Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General Discussion Secundus

BotL

• Please log in to reply
965 replies to this topic

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Iron Bears of Daer'dd.
Once, I've got the Campaign in the North well on it's way I'd gladly give a hand with the Drowned; Lovecraft, Eldar, and Steampunk are all pretty well in my blood if you will. So thematically I could help there to develop ideas at least.
gallery_68351_7580_48424.png

Talonair

Talonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 259 posts

Lovecraft and Steampunk are very much in my interests as well

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,316 posts
  • Chapter Name: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Didn't even know there was a Steampunk angle. Anyway, my last contact was... oh, it's already been 12 days. It was on March 9th. I'll try to get a response from him on April 9th. If no response after a week, then we'll move forward with developing the Drowned. As he is the original creator, he has the right to return and revamp anything he deems necessary. 

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost (http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/)

The Lost IInd Legion: The Halcyon Wardens (http://www.bolterand...enegade-legion/)

The Third Son: Narrative of the Lost IInd Legion Primarch (http://www.bolterand...-the-third-son/)

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 827 posts

Sounds good. The Shepherds are largely minus rules, so if we select a Legion that's complete on that front, maybe you could turn your attentions there.

Good Idea. I'll read through the thread to see if it sparks any ideas. I guess the other Insurgos could do with similar treatment when I have time.

gallery_60566_6313_2021.pnggallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg   gallery_60566_6313_2021.png

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,316 posts
  • Chapter Name: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Another tidbit from Inferno, 10k marines can be considered 'demi-Legion size'. *glances at Grave Stalkers*

EDIT: It also occurs to me that there may be a gradual build-up FW has planned from Inferno to Angelus. I have not done a complete read of all of the current books, but this is the first time I've heard the HH author explicitly refer to the Chaos gods. Since we know Angelus will feature Signus Prime, I wonder if the arrangement of this latter trio (5 - Calth, 6 - Prospero, and 7-Signus Prime/DA campaign) is due in part of building up as the Chaos activity starts to hit critical levels. 

Edited by simison, 21 March 2017 - 06:38 PM.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost (http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/)

The Lost IInd Legion: The Halcyon Wardens (http://www.bolterand...enegade-legion/)

The Third Son: Narrative of the Lost IInd Legion Primarch (http://www.bolterand...-the-third-son/)

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,638 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
There are some things i really don't understand about morro. He seems to be the guy who acts behind the scene but also who has the reigns in his hands. He is physically inferior to his brethren but thx to urien rakarth he is also on the day of rev physically superior to the other primarchs.

At laat he looks like the prince of Persia^^ and is a sword master. ( we have to few swords i must say)

And yes we started to develop an arc involving the abyssi, drowned and tge wardens which strwtched even further and climaxed in an attempt from morro where he attacked russ and lost his swordarm to gwals tonfablade grand father, the wound aging and only dark arts helped to reattach some form of arm.
However developing it further with hesh absent and the outlook that he can retconn everything if he reappears is not that easy or motivating to be honest.

By the way, can hec have a sword as secondary weapon like sanguinius has the spear? Why I ask? Well giving hec a stabbing motion would be so cool and godstooth is just not suited for it.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 21 March 2017 - 07:34 PM.

The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Talonair

Talonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 259 posts

I was not aware of the attempt on Russ. Here's a summary of the Drowned/Abyssii stuff we worked out:

A Drowned scouting battle-group encounters the Abyssii Interdiction Fleet Omega-6, who detected the Drowned ships. The Interdiction fleet orders the Drowned ships to halt and prepare to be searched. The Drowned refuse, and diplomacy breaks down, leading to the two fleets opening fire on one another. The Drowned fleet, caught on the backfoot and outmaneuvered, lose, a single ship limping away to warn the Crusade fleet. Morro, outraged, leads his forces on an attack against the Abyssii, whilst Gwal is also approaching, having recieved a distress signal from the Drowned scout fleet. More than that isn't really concrete other than with Gwal's help the Drowned cease their attack and a treaty is brokered, the Abyssii offering some pieces of technology to the Drowned as an offering of good will

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,638 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Ah. Instead of morro it will be hennasohn who takes the lead.

The attack in russ is a consequence of a few things. As far AS I remember russ is against the Reparation morro wants Form the abyssii AS he thinks that the drowned are at fault for their bloody nose and they deserve no compensation for their losses.

Things get out of Hand and gwal and Alex try to bring both factions togheter to clear things. But it does not go well and russ and morro have to be Held back by their Brothers and when russ and Alex Turn their backs to morro and gwal, morro acts quickly and attempts to Stab russ. Gwal can react and prevent the attack but only in cutting Morros arm off. Enraged morro leaves And seeks urien rakarth , who works in the shadows for morro, out to replace the arm Leasing urien to implant something in morro which keeps the wo und in check and hindere it to age And rot. Keeping the artificial arm Attached( in gwals blade grandfathter is a hrud crystal implemented)

The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Talonair

Talonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 259 posts

Ah I see

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,149 posts
  • Chapter Name: Inkspillers
Question - is the old "CHK CHK" reload sound restricted to auto and bolt guns? Quite keen to include it in a Dreadnought POV. Maybe Ærrion.

Mortal scrivener for the Brotherhood of the Lost project:
gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Tales of the Brotherhood

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,500 posts
  • Chapter Name: Berserkers of Uran
Funnily enough I just read the tropes article on those kind of sound effects, style and fictional fun dictating "do what you waaant".

The Iron Tenth of Istvaan - a Horus Heresy blag:
http://www.bolterand...us-heresy-blag/

Brotherhood of the Lost: The Berserkers of Uran:
http://www.bolterand...ceral-boogaloo/

gallery_92945_11930_20871.png

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,265 posts
Crn the Drowned: don't forget the slight Arabic elements that Hesh introduced in his last big post

Crn fortress-monasteries: the Warbringers have several facilities that count as such. The Alabaster Palace is where Kozja reigns, oaths are sworn, and councils are held. Visualize golden domes/cones and marble spires. The Fortress of Asklep is where recruitment and training are given, as well as home to the most devious experiments. It is an ugly monolithic ziggurat, and goes deep underground. Lastly, the Trigolv is an hollowed-out mountain where the Novadeka has its headquarters.

tn_gallery_77459_12000_9810.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_28699.png gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg tn_gallery_77459_12000_11946.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_20864.png

Legio IX: the Warbringers Proto-Legio IX: the Steel Guard

Legio IV: the Void Eagles Proto-Legio IV: the Morning Stars

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,149 posts
Raktra, do you have a colloquial name for the Berserkers' vision? Was thinking theirs and the Shepherds ought to differ

Tales of the Brotherhood

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,500 posts
  • Chapter Name: Berserkers of Uran

I do not, no. And I'm kinda struggling to think of one.

The Iron Tenth of Istvaan - a Horus Heresy blag:
http://www.bolterand...us-heresy-blag/

Brotherhood of the Lost: The Berserkers of Uran:
http://www.bolterand...ceral-boogaloo/

gallery_92945_11930_20871.png

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Iron Bears of Daer'dd.
Random question for all; Who would be the BEST artist for commissions? I'd like to get very good renditions of Daer'dd, Aandegg, and Redd soon.
gallery_68351_7580_48424.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,149 posts
Ibrahem someone? Chap who did corrupted Khan for Dornian Heresy and Icarion's portrait

Tales of the Brotherhood

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BotL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users