Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Syn's Emperors Children

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,196 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
I’ve been out of the game far too long. The Spawn looks great but I expected nothing less! The Decimator as well looks brilliant next to its brother. I love the creepy spindly look you have with the Daemon engines. I’ve been hatching some plans for the new spider engine that’s coming with the Shadowspear box and I’m sure you’ll have some ideas as well. :tu:
  • SystemSyn likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,511 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Decimators. In-game, will they count as Armiger Warglaives, Chaos Dreadnoughts/Helbrutes, Daemon Princes, Maulerfiends, or...?
  • SystemSyn likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,554 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

That spawn is the right kind of creepy and your war machines have an element of that with their unnatural, almost ungainly-looking slenderness and long limbs.

• SystemSyn likes this

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,667 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

The spawn is looking even creepier with the pale skin, a really impressive piece, very fitting to the disturbing yet alluring nature of the Dark Prince.

• SystemSyn likes this

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,429 posts

Just caught up on all your most recent stuff, That DP is just an absolute monster!!! amazing work! 

Also that champion, spawn and decimator's are something Fulgrim himself would be proud of!!! 

• SystemSyn likes this

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

I’ve been out of the game far too long. The Spawn looks great but I expected nothing less! The Decimator as well looks brilliant next to its brother. I love the creepy spindly look you have with the Daemon engines. I’ve been hatching some plans for the new spider engine that’s coming with the Shadowspear box and I’m sure you’ll have some ideas as well. thumbsup.gif

Thanks very much! I do indeed have some ideas for the Venomcrawler. Although, after seeing the new Slaanesh Daemons preview I'm tempted to hold off converting it until some of those kits come out.

Excellent work on the Decimators. In-game, will they count as Armiger Warglaives, Chaos Dreadnoughts/Helbrutes, Daemon Princes, Maulerfiends, or...?

Thanks very much Bjorn Firewalker! I'll just be using them as Decimators in games. They're a lot more slender than the official models, but they're about the same height.

That spawn is the right kind of creepy and your war machines have an element of that with their unnatural, almost ungainly-looking slenderness and long limbs.

Thanks sockwithaticket! That's exactly what I'm going for, so it's great to hear that it’s working.

The spawn is looking even creepier with the pale skin, a really impressive piece, very fitting to the disturbing yet alluring nature of the Dark Prince.

Thanks very much!

Just caught up on all your most recent stuff, That DP is just an absolute monster!!! amazing work!

Also that champion, spawn and decimator's are something Fulgrim himself would be proud of!!!

Thanks very much for the kind words!

When I was at Warhammer World last year I picked up a Deredeo Dreadnought, so I figure it's about time to get it painted up. Of course, I spent some time converting it to fit with the rest of my Emperors Children. Here's how it looks pre-paint.

at0x4gM.jpg
rE0a4zG.jpg
OXmc8rP.jpg
FtCQVar.jpg
SpqVLGR.jpg
SrW60WK.jpg
Pt17VkS.jpg
dgzwYcN.jpg
  • firestorm40k, Biohazard, -Brutus- and 9 others like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,068 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I really need to learn how to do such clean greenstuff trims myself. That Deredeo looks sweet and I can't wait to see it painted!

Edited by sfPanzer, 31 March 2019 - 07:50 PM.

• SystemSyn likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts

Lovely Deredeo!

• SystemSyn likes this

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

I really need to learn how to do such clean greenstuff trims myself. That Deredeo looks sweet and I can't wait to see it painted!

Practice makes perfect as they say. But but if you are wanting to get a nice smooth surface when using putty, I recommend using colour shapers. Rubber headed tools are much better at getting a smooth finish than metal tools.

Lovely Deredeo!

Thanks very much!

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,006 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Deredeo is superb! Love the extra work you’ve put into it to get that Slaaneshi feel.

Kind of wished you turned the missile launcher into subwoofers. ;)
  • SystemSyn likes this

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

Deredeo is superb! Love the extra work you’ve put into it to get that Slaaneshi feel.
Kind of wished you turned the missile launcher into subwoofers. ;)

It's weird, but I had never even considered converting the missile launcher, but it is such a great idea! Luckily, it's not actually glued in place, so I might buy a second one at some point to do exactly that.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,006 posts
I think it would be sweet! Definitely would love to see what you would come up with for that weapon system.
  • SystemSyn likes this

Markus_

Markus_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts

Fantastic! All the detail you've put into the Deredeo really sell the twisted feel. Had a gander on the previous page and that Spawn is also nasty!

Edited by Markus_, 01 April 2019 - 03:49 PM.

