General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Ok. So now that the XVth are back to a mostly finished state I'm ready to begin pushing some of the other Legions forwards again. Given my limited fluff-writing skills I'm considering using the monthly challenge as an opportunity to focus on each Legion in turn (If that legion has a full complement of rules I may offer some alternatives​, or maybe take the month off :wink: ). Is there anyone who would rather I not try this? Or who has any other ideas of how we can keep the rules progressing alongside the fluff?

I approve of this idea.

Sounds good. The Shepherds are largely minus rules, so if we select a Legion that's complete on that front, maybe you could turn your attentions there.

Who are we tackling after the Steel Legion? Predators? The Drowned? Warriors of Peace?

Edited by bluntblade

Sounds good. The Shepherds are largely minus rules, so if we select a Legion that's complete on that front, maybe you could turn your attentions there.

Who are we tackling after the Steel Legion? Predators? The Drowned? Warriors of Peace?

I was going to wait to see if our more spotty members returned before putting it to a vote at the end of this month.

Sounds good to me. For now, I may keep the fortress-monastery ball rolling. So far I have:

- concept for the Fire Keepers one, mentioned in VE fluff and detailed lightly in the FK thread. Pending Demus' approval

- Lemerium for the Scions, as envisaged by Slips, largely underwater

- Void Eagles - what fortress-monastery? Their homes are their ships, and same goes for their training facilities

- Lightning Bearers - described in the beginnings of a short I haven't yet done enough with to bother sending to Athrawes. Thinking a big, high-altitude orbital, like a storm cloud rendered in glass and metal.

I was going to wait to see if our more spotty members returned before putting it to a vote at the end of this month.

MY SKIN IS DELICATE.

MY SKIN IS DELICATE.

I was thinking more of our friend, the master of Morro, but okay.

I figured. Does anyone know where he actually has vanished to?

He's responded to a PM. Long story short, he's buried by RL. Still interested in BotL, just no time.

Ah damn, at least he's not shredded by bears or something. 

Indeed. Since he has responded to me, I'm trying to give him a month. After that, I'm considering developing the Drowned without him. They are the last legion of Book 1 that needs serious work. 

EDIT: Also, I'm amazed that there's a reference to Thomas Aquinas in Inferno, even the correct spelling of his name.

Edited by simison

Oh...does that mean that we reach the next stage of book 1?

Beta phase incoming? :ohmy.:

Potentially, but it was the original plan that we simply finish the Alpha phases first for all of the books. 

That said, Most of Beta phase is in rough draft already. 

Without meaning to sound cocky, our Beta phases should be pretty smooth overall, given how fine-toothed we go through everything.

I'm inclined to agree. In all honesty, the only reason that the Alpha Phases are taking longer is because of members disappearing at times. I wish I had planned contingencies for it before the disappearances had started. 

Well, we've had a lot of lessons over the last year.

However, showing that my ignorance still need some chipping away, does Beta phase refer to rules or scenario fluff?

Alpha - Faction Fluff and Rules Chapters, maybe Intro/General History chapter

Beta - Campaign Fluff, Intro/General History chapter

Omega - Campaign Rules

Without meaning to sound cocky, our Beta phases should be pretty smooth overall, given how fine-toothed we go through everything.

I'm inclined to agree. In all honesty, the only reason that the Alpha Phases are taking longer is because of members disappearing at times. I wish I had planned contingencies for it before the disappearances had started. 

Life finds ways to throw spanners, no way to account for everything. I know I've not exactly been the best in show as of late, but you've been an amazing project leader, and considering your project inspired me to start the 'serkers, and then set the ball rolling for the rest of us who formed the BotL, you've far outstripped what could be expected.

If we do need to develop the Drowned without Hesh, I'd like to say now that Hesh, Mikhal and I were working on something between the Drowned, the Abyssii and Gwal. Essentially the first contact with the Abyssii and how it kinda goes pear-shaped

Life finds ways to throw spanners, no way to account for everything. I know I've not exactly been the best in show as of late, but you've been an amazing project leader, and considering your project inspired me to start the 'serkers, and then set the ball rolling for the rest of us who formed the BotL, you've far outstripped what could be expected.

Aw, shucks. Thanks Raktra.

If we do need to develop the Drowned without Hesh, I'd like to say now that Hesh, Mikhal and I were working on something between the Drowned, the Abyssii and Gwal. Essentially the first contact with the Abyssii and how it kinda goes pear-shaped

I'll keep that in mind if we do have to make that call. The biggest problem is that there are these large gaps in between parts. Like, I don't think Hesh ever explained Morro's origin, how he...actually, what is Morro's homeworld? See, stuff like that. 

Styx. Ibelieve it's a gas giant

Oh good. If that day comes when we need to develop the Drowned in Hesh's place, I will try to find every morsel there is in this sub-forum. Just afraid that, in some sections, we'll have to work with crumbs.