Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General Discussion Secundus

BotL

• Please log in to reply
3378 replies to this topic

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
Mainly some real life background to go in the "About the Project" section.

Best wishes with your situation!

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
I'll leave that to Sim and the other OGs.

Thanks. If the worst comes to worst, I live on campsites for a month, which is something I can put up with.

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
It will also leave me with lots of time for writing, just as soon as my tablet is sorted. Very keen to get to work on Niklaas and Alex pulverising rogue Mechanics forces. I have a list of things to include, feel free to add suggestions:
- Usrurax
- Domitars (especially for hammer time)
- Thallax
- Skitarii Protectors that Alex or Ruel could duel

Working title: Sons of the Destroyer God
Soundtrack: Burning Bright by Nine Inch Nails and New Dark Ages by Godflesh
  • Demus Ragnok likes this

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
  • Pronouns:ze/hir
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Of course you could taek the introduction we had in our introduction.pdf

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,441 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

Agreed.

That's a perfect introduction into our 'verse. Maybe cut out the Abaddon part. Don't know if it's that important. Though it gives a good glimpse of our work.

Btw....think I should finally write this begotten summary for the Preds. ^^"

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,074 posts

For what it's worth, I just set up a very barebones fandom wikia for the BoTL, so that may have more potential for expansion, since there's no size limit afaik.

http://botl.wikia.co...f_the_Lost_Wiki

I think this is the better option. If we truly don't have any size limitations it would save a lot of hassle. Plus it can be edited immediately by anyone without messing around with permissions like the other site.

I'll start moving some of the bits and pieces over to here to bring the info up to the same stage as my attempt before I close mine down.

• simison and ~Drakzilla~ like this

TheBlindPrimarch

TheBlindPrimarch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 734 posts
  • Faction: The Paladins of Midterra

wonderful work as always Drak...but maybe you could go with a more De-saturated palate? Make it a little more gritty and grim dark?

Creator of the Paladins of Midterra- A Second Legion Project(Link above)

Project Lead for the War of Light Alternate Universe Project-Link

Writer for the Brotherhood of the Lost Alternative Heresy Project-Link

Creator of the Vasalius 1st Terra Heredes Imperial Auxilla-Link

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,567 posts

Added some of the legion histories of the Lions and Bears to their pages. I'll add more to the Lions later. Also started a page about the Day of Revelation. 

The Brotherhood of the Lost

Signature

The IIIrd legion, the Crimson Lions formerly known as the Blood Wolves. http://www.bolterand...-crimson-lions/

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts

How's this for grimdark?

QidsBaI.png

• Nomus Sardauk, Doctor Perils, simison and 2 others like this

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,012 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran
Well, that's going on my Bacefook.

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,266 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
Drak, you are a machine! How do you keeping pumping out so much great stuff so quickly? :o

Edited by SanguiniusReborn, 14 January 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion and part of the Broken Throne Alternate Heresy Project!

tn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
Sit me down with a stylus, some inspiration, and a soundtrack of Daft Punk, and I'll work wonders.
  • simison and Kelborn like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,441 posts
You, sir, got a good taste for music! Daft Punk is unique out there. :D

And I honestly believe that your wiki will become my second most important page on the web. ;)

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
I have a pretty wide-ranging taste in music, but Daft Punk has a special place in my heart.

And I'm just glad we finally have a place to collect all the information that isn't like the nightmare of sifting through countless threads.

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,012 posts

I'm gonna have a stab at adding to the 'serker article. Pre-warning, my formatting will likely be awful.

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,567 posts
Question: Are we allowed to put unpublished material that won't be going in the main books on the wiki articles?

Signature

The IIIrd legion, the Crimson Lions formerly known as the Blood Wolves. http://www.bolterand...-crimson-lions/

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
I don't see why not.

Something I'm wondering regarding the books. Are there going to be example legionnaires like in the FW books? If so, would you guys be open to them being in the style I've done for the Legion color schemes? Although they are in a more "cartoon" style, it would be easier for me to customize them and add different elements than going in and trying to photoshop and cobble together the existing FW style legionnaires.
  • Doctor Perils likes this

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,012 posts

It's still a trillion times better than the GW cartoons. Don't put any negative slant on your work.

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,567 posts
If it's easier for you, I'd be happy with it

Signature

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
  • Pronouns:ze/hir
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Yeah, go for it. I think the important thing is that we have some diversity. I mean concerning which squad/ type the warden belongs too, he has a different skirt, color whatsoever. So it would be just awesome to have them created, comicstyle or real armor or sketch. I am satisfied with your wonderful work.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,441 posts

It's still a trillion times better than the GW cartoons. Don't put any negative slant on your work.

^ this.
I'd be glad to have your art in the books as our main artist, so why not?

And I've understood our wiki as the place for all of our fluff. I rather see it as an extension to the books fluff and stories. Something for diving deeper into the Insurrection.
  • simison likes this

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
Thank you all for the encouragement! If there's no objections from Simison, Grifft, or anyone else I'll start doing some variations after I finish the main schemes for the Steel Legion and Predators.

If you have any fluffy suggestions or visual cues that your legionnaires should have, or just an idea for a particularly cool legionnaire, PM me and let me know before I screw up and put inaccurate markings or colors on someone.
  • simison likes this

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,074 posts

I don't see why not.

Something I'm wondering regarding the books. Are there going to be example legionnaires like in the FW books? If so, would you guys be open to them being in the style I've done for the Legion color schemes? Although they are in a more "cartoon" style, it would be easier for me to customize them and add different elements than going in and trying to photoshop and cobble together the existing FW style legionnaires.

If you're willing to make the images I can easily make space for them in the documents :) Would be cool to have in there for sure.

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,012 posts

visual cues that your legionnaires should have

Stabbing.

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,567 posts

visual cues that your legionnaires should have

Stabbing.

Perhaps also gang sign esc company markings? So one company might distinguish themselves with a bloody hand print on their helm and another with a crude eye hacked into their breastplate or three claw marks running diagnally across their helmets?
  • ~Drakzilla~ likes this

Signature

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BotL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users