [877.M30]

16th - Azus [880.M30]

Gwalchavad [917]

17th - Andezo Samedi [914.M30]

18th - K'awil [947.M30]

19th - Magnus [956.M30]

20th - Jade General [974.M30]

Edited by bluntblade

Some of my thoughts in our half-finished conversation:

• "Unlike the rediscovery of Horus - the first Primarch returned to the Imperium- in the case of Leman Russ, and indeed many of those Primarchs whose rediscovery came after, very few definite facts can be obtained, and with Russ, the matter is further shrouded by a fog of carefully and deliberately crafted allegory and myth. What can be said for certain is that Leman Russ was the second Primarch to make an appearance openly at the Emperor's side, doing so a handful of years before the rediscovery of Ferrus Manus on Medusa." [This is what's being used to justify Leman being found in 837. No word has been made public of his discovery, so both Icarion and Alexandros are ignorant of it. Hm, perhaps it's the first time the Emperor has withheld something from Icarion?]
  • Instead of my planned Barbarian arc fighting toward Fenris, instead it would be aimed towards Three Fires. Since the Space Wolves are being organized by Russ, the Second Legion will not be featured at all.
  • Blunt has suggested a brief meeting after the Scaran arc between Alexandros, Icarion, and Leman at Beta Garmon right before the Wheel of Fire campaign in 839. 
  • I'm not satisfied with Daer'dd being found in 839. I think it should be a year or two later to allow for the Barbarian arc.

Pssst, it's Socraes now ;)

Otherwise I'm fine with the changes, and I'd agree with K'awil being shifted up (having the last three being two pariah legion primarchs and a psyker isn't great)

I'd probably also shift Magnus earlier, I can't see the KSons surviving so long without their Primarch, even with the gene primarchs ministrations

5 - Kozja [843]
6 - Pionus [844] (with Iona opened up by Russ’ Wheel of Fire campaign)
7 - Niklaas [847]
8 - Koschei [849]
9 - Yucahu [853]
10 - Gwalchavad [858]

5th - Niklaas [863.M30]

6th - Kozja [871.M30]
7th - Pionus [872.M30]
8th - Nomus [887.M30]
9th - Hectarion [888.M30]
10th - Morro [894.M30]

You've jumped Kozja and Pionus ahead of Niklaas. How come Nomus was dropped down so far? 

"And I’m gonna pause here and make a preemptive defence of boosting Gwal, Yucahu and Koschei so much. The FW fluff has the Imperium’s early wars being primarily to the West with Horus (and for us, Icarion and Alex) conquering masses of worlds.

Meanwhile Russ has paved the way for huge Imperial conquests in the South, with Pionus soon making strides there too, which means it makes sense for Caerbannog, Obsailes and Coabban to be found sooner. Daer’dd is doing his thing up north, as is Koschei. The First and Second Rangdan Xenocides then tie up and munch a lot of Imperial forces in the Galactic North."

Does FW really say that? I was under the impression Pacificus was ignored for a great deal of time. 

"As per the fluff we currently have, these four Legions seem like bigger armies overall and more… established in their final identities than those that we had immediately before them. Though my oh my, that’s putting a good chunk of problem children in one burst."

Not sure about this argument. Identity progression isn't exactly linear. 

It's in the Wolves' fluff in Inferno.

Niklaas was the original leapfrogging, as his role isn't as informed by seniority as Kozja's or Pionus'.

It's also a matter of relative power, which was partly why it seemed more apt for Nomus to lag behind. I'll need Sangi's input there, however.

Edited by bluntblade