• SystemSyn likes this

Heresy era Death Guard and other 30k shenanigans

http://www.bolterand...tarions-finest/

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

I think it would be sweet! Definitely would love to see what you would come up with for that weapon system.

Now that I've had a think about it, I've got a few ideas for converting the missile launchers into a huge Doom Siren style weapon. I'm going to keep this one as-is, but I'll probably get a second one at some point to try that out.

Fantastic! All the detail you've put into the Deredeo really sell the twisted feel. Had a gander on the previous page and that Spawn is also nasty!

Thanks very much Markus_!

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts
I've finished converting my first Shadowspear model to fit with my usual Emperor's Children asthetic. I decided to start with the awesome new Chaos Sorcerer model!

I noticed while looking through the mini-codex that this guy is listed as part of the Primaris force. I figure that must just be a typo though, he's so clearly a chaos model!

EUQHRFu.jpg
35YTepC.jpg
VGQbuuO.jpg
auuP4t1.jpg
  • Gederas, sockwithaticket, Sagentus and 1 other like this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,006 posts

Looks like you fixed GW's model issues with that guy. The sorcerer looks proper now.

Is that the ol' WHFB Slaanesh Champion spear? That weapon looks spot on.

• SystemSyn likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,667 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Cracking work repurposing the Librarian, the greenstuff details are, as ever, very neat and the brass etch is also a nice addition to the cloak and will look good with your starkly contrasting black and pink. I'm a big fan of the blade as well, has a hint of both Slaanesh and Eldar about it.

• SystemSyn likes this

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
Brilliant looking Deredeo :tu: the detail is just about right on him and really well done (and clean!). I love the knee joints too btw

Sorcerer has a great pose, again really clean GS work B)
  • SystemSyn likes this

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

Looks like you fixed GW's model issues with that guy. The sorcerer looks proper now.

Is that the ol' WHFB Slaanesh Champion spear? That weapon looks spot on.

Thanks very much! Yup, the spear is from the AoS Slaanesh Champion on Steed model. Thankfully it's still a metal model, so using the spear was pretty easy compared to resin.

Cracking work repurposing the Librarian, the greenstuff details are, as ever, very neat and the brass etch is also a nice addition to the cloak and will look good with your starkly contrasting black and pink. I'm a big fan of the blade as well, has a hint of both Slaanesh and Eldar about it.

Thanks very much Pearson73. I love the old Etched Brass stuff. It's really easy to shape around any surface, so it adds great details to cloth and armour. I was a little gutted when Forgeworld stopped making it.

Brilliant looking Deredeo :tu: the detail is just about right on him and really well done (and clean!). I love the knee joints too btw
Sorcerer has a great pose, again really clean GS work B)

Thanks! I'll be honest, I totally stole the idea of using Sentinel legs on the Deredeo from Biohazard!

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,006 posts

It looks great in his/its/their hands. Are you using it as a regular sorcerer or a master of possession (Forgive me on this but I've been well out of the loop of our new goodies).

• SystemSyn likes this

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

It looks great in his/its/their hands. Are you using it as a regular sorcerer or a master of possession (Forgive me on this but I've been well out of the loop of our new goodies).

Honestly I hadn't really thought about it. He was just a really cool model that I had to convert in some way! I'll probably use him as a Sorcerer, but I do want to try and convert a Master of Possessions, I'm just not a fan of the official model.

It's been a while since I last posted up any progress. I've been moving house, so all my hobby stuff was boxed up a while ago, and most of it still is. But here's what I've done with the new Greater Possessed models.

Ofk7rFb.jpg
YV3bbPB.jpg
zmjKifz.jpg
qY0qT0M.jpg
s81vff7.jpg
mIPWAxI.jpg
RJOWrKA.jpg

I hope you like them!
  • Bryan Blaire, Slaanbull and Kor Dalron like this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,006 posts
Nice mix of bits to make those greater possessed! The sculpt work really tops is all off.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,511 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The models' poses and green stuff modifications are well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Kor Dalron

Kor Dalron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
  • Faction: Chapter of the Dark Virtue

Really amazing Deredeo I have to say! Also like your greater possessed I had a similar idea with switching the breastplates on them, and as allways your greenstuff/sculpting work is quite awesome!

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgL_T_3_2017_Banner.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

Give up yourself to the Great Gods in body and of soul, Discard all that does not benefit their Greatness. The first thing to be discarded is the Name. Yourself is nothing to the Gods, and your Name shall be as nothing to You. Only once you have reached Enlightenment shall you reclaim your Name, and yourself. Thus spoke Great Lorgar, and thus it was to Be.

- fourth tenant of the Book of Lorgar

My Chapter of the Dark Virtue Project Log: http://www.bolterand...l= dark virtue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users