General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Didn't even know there was a Steampunk angle. Anyway, my last contact was... oh, it's already been 12 days. It was on March 9th. I'll try to get a response from him on April 9th. If no response after a week, then we'll move forward with developing the Drowned. As he is the original creator, he has the right to return and revamp anything he deems necessary. 

Sounds good. The Shepherds are largely minus rules, so if we select a Legion that's complete on that front, maybe you could turn your attentions there.

Good Idea. I'll read through the thread to see if it sparks any ideas. I guess the other Insurgos could do with similar treatment when I have time.

Another tidbit from Inferno, 10k marines can be considered 'demi-Legion size'. *glances at Grave Stalkers*

EDIT: It also occurs to me that there may be a gradual build-up FW has planned from Inferno to Angelus. I have not done a complete read of all of the current books, but this is the first time I've heard the HH author explicitly refer to the Chaos gods. Since we know Angelus will feature Signus Prime, I wonder if the arrangement of this latter trio (5 - Calth, 6 - Prospero, and 7-Signus Prime/DA campaign) is due in part of building up as the Chaos activity starts to hit critical levels. 

Edited by simison

There are some things i really don't understand about morro. He seems to be the guy who acts behind the scene but also who has the reigns in his hands. He is physically inferior to his brethren but thx to urien rakarth he is also on the day of rev physically superior to the other primarchs.

At laat he looks like the prince of Persia^^ and is a sword master. ( we have to few swords i must say)

And yes we started to develop an arc involving the abyssi, drowned and tge wardens which strwtched even further and climaxed in an attempt from morro where he attacked russ and lost his swordarm to gwals tonfablade grand father, the wound aging and only dark arts helped to reattach some form of arm.

However developing it further with hesh absent and the outlook that he can retconn everything if he reappears is not that easy or motivating to be honest.

By the way, can hec have a sword as secondary weapon like sanguinius has the spear? Why I ask? Well giving hec a stabbing motion would be so cool and godstooth is just not suited for it.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I was not aware of the attempt on Russ. Here's a summary of the Drowned/Abyssii stuff we worked out:

A Drowned scouting battle-group encounters the Abyssii Interdiction Fleet Omega-6, who detected the Drowned ships. The Interdiction fleet orders the Drowned ships to halt and prepare to be searched. The Drowned refuse, and diplomacy breaks down, leading to the two fleets opening fire on one another. The Drowned fleet, caught on the backfoot and outmaneuvered, lose, a single ship limping away to warn the Crusade fleet. Morro, outraged, leads his forces on an attack against the Abyssii, whilst Gwal is also approaching, having recieved a distress signal from the Drowned scout fleet. More than that isn't really concrete other than with Gwal's help the Drowned cease their attack and a treaty is brokered, the Abyssii offering some pieces of technology to the Drowned as an offering of good will

Ah. Instead of morro it will be hennasohn who takes the lead.

The attack in russ is a consequence of a few things. As far AS I remember russ is against the Reparation morro wants Form the abyssii AS he thinks that the drowned are at fault for their bloody nose and they deserve no compensation for their losses.

Things get out of Hand and gwal and Alex try to bring both factions togheter to clear things. But it does not go well and russ and morro have to be Held back by their Brothers and when russ and Alex Turn their backs to morro and gwal, morro acts quickly and attempts to Stab russ. Gwal can react and prevent the attack but only in cutting Morros arm off. Enraged morro leaves And seeks urien rakarth , who works in the shadows for morro, out to replace the arm Leasing urien to implant something in morro which keeps the wo und in check and hindere it to age And rot. Keeping the artificial arm Attached( in gwals blade grandfathter is a hrud crystal implemented)

Crn the Drowned: don't forget the slight Arabic elements that Hesh introduced in his last big post

Crn fortress-monasteries: the Warbringers have several facilities that count as such. The Alabaster Palace is where Kozja reigns, oaths are sworn, and councils are held. Visualize golden domes/cones and marble spires. The Fortress of Asklep is where recruitment and training are given, as well as home to the most devious experiments. It is an ugly monolithic ziggurat, and goes deep underground. Lastly, the Trigolv is an hollowed-out mountain where the Novadeka has its headquarters.

Uhm I would also count disarmonia in black&white to gold standard and slain69 if you have the funds.

And if you reeeeeeeeaaaally want to spend money( considering ibrahim then you are willing to spent) i habe a ge artist at hand. Look at the cult mechanicus cover pic and you know his work.

Well, most of the peps overcharge these days. However she makes the best b&w pics.

Slaine69 is a prof artist who tries to make the best price for his pieces, so he may be the right person cuz he has different levels.

He did the lost primarch xerxes(?) for the lion guard(?)(knights... Go look for yourself^^) and it was an epic piece.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Disarmonia did the Akarro piece I have as my forum avatar, so she's damn solid, though she does overcharge.

I must say I've always admired her Primarch portraits and other 40k works a great deal, having a portrait of Nomus made by her would be incredible. Are you at liberty to share how much the Raktra piece cost?

Slaine69 is really good. Commissioned a lot of portraits for my various chapters.

Prizes are negotiable as always but it's worth it. ;)

Thanks guys! I'll check them all out. I'm not really worried too much about cost, my family's art collection is a little insane, my mother is an incredibly respected painter and my great uncle was an art dealer and money isn't too much an issue right now, so i want pieces not too out of place from our paintings from the 14th century to Whistler and Bacon.

Disarmonia did the Akarro piece I have as my forum avatar, so she's damn solid, though she does overcharge.

I must say I've always admired her Primarch portraits and other 40k works a great deal, having a portrait of Nomus made by her would be incredible. Are you at liberty to share how much the Raktra piece cost?

Over £50, can't remember the exact cost. No physical item though.