General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Sounds good to me, Sigg.

So the Steel Legion is trapped in an ambush and is able to make a coordinated withdrawal?

Could be a good example to show the diversity of the Predators. :)

Essentialy yes. So it can showcase the Steel Legion's co ordinatedness as well as the Predators diversity and brutality

With the recent rejig of legions and such, I'm somewhat confused about how the early books are shaping up in terms of campaigns. Atm, I'm working on the following outline:

Book 1- Insurrection

Death of the Bear:

Iron Bears ambushed by the Grave Stalkers and Godslayers

Underwater Madness:

Scions ambushed by the Drowned

Madrigal Purge:

Halycon Wardens ambushed by the Lightning Bearers

Book 2- Expansion

?:

?:

The Dune Serpents fighting a hit&run war on the Eastern Fringe against the Steel Legion(I guess? Given that they're the Jackals' replacement)

?:

Void Eagles slugging it out with the Drowned in the north east of the galaxy

Book 3- Emancipation

?:

Icarion's first swipe at Terra. I'm guessing this will be Lightning Bearers vs Halycon Wardens and xenos auxilia.

?:

Icarion giving up on conventional warfare in the north east of the galaxy and instead unleashing the Grave Stalkers and traitor Dune Serpents to fight a campaign of terror there.

?:

The Predators counter-attack against the Steel Legion in the south east of the galaxy to try and reestablish contact with the Dune Serpents. Culminates in a Predators ambush of the Steel Legion.

battles we need to fit in somewhere:

Battle of the Forge(Iyacrax)

Schism of Mars

Edited by Sigismund229

Which book shall cover Terra? Last one?

Still considering a campaign including Predators and Fire Keepers in which the Predators could betray their allies and their new allegiance is revealed. Some of the more sinister / vicious tribes of the XXth could handle that quite well.

Still considering a campaign including Predators and Fire Keepers in which the Predators could betray their allies and their new allegiance is revealed. Some of the more sinister / vicious tribes of the XXth could handle that quite well.

I believe so.

I was more trying to find out whether I had the right line up for the first 3 books rather than looking any further

So not related to the BotL (directly anyways), but I want to share that I won first place at my 30k tournament today!

Who were you fielding? And what's the status about our Primarch drawings?

Hmm...that seems like it'd be a little similar to the planned campaign including Warriors of Peace and Fire Keepers in which the Warriors betray their allies and their new allegiance is revealed. ;)

Everybody wants to betray the X.

Alternatively it could also ne be be a vast group of imperial militia who is sacrificed. It doesn't have to be astsrtes all the time. We have noe so much backstabbing, that the actual backstabbing is gotten a little bit dull.

Or the think that the Preds arrived as reinforcemts but proofed to be wrong?

Or like the Alpha Legions assault on a supply point in HH book 3? The one in which they fought loyal IW.

Or the Preds are tasked to do what they can do best: eliminate crucial, loyal forces / persons/ stations, etc in a giant, perfectly coordinated assault deep within the Imperium in order to weaken the front lines?

When exactly do they fall? They should be established AS loyal Legion. So it would be nice to find a spot in the early books for Them. Showing Them from their best side. ATM I See their More dark nature which lets me care LEss about their downfall. Legion in skulls , dark hunters, hated by many, feared by most. What? Not loyal? Never thought that *Irony*.just like anakin. They should really play noble heroic Role in early campaigns .Then give Them a book where They can change Form hero to zero. Maybe. Book 6?

And i would have written More , fleshed out but this tab...

About two years before Terra.

They will be established as loyalists. Their nobility lies in not killing everyone but rather do what they came for and travel on.

Like the Scars. Prior to Scars by Wraight, everyone saw them as savage Mongols. Now, they are amongst the noblest and well written legions out there.

Yes, the Preds are dark and brutal but simply because it is the role they were assigned to be and fulfill willingly as the Emperors Judgment.

Did ever someone show interest in them? Most of the time, no. They are wild cards, operating on their own. But that doesn't mean that they are simpmy stricken.

Quite the opposite, we got those who cling on their ancient traditions, those who try to gain more power, those who see themselves as the embodiment of the Emperors will and those who try to forge this legion into an amalgation of duty, honor and the ideals of the GC.

Do they have to officially pledge their fealty to Icarion? Probably not. The third scrnario I suggested including them doing a massive "behind enemy lines" assault would fit them quite well. All of the sudden. Surprisingly. Killing blow- ish. :)

And I agree that thru might need two entries in our books like the Word Bearers have: one as loyalists and then a second one as an update for being traitor.

Edited by Kelborn

A story which I just thought of now:

Hectarion could not believe his eyes. What he was seeing was too terrible. It simply could not be happening. Yet it was evidenced by the anguish on Niklaas' face and in Gwalchavad's voice. Unable to stand without Niklaas' aid and with an arm clamped over the wound in his side over which his blood was refusing to clot, the pariah's voice was the weakest Hectarion had ever heard it yet the next words he uttered were the clearest Hectarion had ever heard.

"Brother...I'm so sorry...nothing could be done...he...he...".

Gwalchavad never finished his sentence. Behind him sat the Emperor, bleeding from a dozen wounds and missing an arm, slumped on the Golden Throne and at its feet Hectarion could see a body. Even beneath all the dirt, grime and blood he recognized the purple armour. No amount of dirt in the universe would ever be able to stop him recognizing that armour. "No...he can't...they can't be right...the Wardens are wrong or...or it's a lie, a trick" he whispered under his breath. As Gwalchavad vomited forth another wave of blood onto his golden armour, Niklaas looked at Hectarion and said "He is brother. I'm so sorry. There was nothing any of us could do". The words seemed clunky, awkward and unfamiliar coming from Niklaas.

However, it didn't matter. Hectarion only half heard them. Within him, his entire world was coming crashing down. He heard the roars of victory coming from the Crimson Lions and Wardens of Light over the vox as if they were echoes from another realm. Of their own accord, his legs began to move, slowly and uncertainly, as tears began to well up in his eyes.

He reached the body as the first tears were rolling down his cheeks and fell to his knees, the force of his fall smashing the tiles beneath his knees to powder. Clawing at the purple armoured body and its scarlet cloak, Hectarion hauled it over onto its front where he could see the wound that killed the Warmaster: a stab wound to the heart. Ripping off his brother's helmet, he came face to face with the Warmaster once more: his red hair, grey eyes. However, where before his eyes were full of mirth and warmth, even in the darkest days of the Insurrection, now they were lifeless, staring blankly into nothingness. Where before his skin was tanned, it was now an ashen grey and froze his fingers when he touched it, even through his gauntlets.

Finally confronted with the truth, unable to deny it any longer, with tears falling from his eyes like rain and pattering off the Warmaster's skin like thousands of raindrops, grief turned into anger and Hectarion roared out in Mycenaean May the dogs consume the souls of Icarion, Alexos, Raktra, Koschei, Kozja, Izumras, Morro, K'awil, Nomus and Andezo along with the souls of all their motherless bastard sons. May they know no rest and only an eternity of darkness and lament! and every Crimson Lion who heard his curse knew what it meant, for the Mycenaean language had no worse curse than that their father had uttered.

When his lungs were empty, Hectarion looked back down to the body of his brother, now cold and lifeless. "Why?" he sobbed in Mycenaean as he cradled the Warmaster's body in his arms "It is not right that a king should die before his warriors. Why could I not have taken your place? Why could I not save you?". Lifting up the Warmaster's body, he leant down and touched his forehead against that of the last brother he had failed. And there it stayed as his enormous body was wracked with grief.