Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspirational Friday 2017: The Black Legion (until 1/5)

Inspirational Friday Inspirational Friday 2017 Fanfic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
224 replies to this topic

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
Scourged, your return is most welcome! You've been missed :)

Kelborn, my apologies, I should have started threads in the Fanfic area ages ago. An untapped resource! I'll be sure to from now onward.
As for the length of entries, I won't impose any limit, but do ask members to bear in mind that the judge will have to read every entry so try to make sure they're not too long (unless they're exceedingly good ;)). I myself am guilty of an entry twenty A4 pages in length way back before I was running IF. Let's try to keep them readable in a coffee break ;)

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,278 posts

Ok. :)

I assume that Primaris Marines are allowed as well as long as they are presumed to be "sons" of Guiliman, right?

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
So long as they're Ultramarines or their successor chapters :)

We usually do a 'Primordial Annihilator versus...' when any codex comes out so I'd like to save others chapters for then.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
A Lesson Learnt
Part One – A Summons
Hidden Content

Part Two – Battle Brothers
Hidden Content

Part Three – New Tricks
Hidden Content

Kierdale’s note
Hidden Content

There are two weeks remaining smile.png

DogWelder

DogWelder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 619 posts

So I have the fic written. Do I just post it here?

gallery 63428 7083 6894

DogWelder

DogWelder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 619 posts
My entry. Titled "Nemesis"

+++M31+++
+++Colchis, Orbit+++

Guilliman watched as Colchis burned.

Bright pinpricks of light, visible even from the bridge of his flagship, dotted the surface of the dusty planet with the telltale signs of the planet-wide destruction that resulted from the wrath of a whole legion being unleashed upon it.

It reminded him of Calth in a way. Ironic, he thought. For that had been the start of the events that had led him here. But those memories were of a different age. The Heresy was over now. The traitors had fled from Terra, leaving the Emperor’s loyal sons to taste the bitter victory they had won. The Great Scouring had raged for decades now. The Ultramarines, being the largest legion, swept out into the galaxy, cleansing remaining holdouts of traitors. One of their first targets was the swathe of worlds that Lorgar and his accursed sons held under their sway during the Great Crusade. For twenty years, the 13th Legion systematically destroyed every single world they came across, along with any Word Bearer Warbands opposing them. Now they arrived at the last one. The end of their long road of vengeance that started at Calth: Colchis, homeworld of the Word Bearers.

“The Nemesis Chapter stands ready to deliver our revenge, my Primarch” a voice behind him said and he snapped out of his reverie. The sounds of the bridge officers around him and the soft whine of the equipment they worked on filtered into his ears as he turned around.

Before him was Chapter Master Iasus, helmet in hand, in his black destroyer armor. The blue pauldron on his left was the only sign that he was an Ultramarine. His armor, cracked and dented, had only undergone repairs for the most vital systems. His face which had seemed full of youthful optimism when Guilliman first made him Chapter Master was now permanently twisted into a bitter, cynical scowl that had displayed nothing but contempt for those outside his legion.

Scarred and Brutal thought Guilliman. It embodied the Nemesis. The chapter had become the home of all the destroyer companies in the 13th Legion. In another life, he considered their methods too barbaric, too destructive. He had wanted them to change their ways and tried his best to help them along the way. Then came Calth. There, everything had changed.

“You’ll need to hear this,  my Primarch” said another. He looked to the figure hurriedly walking into the bridge through the entryway. It was Aeonid Thiel. The primarch let himself have a small smile. By contrast, Thiel never seemed to lose his youthful look of mischief. He was both a talented leader of men and a great warrior in his own right. His words, however, erased the smile from Guilliman’s lips.

“I have just received word that Nemesis units on the surface have begun their assault on the major city-states” he said, his voice unusually hard and tinged with anger. He saw Iasus and scowled at him from beneath his helm. The Chapter Master returned the gesture with bared teeth. 

