General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

random question, mostly because this was brought up once by Sim while I was creating the 1st Heredes, but here goes...

In the Canonverse the worship of the Emperor as a god was spread throughout the mortal soldiery by means of a book know ask the Lectitio Davinatus, which was penned by Logar of the Word Bearers. In the BotL-verse Logar doesn't exist but the eventual worship of the Emperor does. (I think...:huh.: )

If we are going with the Emperor eventually being worshiped, who would have been the one to begin the process of subverting the imperial truth, and how? For example, it would be easy for a group like the people of Vasalius to begin to worship him as a god because they already venerate him as a perfect being, but I don't think they would have the pull to the birthplace of the

(My vote is to keep the Lectitio Divinatus as a means.)

The Lectito Divinatus is still here, but this time it's author is Alexandros himself. I can't remember the right date, but after some fights with daemons and learning the true nature of Chaos, Alexandros comes to see the Imperial Truth as not only as pointless but deliberately undermining the Imperium's chances at victory. Furthermore, even if the Imperium wins the secular civil war, Chaos is going to remain a threat for much longer. So, Alexandros writes the Divinatus as his first explicit, anti-Chaos weapon and as a means to increase the Emperor's Warp power. 

Yeah, I was thinking the supernatural feats of the Primarchs serves as good basis for proof of divinity. And that the history compiled creates an easy basis for a new religion.

Question are we still going to have different sects of emperor worship still?

Yeah, I was thinking the supernatural feats of the Primarchs serves as good basis for proof of divinity. And that the history compiled creates an easy basis for a new religion.

I see no reason why not. All the Divinatus does is establish a baseline, a set of principles. How those principles are interpreted or implied well surely be different between a Feudal World and a 'Modern' World.

Had an idea for the Mars story:

“I trust you to find the comfiest spot, sir. This is one of yours after all.”

The space marine quite failed to register Land’s irritation at his insipid attempts at familiarity. For one thing, this was a crude iteration of the Raider tank in its full glory. The primitive tracks and the signs of mass production were quite evident. Worse, this was a (insert forge) Pattern model, sacred designs bastardised by the brutish Techmarines of the Iron Bears.

Apart from anything else, they had surrendered the most comfortable position for a seat to the reservoir of a plasma cannon, which sat in unapologetic violation of the vehicle's ordained internal symmetry. Irksome, sacrilegious modifications. Land was glad that his transport was at least spared the unsurpassed blasphemy of innovation, but again he was struck by the eternal patience of the Omnissiah, to tolerate such acts by His bio-forged weapons.

The courtesy of the prefect merely pointed up the ignorance that reigned throughout the Legions. The most ubiquitous of their surface transports, and they didn't care enough to even question the provenance of its name.

Edited by bluntblade

Well to begin with, Anvilus is under loyalist control here.

Interesting, which means the Traitors are the ones who have to be careful with their land raiders. That could actually be part of the alliance between the Imperium and the Suzerainty, limited but continuous supply of land raiders.

I'll check those out Redd.

Honestly, I had "claimed" it due to its production of Dreadclaws, void-optimised Astartes backpacks, and heavy-dakka weaponry, which are the entire theme of the Void Eagles, before I was aware of the story about Land's Raiders.

The traitors having little access to Land Raiders is an interesting theme. In cannonverse, the Imperium has all the Predator variants, here I'm led to believe the Traitors will have to do with a combination of Superheavies and "Light" pred-based tanks, while the Imperium has more of a middle-ground with Land's Raiders.

P.S. How did you get those? Tell me the secret please! To be able to use those would be very useful

Sorry, I was on my phone.

however, it seems alt 0254 gives þ and alt 0208 gives Ð (now for upper and lowercase, you'll have to find those)

The Gorgon transport originates from Forge World Vanaheim. Odd place for a Norse reference. So, that's out. Meanwhile the Macharian tank is re-found on Forge World Lucius. Maybe it was available during the Unification Era, but it's design is that of a battle tank, not an assault transport.

The Dracosan transport is also vague on when it becomes part of the Emperor's war machine. But since the Solar Auxilia didn't come into being until after Saturn was added to the Imperium, I'm inclined that they are post-Unification Wars.

In the end, I'm going to go with modified rhinos. 

The classic choice.

On that note, while the Land idea is fresh in my mind, would anyone like to devise a plasma-heavy Land Raider variant and claim it for their Legion?

P.S. it's tremendous fun to write a character as bitchy as Land.

Hit a stumbling block around the circumstances of Vizenko being found out. The trouble is, the Lions are so secretive about the Burden that it's hard to plausibly give one of them sufficient motive to seek outside help, even if it's worsening and they are having no success in curing it.

I can't speak for Squig, but I think classic slow zombies would fit better, thematically, with Nurgle. And it's balanced, gamewise: Slow, but dead 'ard.

Yeah, when I've been drafting rules that's what I've been doing for. In regards to the weapons thing, they can still use and operate melee weapons for sure, although I'm not sure about ranged weapons or vehicles/artillery - I've been leaning towards them not being able to do that.

I was thinking just simple small arms, handguns and rifles, nothing too complex. Vehicles and artillery would be out. In Day of the Dead, a zombie, Sonny I think, is taught how to use a handgun. He then ends up shooting the army captain in the film's climax.

I might just go for a lowered ballistic skill and/or an outright ban on some units in that case (I was going to just cut them all to ballistic skill 0 beforehand). I guess I'll deal with that issue properly when the corrupted godslayers rules are required.

This is pretty much where the Greek mythical heroes are thought to have come from, so given the nature of 40k it definitely fits.

This is pretty much where the Greek mythical heroes are thought to have come from, so given the nature of 40k it definitely fits.

We meet again, Euhemerus.

"And so it was that Daer'dd pulled the continents together… or started glowing with green gamma radiation and in a single step broke the eastern seaboard; No one is quite sure as no remembrancer was near"

Temeter 10:23

I actually did a 45 minute lecture and 95 page paper on comic books being the new modern mythology for a myth and religion history class my sophomore year of college.

"And so it was that Daer'dd pulled the continents together… or started glowing with green gamma radiation and in a single step broke the eastern seaboard; No one is quite sure as no remembrancer was near"

Temeter 10:23

I actually did a 45 minute lecture and 95 page paper on comic books being the new modern mythology for a myth and religion history class my sophomore year of college.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/017/204/CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

Given that the Schism of mars happened right on Terra's doorstep and required pretty much the entire Sol Defense Fleet and near an entire legion to contain, not to mention resulted in entire titan legions being totally wiped out and caused the entire Mechanicum to split down the middle I think it's a significant enough battle to have as the main focus of a Black Book