Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

The guns look great! What colors and what steps did you use to get that? I would love to try that out for some black armor.

Definitely excited to see your next conversion. Really, really stoked!

Thanks very much Hushrong! The guns start with a black base, which is then highlighted with Stegadon Scale Green, then highlighted again with a 50/50 mix of Stegadon Scale Green and Celestra Gray, then a spot highlight with Celestra Gray.

In regards to Morathi, making yourself a Fulgrim conversion before he gets his official model? I commend you.

And if the rest of your models are any indication, it'll be badass.

Thanks Gederas, I'm hoping to make a centrepiece style model with Morathi, but honestly I don't have any real plans, I'm just going to be making things up as I go. It's not going to be Fulgrim though, I'm really not too fussed for the Primarches, it's just going to be a big Daemon Prince.

The bikes look awesome, fantastic paint job as usual! I'm super excited to see your version of fulgrim!

Thanks Vairocanum! But, like I say, I'm really not too bothered about doing a Primarch. Well, not right now, I may well change my mind (something I do quite frequently with the hobby!) but for now I'm just doing a Prince.

Bikes looks fantastic bud. I like the different colours on the Bolter. Its quite a subtle effect but works really well :thumbsup:

Cheers Bio, I'm glad the bolters on the Bikes have received such positive feedback. The plan was to break up the usual colours a bit, and it seems to have worked. Now I'm tempted to go back and repaint all the guns in my army!

The bikes look great! I like the guns as they are highlighting with a different colour makes them stand out nicely. Great idea using the warp talon head, might have to borrow that one for my future bikers ;-)

Thanks Sagentus, your welcome to steal away! I'm sure I stole the idea off someone else back when I first started the army. In fact the first ever Noise Marine I built has a Warp Talon head.

Those bikes are gorgeous! I can’t wait see what you have planned for Morathi

Thanks very much Greenz! I'm working on getting the Biker Champion painted up just now. I was hoping he'd be done by now, but I've not has as much time as I'd like over the past few days. But The Morathi/Daemon Prince is next in line.

So, I'm curious now. Is Morathi going to be combined with the Daemon Prince model in any manner? Or will it be entirely Morathi?

Somewhere in-between?

A bit of both really. I'll be using the lower body and the wings of Morathi, but I'll be changing the main body. I'm not really sure what for yet though. I definitely want it to be a bit bigger than the official model, so that it's a bit more in scale with the big snake tail. But that's as far as I've got!

Looking forward to the Champ and the DP, :tu:

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have the Biker Champion painted up soon, he's taking a lot longer that the other two did for some reason.

So, I'm curious now. Is Morathi going to be combined with the Daemon Prince model in any manner? Or will it be entirely Morathi?

Somewhere in-between?

A bit of both really. I'll be using the lower body and the wings of Morathi, but I'll be changing the main body. I'm not really sure what for yet though. I definitely want it to be a bit bigger than the official model, so that it's a bit more in scale with the big snake tail. But that's as far as I've got!
Hmm... Sounds like it'll be interesting to say the least. I look forward to it :tu:

Hmm... Sounds like it'll be interesting to say the least. I look forward to it :thumbsup:

I've not really done much with it yet, I wanted to get the unit of Bikers out the way first, but I have made a small start at least. I had a bit of a conundrum to start with. I want to keep the snake body pretty much as-is, but I also want it to be clear that it's a 40K model. So I've decided to change out the pillar that Morathi is wrapped around for something with a clear 40K vibe. I decided on one of the new Vertus Praetor jetbikes for two reasons. First off, its pretty similar size to the pillar, so it fits quite well. Secondly, a friend from my local club has a Custode army, to it fits pretty well around the battles I've had with him. Here's how it’s going to look.

paUYW40.jpg

At this stage I've only just slotted the two parts together to get a feel for how their going to sit. I plan to add the rider on as well. He'll probably go where the blob of blu-tac is just now, and might be used to hide a support pin.

I've also finally got the Biker Champion painted up. He took a lot longer than I thought he would. It was one of those models where every time I though I was finished, I spotted another detail that I hadn’t even started. But he's done, and here he is.

vH5Ym1A.jpg

wU7SiYz.jpg

NbRaoEs.jpg

And the whole unit together.

Ly4f0d1.jpg

I also got a bit sidetracked and started the preparation work on a unit I want to start soon (well, soon for me). Biohazard gave the Terminators from the old Dark Vengeance set a while back, so I've started working on them by removing all the Dark Angels details that I don't want. Not much to look at right now, but here's what I've done with them so far.

bPYOWRU.jpg

And this turned up on my doorstep!

PQsBkdq.jpg

Like many people, I'm really only after the Armiger Knights, and having a look at their parts the conversion cogs are already turning in my brain. I've had an idea for it's head, I've got an old Forgeworld Sonic Dreadnought head lying around that I might use in place of the plastic one. Here’s how they compare.

y6sLP5V.jpg

Any thoughts there? They're about the same size, though the Dreadnought head is a little smaller, I still think it could work though.

OOOHHH LORD! The morathi conversion has me watering at the mouth! Excited to see some more updates on that! The armiger with the sonic dread head sounds tantalizing. I'd like to pick one up in the future to make into a decimator.

The painted bikers look great as well and thanks for the blue-ish highlights you did on the bolter. I'd like to try it on black armor for some Black Legion.

OOOHHH LORD! The morathi conversion has me watering at the mouth! Excited to see some more updates on that! The armiger with the sonic dread head sounds tantalizing. I'd like to pick one up in the future to make into a decimator.

The painted bikers look great as well and thanks for the blue-ish highlights you did on the bolter. I'd like to try it on black armor for some Black Legion.