+++Colchis, Surface+++

Hierax looked over his black armoured Marines and a grim smile crept across his face. The 1st Company of the Nemesis Chapter had made it. The fires of Calth, the Shadow Crusade, the journey to Terra…it had all been worth it. They would soon have their vengeance.

They were at the outskirts of one of the major city states of Colchis when they received the order. Having taken up positions along its west bank several days ago, they captured its main harbor and put the city under effective siege. Hordes of militia, conscripts and even throngs of civilians who had been fanatical believers in the Book of Lorgar threw themselves at the Ultramarines. They were utterly crushed of course, their broken bodies piled high before the Astartes.

The governor of the city had sent an equerry with an offer of surrender a day ago. Hierax simply shot the man and dumped his corpse into the fire pits. There would be no surrender for these followers of Lorgar. He had faith that his Chapter Master would see to it. He was vindicated. Standing atop a Land Raider, he addressed his men.

“Brothers! The order has been given. Complete extermination! No survivors!” he roared and his men responded with a flurry of cheers. “These deluded fools think they are innocent, but they are the farthest from it! Did their women not give birth to Lorgar’s bastards who betrayed us at Calth? Did they not cheer for the 17th as they boarded their ships and set off for the Shadow Crusade? Would their children not become the next generation of Word Bearers when the time came?”

Deafening roars of anger and frustration resounded from the hundreds of men around him. He knew he could not contain them any longer. “Our great Primarch has allowed us to bring the vengeance of Ultramar down on these heathen bastards! I implore you brothers, do not waste this chance!” He thrust his gladius at the city. “Charge! Kill them all!” he yelled.

Millions of civilians, who remained in the city, looked on in horror as the black armoured beasts descended on them. The young and able tried desperately to defend their loved ones with whatever weapons they could muster. These were the first to die. The elderly and sick did not even attempt to escape. They uttered words from the Book of Lorgar, tears in their eyes as they accepted their fate. Mothers held their children close, covering their eyes as the chainswords of the Ultramarines descended upon them. 

+++Colchis, Orbit+++

Guilliman stared hard at Iasus, his expression dour. The leader of the Nemesis went down to one knee, his head lowered. Even he could not withstand looking his gene-father in the eye.

“Is it not my place to decide when and where my warriors make battle, Iasus?” he said.

Iasus flinched but he did not waver. “My Lord, the men need this” he replied, his voice both unapologetic and imploring.

“The men?” Guilliman asked, raising an eyebrow.

“The Calth veterans my Lord. We need this. This is our chance for revenge. Every battle we fought among the burning cities of Ultramar. Every dead Hive and defiled planet…the men need to vent their anger. This world must pay for its crimes against our Empire.” his voice was filled with a sense of righteousness now but Guilliman could see the bloodlust in his eyes. This was more than the just war of retribution he had launched after the Shadow Crusade. This was revenge.

Thiel snarled at Iasus, the sound like a snake’s hiss coming from his helmet vox. He turned to his primarch.. “Armed resistance on the planet and its moons ended yesterday, sir. The city-states have all signaled surrender and compliance”

Iasus gave a bark of wicked laughter. “Surrender? Did the Word Bearers accept such terms on the worlds of Ultramar they crushed? Did they think about drawing the line between civilian and noncombatant on Calth?”

“That is irrelevant” snapped Thiel, unable to keep his anger in check at the belligerent Chapter Master.  He unclasped his helm, mag-locking it to his thigh. He gave Guilliman a pleading look as he knelt before his gene-sire. “My Lord, I have fought along the Nemesis Chapter on worlds that were once part of Lorgar’s domain. The devastation they bring is horrific and merciless to the civilian population of those worlds, many of whom weren’t even aware of Lorgar’s-”

“Do you wish for me to task you with bringing the Nemesis companies to heel?” the Primarch said with a stony glare at the young Captain. His voice very different from what it usually was when he spoke to his favored son.

