General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Bon aniversare.

Anyhoo, my update of the Grave Stalkers talks about some of the Legions who rose early on, and how these tended toto be geared towards head-on combat. I've listed the Ist, Vth and VIth who are definitely established early on. Can we also count the VIIth and IVth?

Bon aniversare.

Anyhoo, my update of the Grave Stalkers talks about some of the Legions who rose early on, and how these tended toto be geared towards head-on combat. I've listed the Ist, Vth and VIth who are definitely established early on. Can we also count the VIIth and IVth?

Update of the Grave Stalkers? Where's this? Have I missed something in my focusing more on preparations for uni?

Bon aniversare.

Update of the Grave Stalkers? Where's this? Have I missed something in my focusing more on preparations for uni?

Blunt, I, and Grifft have doing a final review for the Preview. Most of the work has happened in PMs, minus what Blunt has posted to the various threads.

Sim's set me to combing over the fluff for style and adding/altering bits where fluff has changed, hence my work on the Bears. So far I've only fiddled with a few paragraphs and added a wee bit of context and historian-style comments on the data available.

While trying to answer a question, it occurs to me that I never did set the final members of the trefoil: Space Wolves, Steel Legion, Apostles of War/Wardens of Light.

The Bell Tolls

The Missing

Athrawes

Hesh Kadesh

foamy248

The Lost

Depthcharge

Apothecary Meros

Praefectus Invictus

Sete

Generalripphook

Squig has made an appearance, but Hesh has fallen into obscurity again. Meanwhile, foamy has been active elsewhere but not here.

Athrawes is totally lost. Haven't seen him work on his 1k Sons and neither on his Lightning Bearers Canonversion.

Maybe he is painting and prepares for a glorious return?

I thought you set the trefoil^^

By the way: what is with AO108?

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Athrawes is totally lost. Haven't seen him work on his 1k Sons and neither on his Lightning Bearers Canonversion.

Maybe he is painting and prepares for a glorious return?

I thought you set the trefoil^^

By the way: what is with AO108?

Last time I heard from Athrawes in a PM was March 22nd. So, he'll officially become Lost regarding BotL on September 22nd. I'm sad to see that we're only a month and a half from that point.

I thought so too, but the last post I did set up the Steel Legion and the Apostles of War, not the third one. Because in that post, I had actually ruled out the Grave Stalkers and the Drowned as a potential candidate. So, I just had the Space Wolves retake their old role. 

AO108 maintains contact with me through Facebook. I talked with him yesterday about the EW chaplains. I hope to lure him back to the forums when the EW come up on the monthly fluff challenge or when we move into Emancipation

Do we have any alternate means of contacting Athrawes? Facebook, Twitter, etc?

I don't think he ever joined the FB group. He also has an account on Heresy30k. ...hmmm. His last post was on July 23, and it was about a Stormbird flight stand he made. But comparing the two accounts, he's not really more active in one or the other but definitely was more active on B&C in April before switching to Heresy30k for May. Honestly, it almost feels like he kinda migrates from one forum to the other month-to-month.

Lads, as part of my preparations for going to Uni, I've been going through my stuff in my room, among it a lot of unfinished Warhammer and 40k stuff and bits that I won't have space for at University and my parents don't want to keep in the house. Mostly it's 40k space marines, space wolves and some Blood Angels and Black Templar bits from the 40k side of things. Might any of you lot be interested in acquiring some extra 40k bits?

Lads, as part of my preparations for going to Uni, I've been going through my stuff in my room, among it a lot of unfinished Warhammer and 40k stuff and bits that I won't have space for at University and my parents don't want to keep in the house. Mostly it's 40k space marines, space wolves and some Blood Angels and Black Templar bits from the 40k side of things. Might any of you lot be interested in acquiring some extra 40k bits?

I'll never say no to BA or SM bits, and I have a friend who plays BT. Is there a price involved?

I'll never say no to BA or SM bits, and I have a friend who plays BT. Is there a price involved?

For postage to the US I'd say so but not for the bits themselves. 

Should we declare Athrawes really as lost or just co tinue onward? He was always kinda special here and ti be honest he wasn't very involved from the beginning. How about just treat them as before?

Should we declare Athrawes really as lost or just co tinue onward? He was always kinda special here and ti be honest he wasn't very involved from the beginning. How about just treat them as before?

In official terms, if Athrawes becomes Lost, the Harbingers become open to anyone who is willing to step up and take over them.

In practical terms, I've essentially inherited the Harbingers and have done...well, over half of the Legion development for Insurrection. So, nothing will really change unless someone steps forward that I can trust the Lightning Bearers to. 

Either way, I'm not declaring Athrawes is Lost, until that date shows up. Until then and even after, we keep moving forward. 

"This is sentence for people who don't know what an Oxford comma is, like heretics, cultists[,] and Sigs."

It's supposed to be the last comma in a list, in front of the word 'and'. It's use is...debated. As far as I know, half the writing world uses it, and the other other half doesn't. 

I typically write with it, but Blunt doesn't. So, we were going to have to address that in the near future anyway. 

Oh that. I don't typically use it either so maybe it's a British-American divide

I don't think it's that clean because a lot of the essays I've reviewed for college students won't use it either. Though I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the UK and EU are far more likely to ignore it.