General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Should we declare Athrawes really as lost or just co tinue onward? He was always kinda special here and ti be honest he wasn't very involved from the beginning. How about just treat them as before?

I agree with Mikhal. We progressed without him. We can do further without him.

I assume that you informed him about the consquences of his abscence, Simi? Just to prevent a mud fight.

Regarding the oxford comma. I'm not English born but for me, it seems rather redundant to use a comma right before and. But hey, who am I to judge about that kind of stuff when my English is still on a stereotypciall German influenced level? ^^

Zank u weri mutch for yoor attenschion.

Wouldn't be a month better just to be sure? That way, they got a higher chance of receiving said notification and could react accordingly.

Unless they shoudln't have said opportunity. I don't ascribe you for this variety. Just asking.

Imagine you want to fire someone. I can only speak for Germany but in most of the cases you have to fire him up to a certain date, usually the end of a month. So that said employee got about 4 weeks to prepare for his departue and can arrange his further future. You know what I mean?

Hey Kel, I suggested to treat him AS before. Give him the freedom too drop by and say hello if he wants but move forward without the need to ASK him any little thing. I still hope that heiß secretly building a harbingers force which he presents here and suddenly burn my eyes away.

Well, that's basically what I meant. Leave it as it is.

If he doesn't want to say hello again, we can continue to work on them as we did before. :)

Well, Congratulations on two years of the project running already!

As more of an outside supporter looking in I can only say your progress is huge and so damn amazing... and I can't wait to see rules and stories and art and models completed.

...and remember how I said "yea, maybe after the summer I can catch up with you and dive in and help you guys out"? And I thought I could use the summer vacation to do just that and finish some of my grey pile of plastic shame.

Boy, was I wrong...

I didn't have any hobbytime at all in the last few weeks, with my vow for the SW-forum's Valdrmot (which -I- kicked off!) gathering dust...

...but the Emperor bestowed upon me a new duty. He lead me right into the arms of a strong, beautiful woman - and her 4 y.o. daughter.

And I'm still pondering how much hobby time there will be in the future and how much of my collection I really need.

But atleast I could keep my daily sketches running and getting better each week, so maybe I can do a BotL-Legionnaire in the next few weeks...

Yeah, what was first thought to be a Cervical Plexus injury turned out to be four herniated discs in my neck, went to the ER because the pain got worse, in a random series of events after 4 serious trauma cases came in, holding up the wait; my Orthopedic Surgeon happened to be in so they consulted with him and he said not only would surgery be the best option, but that they could get me done that day (yesterday) so now I've got Titanium Mesh and two plates in my neck. Kinda brutal thing is they go in from the front and move everything out of way.

Short story long; my arm is back to 100%, but I have two months of recovery time.

Well, I have always loved living a "hard life" in terms of just attacking things with little regard to my well being, especially because I'm oddly tough. But this was literally I woke up like three weeks ago with severe neuropathic burning pains in my right arm and no feeling in hand; so I hit up the ER and they said it looked like damage to cervical plexus, went for the follow up and my doctor was super concerned about it. So I probably just moved wrong in my sleep causing a huge hernia of the disk between C5 and C6 that sat right in the nerve bundle in my spine. So no definitive singular incident.

Awesome thing though, my anesthesiologist turned out to be a 40k/D&D player.

Rename the bears Titan Bears in memory of that event.

Hope all wemt well and you are now a full fledged cyborg

I actually really like that name, give it the high Latin "Ursa Titanica" it sounds super fitting maybe I'll make then a later founding chapter or the name of a great company of elite Terminators or Dreads or something.

After checking a couple of other titles, it appears that Praevian and Techmarine are indeed capitalized.

But when it comes to ranks, the capitalization rules appear to be schizophrenic. At least in the US, you don't capitalize ranks unless paired with a name. But in FW books, such as Conquest, captain and lord are not capitalized. Yet, Imperial Commander is capitalized even without an immediate pairing with its owner, and the Praetor's description in Betrayal capitalizes Chapter Master, Lord Commander, First Captain, etc. 

I'm so confused.

Likewise. Personal preference - First Captain and Lord Commander, etc should be capitalised. Praevian and techmarine should only be capitalised as titles, likewise with regular "captain".

Bear in mind that we proof-read better than Forge World does.

Likewise. Personal preference - First Captain and Lord Commander, etc should be capitalised. Praevian and techmarine should only be capitalised as titles, likewise with regular "captain".

Bear in mind that we proof-read better than Forge World does.

Then they should hire us.

So, are you suggesting we capitalize just high ranks or ranks unique to 40k? Wouldn't Praevian and Techmarine fit under proper nouns and always be capitalized given how unique they are and they aren't quite a rank?