“My Primarch” Thiel began, looking up at Guilliman “There are billions of civilians down there. Men, women, children. The elderly and infirm. Should you unleash the Nemesis Chapter, they will gas entire cities, carry out mass executions in every population center…my Lord, they would slaughter infants in their cribs and-”

“And it would be a tenth of what these bastards deserve!” roared Iasus, drawing his gladius and staring daggers at Thiel. The bridge crew listened on in mute silence. Most of them too shocked to speak and others simply did their best to ignore the dispute. “You were not on Calth! You did not see the destruction the whoreson maggots who crawled from this wretched rock inflicted on us. Entire companies annihilated, cities burnt to the ground-”

“I fought at Calth like any Ultramarine!” Thiel was on his feet now, his own weapon drawn and his eyes filled with a mixture of pity and anger. 

“You fought at Calth, not on it” Iasus shot back. He pointed to the hideous, black scar that encapsulated most of his right face. “You do not have the mark, you sheltered little brat” the Chapter Master hissed. “While you fought a boarding action or two, my men faced the hellfire that the bastards of Lorgar unleashed on us. We fought our way out of five separate encirclements and raced to one of the arcologies when the star went critical. What did you do? Stand at the primarch’s side like an ornament while the real men fought your battles?”

“You-” Thiel began but Guilliman silenced them both.

“Enough” he said simply, tapping the hilt of his sword. Both warriors knelt before him, sheathing their weapons. “I have made a decision” he said and raised three fingers. Even before he spoke, he saw Thiel’s disappointment and Iasus’ savage joy in their eyes. “You have forced my hand, Iasus” he said, glaring at the Chapter Master. “I cannot order your men back now. The damage it would do to morale would be…unsatisfactory. I need the Legion united if we are to persecute this Scouring to its fullest.”

“Three days” he said, his voice lacking any emotion. “The Nemesis Chapter has three days to do whatever it wishes with Colchis. All actions undertaken by the Chapter will be erased from all historical records and no punishments will be meted out to the fighting men of your units. So proclaim I, Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines.”

Thiel sagged, almost unable to believe what he was hearing. Iasus had become re-energized. He stood up and gave Guilliman a Maccragian Battle Salute. “My Lord, we shall visit upon their homeworld ten times the pain the Word Bearers inflicted upon Calth” he said, unable to keep the enthusiasm out of his voice. 

“This is not the end of it, Chapter Master” Guilliman said, his gaze fixed on Iasus. “We will discuss your disobedience thoroughly after this is over. For now you are to join your men with an oath of silence about this little…conversation. Dismissed.”

Iasus saluted sharply and put his battered helm back on. He turned and left the bridge in dead silence save for the soft whine of the machines. Thiel eventually managed to get back on his feet after Iasus left. He put on his helmet, unable to look his Primarch in the eye, at least for now. He turned to leave.

“Thiel” Guilliman said, without emotion again, and fixed Thiel with a stern glare. “Order the telepaths to broadcast images and vox recordings from Colchis to all nearby systems. “If there are Word Bearers honorable enough to come defend their home, we shall grant them a swift death”. There was a long pause. Long enough to border on insubordination.

“Yes…my Primarch” said Thiel between gritted teeth and left the bridge faster than decorum would allow.

Guilliman turned and looked through the viewing port once again.

Once more, Colchis burned.

Edited by Caius Tadius, 14 July 2017 - 12:56 AM.

gallery 63428 7083 6894

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
A quick reminder that the deadline for entries is this Friday (July 7th). :)

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Here's my thing. Warning: it's long. Lots of pent-up plot in me, I guess. Enjoy.

Hidden Content

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts
Alright, this was sketched a lot more quickly than I had wanted to, but you guys unfortunately twisted my arm...

I recently decided I'd paint my soon-to-be marines army in the Nemesis chapter's colours, and had come up with some (imho) very nice fluff to back it with which I'm sure the CSM forum here would be delighted with. Alas, I realized two days ago that the focus of the Inspirational Friday this week was the Sons of Guilliman, so I had to rush things a bit to get this story up in time...

