General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Spoilers much ^^

No worries from me, but others may not agree ;)

I've been creating redirect pages for the primarchs in the wiki, to make it possible to just link the first- or sirname, not the whole thing :) it's long winded but should be useful in the long run :)

Spoilers much ^^

No worries from me, but others may not agree :wink:

I've been creating redirect pages for the primarchs in the wiki, to make it possible to just link the first- or sirname, not the whole thing :smile.: it's long winded but should be useful in the long run :smile.:

Good gravy, Thorn, that movie is over thirty years old! 

Spoilers much ^^

No worries from me, but others may not agree :wink:

I've been creating redirect pages for the primarchs in the wiki, to make it possible to just link the first- or sirname, not the whole thing :smile.: it's long winded but should be useful in the long run :smile.:

Good gravy, Thorn, that movie is over thirty years old! 

:laugh.: Just goes to show how much Zombies aren't my thing :laugh.:

Yay, finished the primarch redirect pages (until someone comes along and finds a variation I haven't thought of). So now, if you want to create a link to say, Alexandros, you'll be able to write

[[Alexandros]]

rather than

[[Alexandros Darshan VonSalim|Alexandros]]

or

[[VonSalim]]

rather than

[[Alexandros Darshan VonSalim|VonSalim]]

if you wish to use the warmaster's last name in your text.

I haven't created a redirect page for the nickname "Alex" as it could be ambiguous between Alexandros and Alexos, and I'm not going to bother with any other nicknames for the moment.

If in the future you want to create your own redirections (one never knows), you just have to create an article page for what you want to redirect, and type the following piece of wikitext in that page (and only that line!):

#redirect [[Full name of the article]]

EDIT: Oh, also, before I forget, if you ever want to create a link to a category page (lets say, Category:Primarchs), you can create it by typing:

[[:Category:Primarchs|Primarchs]]

In this case, don't forget that all important ":" before category, because otherwise it will add the current page you are working on to the category, rather than create a link.

Edited by Lord Thørn

So, apparently, land raiders are restricted to the legions because in the Horus Heresy, the main planet making them (Forge World Avilus 9) was captured by the Traitors putting a huge squeeze on the Loyalist supply of land raiders. Then the Emperor makes an edict limiting them to only the space marines, but because he didn't revoke it before he was put on the Golden Throne, it became permanent. And that's the real reason why the Guard don't have land raiders.

This is something we should clarify with the Insurrection.

Also, I can't find an exact date, but apparently Arkhan Land only found the STC blueprints for "Land's Raider" after the Unification Wars, which puts my fluff about the Storm Riders battle-testing them into the garbage. I then thought about using a modified rhino but then that is also a little questionable since it appears that the blueprints disappeared and then were re-discovered by the Mechanicum at some unknown point of time. 

Maybe I should make up some early assault vehicle that's eventually replaced by the land raider. 

Well, since Norse myth and Germanic myth have a lot of overlap (if not almost entirely the same), that should give you idea what kind of animals were featured. So, one boar, two giant serpents, several god-eating wolves, and plenty of mythical horses.

Any big animals that figure heavily in Germanic myth?

Dragons ? (Niddhoggr, fafnir, at a pinch jormungand)

Giants ? (Ice and fire flavours in particular)

Trolls? (Not sure if they are big in Germanic mythology actually)

Fenrir and Garmr? (big wolf and big dog respectively)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullinbursti

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildisvíni

I believe freya also had a chariot pulled by a pair of cats, though I'm not sure if they had names

Edited by Lord Thørn

Within Germanic mythology we don't know much as they'd all become Christian by the time they started writing it down and our principal sources are Anglo-Saxon so sadly we lack information on the tribes from actual modern day Germany's beliefs(hence a lot of theories draw heavily on norse myth). In Anglo-Saxon myth, the boar was important as it was believed to bring good luck.

In Norse myth you have more options although most of those relating to Wolves have been used already by GW. With that in mind:

Sleipnir(Odin/Wodin/Wodan's 8 legged horse)

Jormungand, the serpent who emcircles the world

Ratatosk(not really big but hey)

Surtur(not really an animal per se)

Freya's cats(I firget their names)

Por's goats(dammit why don't azerty keyboards have the norse long th!)

Fjalgaur, a general term for animal spirit guardians

That said, I'd appreciate it if you could steer clear of Norse terms as I'm using a lot of them for the Blood Wolves

Edited by Sigismund229

*Raises hand* as far the [baal] Predator goes that's kinda right up the Bear's ally especially since they have hand in developing the non kheres pattern AC.

And as far as unification era transports what about modified Gorgons or Macharian tanks? Or the transport the Solar Auxilia use? All three were at or before the unification wars if im not mistaken.

Well to begin with, Anvilus is under loyalist control here.

Interesting, which means the Traitors are the ones who have to be careful with their land raiders. That could actually be part of the alliance between the Imperium and the Suzerainty, limited but continuous supply of land raiders.

I'll check those out Redd.