General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

I thought so. What are the main campaigns for 2?

Ā 

I'm pasting Sig's notes from the Book 2 thread.Ā 

Ā 

"Book 2A-Campaigns in the Galactic Core.Ā 

This is where the Insurgos are going=that's where their rules will beĀ 

Ā 

Book 2B-Eastern Fringe

Void Eagles, Steel Legion, Dune Serpents

Ā 

Book 2C-Battle of the Forge

Updated Iron Bears rules. "

Ā 

~~~

Ā 

Better plan for Book 2A?

Ā 

Part 1: Fall of the Comnena Cluster

Remains as outlined before. Harbingers vs Fire Keepers&SoS. Ends a Harbingers victory

Ā 

Part 2: The Siege of Mars

Same reasons as before. This events deserves a mention, even if only a condensed one

Ā 

Part 3: Battle of the Mirrormere System

Following their conquest of the Comnena Cluster, the Harbingers move on the Mirrormere System. Void Eagles get sent to fight them.

Ā 

Part 4: The Parasites of War

Remains the same as I outlined.

Ā 

Part 5: The Fall of Auretia

BoU vs Sheperds of Eden and maybe other legion forces.

Ā 

Part 6: Battle of Arian Gate

The Godslayers and Warriors of Peace push south. The Scions Hospitalier are hard pressed to hold them back, Void Eagles get sent in to reinforce them.

Ā 

~~~

Ā 

Sorry for double post. Book 2C plan

Ā 

Part 1: The Road to Iyacrax

Covers the world's importance&defences, what forces Icarion sends to take it, the securing of the outer worlds of the system.

Ā 

Part 2: Planetfall

The scattering of the defence fleet&Insurrectionist landing on the world.Ā 

Ā 

Part 3: Ordinatus

The Warbringers take the first of the two Ordinatii on Iyacrax from the Mechanicum and the Iron Bears counter-attack to try and retake or disable it. Outcome tbd.

Ā 

Part 4: The Tightening Noose

The Warbringers begin to tighten the noose around Iyacrax's central Forge-Citadel and second Ordinatus.

Ā 

Part 5: The Unbreakable Fortress

Warbringers assault the final bastion of loyalist resistance on Iyacrax but can't break through.

Ā 

Part 6: The Rat War

The battle degenerates into street to street fighting over rubble as the great manufactories of Iyacrax get reduced to dust by artillery and tanks. Warbringers utilize their supply superiority to shell entire districts to rubble before movinc in to exterminate resistance. HW, IB and Mechanicum hunker down in the rubble to ambush passing Warbringers columns and launch counter attacks from the sewers. After half a year or more of this, the Warbringers decide the world is now utterly worthless and withdraw. Covers the cost to both sides.

Ā 

Red pages: The Ordinatii Iyacrax? Other ideas?

Ā 

Look ok?Ā 

Edited by simison

Seems decent - Halcyon Wardens are involved on Iyacrax, but that can be handled just within the campaign.

Ā 

One Titan Legio allied with the Bears can debut in 2 with the Knight House that isn't August, then August can appear in 3 as they're involved on Iyacrax.

Book 1 - Three Major Insurrectionist Victories

Book 2 - 1 Major Insurrectionist, 2 Draws

Book 3 - Loyalist Victory

Book 4 - Insurrectionist Victory

Book 5 - Insurrectionist Victory, Suzerainty Victory

Book 6 - Suzerainty Victory

Book 7 - Insurrectionist Victory

Book 8 - Loyalist Victory, Suzerainty Victory

Ā 

Hmmm, 7 Traitor, 3 Suzerainty, and 2 Loyalist, not counting any Draws. And not all of those Traitor victories are outright, some of them are only strategic or minor ones.Ā 

Ā 

BetrayalĀ - Traitor win

Massacre - Traitor win

Extermination - Traitor win, Loyalist win, Draw

Conquest - Traitor several wins, Loyalist win

Tempest -Ā Draw? Traitors slam UM and cause the Ruinstorm, but the UM force a high cost on WB.

Retribution - All over the place

Inferno - Traitor win

Ā 

So, overall, we appear to be keeping apace with the Heresy. It's mostly a bunch of Traitor victories with the odd Loyalist win or strategic draw here and there.

Inferno = Traitor win?

Ā 

Because Horus achieved what he wanted?

Ā 

I thought that our campaign in the Eastern Fringe culminates in a draw or victory for the Loyalists? At first, the Steel Legion dominates the Dune Serpents and Scions but is forced to retreat after the Predators arrive and the loyalists join forces. Or am I misremembering something?

Inferno = Traitor win?

Ā 

Because Horus achieved what he wanted?

Ā 

I thought that our campaign in the Eastern Fringe culminates in a draw or victory for the Loyalists? At first, the Steel Legion dominates the Dune Serpents and Scions but is forced to retreat after the Predators arrive and the loyalists join forces. Or am I misremembering something?

In Book 2 it's a draw. Then in book 3 the Predators arrive and launch a counter-attack and it turns into a loyalist victory. Or at least that was the plan

The Tortured?

The Unworthy?

Legio Murphycos?

The Unfortunate?

Legio Tormenta

Legio Inlaudatus

Legio Infelix

Ā 

and my own suggestion:Ā 

Legio Dolore(dolore means pain so perhaps "pain bringers"?)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The Tortured?

The Unworthy?

Legio Murphycos?

The Unfortunate?

Legio Tormenta

Legio Inlaudatus

Legio Infelix

Ā 

and my own suggestion:Ā 

Legio Dolore(dolore means pain so perhaps "pain bringers"?)

I think their symbol was meant to be a pair of Crossed Axes if I recall correctly, I think I whipped up a quick mock-up emblem for them ages ago, along with one for Athrawes' own Titans, Legio Telesto. Oh wait, that's right! Athrawes built his own Warlord on the BnC from Telesto, Aeria Gloris:the Red Comet, maybe she could end up being the BnC's Dies Irae equivalent for the position of ubƫr infamous Chaos Titan?

Ā 

For those that don't recall Aeria Gloris, here's a link to the Athrawes' thread for her: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/310874-mars-pattern-warlord-psi-titan-the-red-comet-walks/?fromsearch=1

Edited by SanguiniusReborn