I know quite a few people here were unhappy with some of the retcon that was seen in the recent Dark Imperium novel. Maybe this will help you guys come to grips with some of it...

Spoiler

Spoiler

+ Edit : I know it's not the best of prose and could use some tuning... A more adequate version is due once I have some models to post in a WIP thread in the Forge...

+ + Edit : Lo and behold, it seems that when I C&P'ed the story in here I somehow missed a paragraph... Sorry.

Edited by Spinsanity, 07 July 2017 - 10:06 PM.

DogWelder

DogWelder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 619 posts

This is my second entry. It is called "Shape of Vengeance" This is Part 1:

+++Calth, 007,M31+++

Anger.

Sergeant Daken of the Ultramarines felt it course through his body, somewhat numbing the pain of his leg being split open. Ithaka starport was in flames, its vast landing fields in ruins; Legion shuttles, Thunderhawk gunships and cargo transports lay in flames amidst the upturned ferrocrete and steel. Looking up at the burning sky he saw brilliant blue streaks of light descend upon the surface of Calth, setting the cities in the distance ablaze.

He snarled with rage and curled his hands into tight fists, limping away from the rubble he was buried under. Let his Primarch or his officers worry about why the whoresons of Lorgar turned against their brothers. He was Nemesis Chapter; he could care less about the motivations of the enemy. Only that they were dead.
He did not get far before he heard savage shouts and Colchisian war-cant echoing through the ruins of the terminal building. The wreckage before him was teeming with the soldiery the Word Bearer’s had brought with them. Even before this betrayal , to call them soldiers was an insult to the proud and disciplined fighting regiments of the Ultramar Auxilia. They were not soldiers, they were cultists.

Adorned with grizzly trophies taken from their victims, and inscribed with cultish runes from the Book of Lorgar, the savage butchers went about gutting any of the terminal staff that survived the collapse. From the corner of his eye, he saw a woman in a blue/orange technician uniform struggle to free herself a fallen column of cargo crates as a party of the cultists circled her prone form.

Daken roared and charged at the group, moving unnaturally fast even with the gash in his leg. His armored fist caved in the head of one of the savage men as the others hurriedly brought up their lasrifles. Effortlessly dispatching another with a chop to the neck, he brought up the body as a shield against the hurricane of las shots. The corpse turned to a steaming slab of meat as the cultists foolishly expended all their charge firing at the Ultramarine.

“Ill-disciplined savages!” roared Daken as the hail of shots came to a close, the cultists now realizing, as they fumbled to get new clips into their rifles, that they were now defenseless against the Space Marine. Hurling what remained of his meat shield at one of his hapless assailants, the Astartes broke into their firing line, every punch, kick and occasional snap of the neck sent another lifeless cultist stumbling onto the cracked floor.

His armor was pitted and scarred in the places the shots had struck home but it was mainly superficial damage. He heard the click of a spare charge cell being slotted in and whirled around, catching a lancing blow to his pauldron. His hand instantly went down for his sidearm It was unloaded and he had lost his magazines to the rubble. So he threw it as hard as he could, aiming for the man's face. The pistol hit its target, snapping the cultist’s head back and causing him to collapse into the dirt.
“Overseer! Overseer!” he heard a voice yell as he crushed the throat of the last man before him. The last cultist, an elaborate crest on his helm identifying him as the leader of the war party. The man was scrambling away from the Ultramarine towards a shattered entryway of a terminal gate. Daken snarled and started after him but stopped when he recognized a familiar shape lumbering through the debris and mist.

Stone cracked underneath its tread and large chunks of debris were swatted aside as if they were weightless. The figure soon resolved itself into the menacing form of a Word Bearers Terminator. The crimson giant leveled its stormbolter at the Ultramarine, the visor of is Cataphractii reflecting the fires around it and giving it a demonic visage.

