REF ART - The Art of the Lost

~Drakzilla~

Algrim, would it be possible for you to do some art of a Blood Wolf(pre-primarch Crimson Lions)? Their colour scheme is like so:

Blood Wolf 01

In terms of what he would be wielding, he'd most likely be wielding a chainsword or chain axe, possibly along with a bolt pistol. He'd also be loaded up on grenades, like the Void Eagles world burner you did earlier. If it would be possible, his armour would also be looking pretty beaten up

Algrim, would it be possible for you to do some art of a Blood Wolf(pre-primarch Crimson Lions)? Their colour scheme is like so:

In terms of what he would be wielding, he'd most likely be wielding a chainsword or chain axe, possibly along with a bolt pistol. He'd also be loaded up on grenades, like the Void Eagles world burner you did earlier. If it would be possible, his armour would also be looking pretty beaten up

Hey Sigi,

Working on the pic as we speak...do you have any particular symbol you'd like me to use for the Blood Wolf or should I just surprise you?

Hey Sigi,

Working on the pic as we speak...do you have any particular symbol you'd like me to use for the Blood Wolf or should I just surprise you?

In terms of visual cues, the Blood Wolves draw heavily on Germanic and Norse culture, so ravens are much in evidence. 

However, if by symbol you mean their shoulder guard, I never fleshed that out and don't have any really strong ideas for what it should be so surprise me :D

Alright...here's the art of the day. I present the IIIrd Legion (pre-Primarch/Crimson Lions)...the Blood Wolves!

gallery_4536_13867_32099.png

Blood Wolves armorial with Legion iconography

gallery_4536_13867_274012.png

Blood Wolves Legion appearance during the Unification Wars

Edited by Algrim Whitefang

Hey Algrim,

could you do a Pre-Primarch Predator (aka Ebon Blade)?

Arcane Blades

This is their color scheme.

Their Legion symbol is not clearly fixed yet but I got something like this in mind. Either two times a crossed spear, resembling their number XX, or crossed spears with crossed swords beneath like in this picture. The spear represents an artifact which was given to them by the Emperor and as there is already a Legion with crossed swords, I'd like to avoid too much similarities. That's why I'm thinking of two crossed things, you know? :smile.:

They are heavily inspired by Star War's Mandalorians, especially the so-called Neo Crusaders. I tried to sketch some themed helmets:

Arcane Blades helmet pattern

So a T-Visor would be awesome. :wink:

Maybe we could do a jump unit? But that's not a must.

Regarding weaponry, how about two different pistols or rather a normal gun like a bolter? Something accurate for sure as they are shooting while flying. A combat knife and / or a chainsword attached to his armor would add to their martial proofness and diversity.
Edited by Kelborn

Woah. Can i have a warden with a mask and tonfas? Or a apostle of war with a berserk like sword and a jumppack????

Damn looks so cool.

Here you go Mikhail...got one done at least..Enjoy!

gallery_4536_13867_284520.png

Wardens of Light Breacher Siege Assault Legionary

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen, 

As mentioned in my New Year's message, we now have a patron who is willing to commission two pieces of art for us per month. I think this is a golden opportunity to finally have a standardized series to use for cover art. But now that we have a method, how shall we execute it?

From Discord, two views have emerged. Blunt and Thorn want to emulate the FW-style (slices of combat), while Mikhal and Kel want us to walk our own path. 

What does everyone else think?