General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

As you guys may know, I've been working off of Sinndogg's marine templates to make the example legionaires for this project. Unfortunately, there aren't any templates for Terminator armor, something that is present in the black book pages...

So, after a day of meticulous tracing, I'd like you to say hello to my little friend:

pSUlVFR.jpg

Once again Drak, I'm extremely impressed! By the way, have you seen the question I've been asking around? I haven't seen an answer from you, Raktra, and Grifft, if you don't mind satisfying a little wayward curiosity.

Once again Drak, I'm extremely impressed! By the way, have you seen the question I've been asking around? I haven't seen an answer from you, Raktra, and Grifft, if you don't mind satisfying a little wayward curiosity.

Having never attempted to commission any art before now I can't say that's what I would do, though the idea is intriguing. So I'd likely end up either saving it to put towards a B@C set (which I still haven't bought one of) or possibly purchasing a selection of bits to try making one of my unique legion units.

Two questions for the group:

How do we reckon we should cover the Shadow War waged by the Insurgos as Icarion is carving out his realm in the galactic core? I had three ideas:

-Covering it by showing "exemplary battles" of it, two for each of the traitor Insurgos factions in 2A

-Cover it in broader sweeps, outlining the larger picture of the actions undertaken by the Insurgos?

-A combination of both?

Second Question: Blind, Mikhal, Kel, Sangi, Redd and myself are already working on book 2. Anyone else free to do some writing and make a start on one of 2A's parts?

The exemplary battles are exclusively dealing pre Heresy stuff. The closest thing we got is a battle of the Word Bearers during their "becoming traitors" trip.

As far as I remember.

Maybe a red page / timeline covering the Shadow Wars?

FW summed Lorgars and Angrons trip to Calth up on one red page.

Just saw Hacksaw Ridge. First thought, sucks to be part of the Guard. Second thought, I wonder if this is what it's like when the Scions are at war.

The idea would be similar but without the pacifism and with the saviors being functionally invulnerable to conventional anti-infantry weaponry :p

For a minute thought you were talking about the Guards regiments then remembered Hacksaw ridge is about the Americans

I'm referring to the Imperial Guard. Dying in droves, no real armour to speak of, and only semi-effective Feel No Pain saves. 

It actually is that good. I don't want to discuss plot or anything, but it was really satisfying that, after all that talk of "yeah, it's gonna be really violent because of the certificate" and worrying that it would be gratuitous, there's a real element of horror to the fights.

Haven't seen it (lacking a babysitter -.-)

So please no spoilers. Or you can write about it and I try to forget it (which will most likely not happen but one can hope, right?) until DvD / blueray hits and I'll finally see it by myself.

Ok. So now that the XVth are back to a mostly finished state I'm ready to begin pushing some of the other Legions forwards again. Given my limited fluff-writing skills I'm considering using the monthly challenge as an opportunity to focus on each Legion in turn (If that legion has a full complement of rules I may offer some alternatives​, or maybe take the month off ;) ). Is there anyone who would rather I not try this? Or who has any other ideas of how we can keep the rules progressing alongside the fluff?