The cult leader had stopped beside the figure and was smiling deliriously at the Ultramarine. No doubt he was ecstatic at having one of the Sons of Guilliman at his mercy, though the shaking of his fingers belied an ever present sense of dread.

“Now you die, you fugging-” he managed to get out before the bolt round turned his head to a pulp.

Behind the Ultramarine, the technician he had saved earlier was lying on the floor, nestling a smoking bolt pistol between a large crack in the debris to offset its recoil. The weapon, meant for an Astartes, had still given her a considerable kickback and her face was grimaced in pain. It took a moment for Lycus to realise that it was his unloaded bolt pistol.

“One in the chamber” she said between gasps of pain, her uniform streaked with blood and dust, indicating she had clawed her way out of the rubble.
Using the distraction, Daken sprang at the Word Bearer, his face a twisted mask of rage. He got within five paces when his left pauldron came apart in a shower of ceramite and blood. The Ultramarine cried out in pain as he fell onto his back, carried by the momentum of the shoot. His larraman cells were clotting the injury but the pain was unimaginable. As he struggled to right himself, the Terminator appeared above him, the Storm Bolter pointing downwards.

An eye-searing burst of light filled the air, followed by an explosive boom that almost shattered the Ultramarine’s eardrums. To Daken’s surprise the Word Bearer had not fired his bolter at all. It lurched awkwardly and fell face-first into the rubble, missing him by a few centimeters. As he awkwardly craned his head forwards, he saw a gaping hole in the back of the Terminator. Its armor had been wrenched open from behind and the figure inside burnt to a crisp.

“Anti-armor missiles” the black-armoured Devastator marine said, moving through the smoke and looking down at his handiwork. “I was always curious about their effect on Tactical Dreadnought armor”. Daken could hear a glint of feral glee in the Ultramarine’s voice. He liked this one.

Struggling to his feet, he made himself level with the Legionary. “Name and rank, marine” he said, his voice hoarse but stern. This marine was from one of the many Destroyer companies in his Chapter. Volatile, destructive and highly aggressive, the Destroyers made up the bulk of the 22nd “Nemesis” Chapter. They were rarely used in the Crusade, however; his Primarch wishing to avoid the absolute carnage they usually left. Like many things about his Legion, Daken was sure that was about to change from this day forth.

His savior snapped to attention, cradling the missile-launcher in his arms. “Pellaeon, 5th Squad, 7th Company, Sir”. Despite their brutality, the reverence for the chain of command was present in him, such as it was in all Ultramarines. “We were conducting weapons drills on the range when the bastards hit us. Sergeant Ionus is dead and so is much of my squad. Linked up with several more remnants on my way to the terminal buildings.”

Daken raised an eyebrow. “You headed deeper into the Starport instead of regrouping on the outskirts?” he asked.

“Our best toys are on the Landing Fields” he started. The sergeant gave him an inquisitive look. “The Destroyer weapons, sergeant. Rad missiles, Phosphex bombs...our weapons.”

“When a units have lost cohesion and face a larger enemy force, they are to retreat from the frontline and regroup at a secure location” the sergeant quoted his Primarch, fixing the Destroyer with a stare. Then, his expression softened. “But there is nowhere on Calth that is secure today. Good work, marine. Let us-”

A scuttling noise interrupted their conversation and Daken turned to see the technician who had fired the shot stripping a cultist of his lasrifle before scavenging the rest of the bodies for extra clips and grenades. Her eyes widened as noticed the marine looking at her and straightened to attention immediately.

“Radar Officer Letina, First Class” she almost shouted, her voice slightly on edge at being in the presence of two of the Ultramarines.

“Impressive shot for an engineer” the sergeant remarked.

“I hit the range in my spare time sir...it’s a hobby” she managed, gulping as she struggled to hold his gaze.

“I see” the Ultramarine replied. “You are a civilian, Officer Letina” he said as he started to walk away from the rubble along with the Destroyer. “I have no authority to order you into the fight. You may do as you wish”.