I'm hoping to make a proper start on the Daemon Prince soon. I'll be working a lot for the next week or so, but I'll hopefully have an update on it soon.

I wasn't sure about the blue highlights to begin with, but I'm glad I went with them. In all honesty I stole that colour scheme from someone else!

That Morathi conversion..... Yes, yes, yes!

And I agree on the rider being splatted somewhere on the base for the Daemon Prince (or Princess?), would look really nice.

Thanks very much! I haven't decided on the Daemons gender yet. Maybe it just won't have one. Gender doesn't seem like a very important thing in war!

That sonic dreadnought head will look awesome on the armiger, though I'd consider extending the forehead to better match the proportions of the original head.

The Morathi conversion is showing a lot of potential so far too, it's a really nice touch replacing the pillar with a jetbike. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy (girl?) progress!

And the dark vengeance terminators can be so much fun to chaosify, good luck!

EDIT; I was being lazy and only read your most recent post, assuming I've seen the rest in the past. But a cursory glance over page 1 just now has proven me wrong, looks like I'm in for a treat reading through your past work! 15 pages should keep me occupied for a good chunk of work tomorrow ;)

Edited by frankendoodle65

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply here, I've been busy painting Tyranids for a friend's army, so I've not done much for my Emperor's Children. There's a tournament coming up soon at my local club, and I'd like to take the new Daemon Prince, it'll just depend how long it takes me to Paint up all these bugs.

That sonic dreadnought head will look awesome on the armiger, though I'd consider extending the forehead to better match the proportions of the original head.

The Morathi conversion is showing a lot of potential so far too, it's a really nice touch replacing the pillar with a jetbike. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy (girl?) progress!

And the dark vengeance terminators can be so much fun to chaosify, good luck!

EDIT; I was being lazy and only read your most recent post, assuming I've seen the rest in the past. But a cursory glance over page 1 just now has proven me wrong, looks like I'm in for a treat reading through your past work! 15 pages should keep me occupied for a good chunk of work tomorrow ;)

Thanks very much, I hope you liked your journey through my log :) I'll definitely need to extend the Dread head if I use it on the Armiger. I'm thinking of extending it down the way and making the mouth bigger. The Dark Vengeance stuff is a lot of fun to work with, and I love what you've done with those models, I'll definitely be stealing some of your ideas!

I ran out of likes running through your's and hushrong's WIP pages. So much inspiration. Amazing work.

Thanks very much, I'm glad you like what I've done with the Emperor's Children :)

Great stuff, some of the best slaaneshi stuff around IMHO. You seem to "get" Empreror's children :) !

Really looking forward to what you will be doing with Morathi !

Thanks very much, that some really high praise there! I've always loved the old 90's look of Slaanesh in 40k. Plus it's a lot of fun to convert.

I've started doing the detail work on the Dark Vengeance Terminators, but I've been having some lighting issues lately. So here's some pics, one with flash and one without. Hopefully you can see where they're headed!

uo8QRG3.jpg

GjATPpc.jpg

I can't decide what to do with the Champions sword. I quite like the one the model has, but it's not really got that Slaaneshi vibe. Should I change it out, leave it as is, or try to convert it?

Give it some GS markings on the blade sides leading into a Slaanesh symbol at the end :tu:

That's a pretty good idea, I hadn't thought of adding details to the blade. I might have a play around with that and see what I can do.

What about cutting the sword into to make it a little more elegant? Personally, I'm not a fan of the wider sword tip. It doesn't look elegant or functional.

That's one of the things I had considered, cutting the blade into a more curved shape. Or at least putting some grooves into it. I actually quite like the wider tip, but your right, it's not exactly Slaaneshi.

I actually quite like the wider tip, but your right, it's not exactly Slaaneshi.

There's some Slaaneshi jokes to be had there. That's for sure. ;) :D

Indeed there is! Perhaps its more Slaaneshi than I thought!

Details on the Terminators look great, I like the idea of adding details to the blade but maybe altering the shape of it would work as well. Something along the lines of the Bloodletters hellblades but a little more elegant.

Thanks buddy. That's a pretty good idea, luckily the blade is pretty wide, so it wouldn't be too tricky to re-shape it. I might try adding on some extra details first, and then see how much room is left to alter the blades shape.

Greenstuff work on the terminators look nice! What are you going to use for the heads?

Thanks Hushrong. That's a good question. I'm considering using AoS Chaos Warrior heads, so that they match my existing unit of Terminators, but I might try something different. I definitely don't want to use the proper Terminator heads as the while tusked look doesn't really suit the asthetics of my army.

those Termies are looking great, amazing use of something that would most likely sit in other peoples bits boxes

Thanks Sagentus. They have actually been sitting in my bits box for ages! It's definitely time I get some use out of them as they're actually really nice models.

Wow those terminators are looking really cool, very nice sculpting work to make them look unique yet cohesive! Definitely looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks very much! Hopefully I'll have another update on them soon.

In between painting Tyranids, I've done some more work with the Daemon Prince. Admittedly not very much, but some progress has been made.

I got to work on the Custode for his base. He took a surprising amount of chopping p and re-positioning.

Sh8DBh5.jpg

The question now is, should he be a corpse or still alive? I'm thinking of having him looking up at the Prince (the head isn't glued yet) with an arm raised, or just having lying dead.

I also got to work on adding some armour to the back of his lower body, it’s still just the basic armour and trim just now, but I'm happy with how it's looking so far.

BbriPRI.jpg

And here's a quick mock-up of what I'm thinking about for his upper half.

OywgCPM.jpg

It's just blu-taked together for now. If I go with this body it'll need a bit of bulking up before attaching the wings.