As he made his way towards the black armoured figures in the distance, he heard the light footsteps of the technician behind him. She forced herself into a jog to keep up with him.

“Where are we going, sir?” she managed between heavy breaths.

“Where else?” he said gruffly “To kill Word Bearers”.

Edited by Caius Tadius, 08 July 2017 - 12:16 AM.

gallery 63428 7083 6894

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

Thank you for your entries in Inspirational Friday: The Primordial Annihilator versus the Sons of Guilliman!

Adreal gave us a story that I’m calling Little Eagle, Old Serpent, narrating the clash between one of the sons of Ultramar and an Alpha Legionnaire. Just which of them truly serves the Imperium and the interests of Man?

I gave you A Lesson Learnt in which one of the Stygian Guard captains is seconded to the Knights of Ultramar, befriending his captain peer but finding differences in the two chapter’s methods, with them coming to blows years later as the Stygian Guard have become the Psychopomps.

Caius Tadius’s entry was Nemesis – the first but not last entry in this theme to use the Nemesis chapter – showing Guilliman and his chapter in orbit over the Word Bearer homeworld of Colchis in the wake of the Horus Heresy. Chapter master Iasus and his men are thirsty for vengeance, and will not be stopped...

Firebrand was Scourged’s entry this week, marking his return to IF and the return of the Praetors of Orpheus to the ship Firebrand. I remember when Salazar and Teshin were taken (years ago now, I guess it was!) so for me personally it was a great pleasure to read this story. Not such a pleasant reunion for the Praetors and inquisitor Krejcik though...
I loved the bit where she recognized the bone. I can’t imagine how that would feel.

And Spinsanity gave us the fifth entry and second to feature the Nemesis chapter (popular boys!), detailing chapter master Latarius’ meeting with his genesire (and clearing up a fluff flub, apparently!).

I hereby close the 13th challenge of IF2017, but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title. smile.png

And here begins our fourteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2017:
Death Guard
The 14th legion, the sons of Mortarion, warriors of Barbarus, formerly the Dusk Raiders. The blessed of Grandfather Nurgle.
Once warriors of strength, strong will and stern resolution, they were ravaged by plague whilst trapped in the warp enroute to Terra. Their lord, Mortarion, swore fealty to Nurgle and saw his sons transformed into Plague Marines; their flesh bubbling with corruption, their innards spilling through lesions in their putrid skin and their bodies and weapons oozing with slime.
They rule over the Plague Planet where sickness and pestilence are the norm, where miasmic clouds bring contagion and death and where the diseased pray to Nurgle for relief from their constant agony.
When the Death Guard march from the Eye, or the Cicatrix Maledictum, there goes before them countless pandemics which ravage those who would oppose them even before the Plague Marines strike and bring the blessings of Grandfather Nurgle...

Inspirational Friday: Death Guard runs until the 11th of August. You have lots of time as I’ll be away on holiday for a portion of this time.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Honda (unless he wants to relinquish the duty to me).
To whomever is chosen as the victor goes the Octed amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png
...and the duty of judging IF: Death Guard.

And to whomever wins IF: Death Guard goes the Pox Amulet...
BEHOLD!
gallery_63428_7083_8312.png

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts

There can only be one...

Hookay, you guys really put the "new" guy through the wringer on this. It was obvious that a lot of thought was put into these entries and that several really should be developed into longer stories.

At the end of the day, one particular entry kept drawing me back and that was Caius Tadius entry, "Nemesis". I really liked how the Thiel and Iasus perspectives on Colchis were both right and wrong. The fact that something was lost between Thiel and Guilliman was also significant.

So well done everyone and congratulations to Caius!

Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
Congratulations, Caius!
Be sure to display your Octed Amulet where we can all see it (e.g. Your signature)...or hide it away as Honda did with his if you're a loyalist (if I remember correctly Honda told me he launched it into a sun[/b] but I think he has it under his pillow).

This also means you have earned the right to judge IF: Death Guard if you're up for it?

DogWelder

DogWelder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 619 posts

Firstly thank you guys so much :) I'm still relatively new to the 40k fandom (got in about half a year ago) so I'm really grateful to receive such feedback on my stories.

Secondly, sure! I'd love to judge IF: Death Guard

gallery 63428 7083 6894

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
About two weeks to go.

I'm working on my entry and hope to have it done in a couple of days.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
Within a cloud of flies
Hidden Content

Epilogue
Hidden Content

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
Next Friday is the deadline.
Are there any more entries? Anyone want to tell us a short tale about their Death Guard? Their Plague Marines? Nurgle Chaos Lord? :)

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,088 posts
Going to finish mine in a few days... looming deadlines are great motivation!

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Sorry, I am running 2 rpgs right now and obviously haven't been terribly active on this thread for a while anyways.

I may have something for Friday, but no promises.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
Here's another from me :)

All Life. All Death.
Hidden Content

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,088 posts

Here is my offering. Apologies if it is overly long, or if I butchered my portrayal of the Iron Warriors... or Death Guard, for that matter sick.gif

Aftermath

Spoiler

Edited by Azekai, 16 August 2017 - 12:00 AM.

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,772 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

Only three entries in Inspirational Friday 2017: Death Guard, two of which were from me! I thought we might have had more from fans of the Death Guard, but sadly not.

Many thanks to Azekai for his piece, Aftermath. I must admit I have not yet had chance to read it but intend to do so as soon as I can.

My two entries were Within A Cloud of Flies: my Slaaneshi Psychopomps coming across a Death Guard sorcerer on a Crone World and coming away with a discovery they had not set out to find, and secondly All Life, All Death: I figured Nurgle, as the god of the cycle of life and death, would view the tyranids’ consumption and absorbing of life to be, well, pissing in his pool.

I hereby close the 14th challenge of IF2017, but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title. smile.png

And here begins our fifteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2017:
Alpha Legion
The 20th legion, a riddle wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.
Experts in infiltration, covert operations and manipulation, often the enemies of the serpent do not realise who their true foe is, and indeed the pawns of the legion may work unaware of the identity of their masters.
“Sinners in a shroud of lies” they were labelled by the Night Haunter and it is suspected that even during the Horus Heresy the legion infiltrated both their treacherous allies and the ranks of the loyalist legions.
Who truly knows where the loyalties of the Alpha Legion lie? Do they serve the Primordial Annihilator or are they still true to the Emperor’s ideals?
Tell us this time a tale of the Hydra.

Inspirational Friday: Alpha Legion runs until the 25th of August.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Caius (recently renamed DogWelder).
To whomever is chosen as the victor goes the Pox amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_8312.png
...and the duty of judging IF: Alpha Legion.

And to whomever wins IF: Alpha Legion goes the Hydra Amulet...
gallery_63428_7083_9362.png
BEHOLD!

adreal

adreal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts
Snake in sheep's clothing

Abraxxis cursed.  His first senior command had become a farce. What should have been a simple job of quelling a rebellion had become a quagmire, and now the adeptus astartes had voxed in stating they would send in reinforments to end the conflict.

Jr officer Whelhim had been excited buy the news, Abraxxis didn't have the heart to tell the lad what became of imperial officers after the emperors angels ended conflicts. Let the boy have his delusions Abraxxis thought, much better then the reality.

Sudden movement broke Abraxxis from his musings
"Sir, they are here" Whelhim said, his voice barely hiding the excitement. 'Throne' Abraxxis cursed to himself, usually the Astartes rain down hellfire with a drop pod assault, had Abraxxis lost his ability to understand a battlefield that he didn't even know they had arrived. His thoughts were racing with the implications as he followed the Jr officer into the meeting room.

Before Abraxxis and Whelhim stood several giants in aqua hued armour, unclear marking were scrawled all over the armour, some looked serpentine, others strange symbols that confounded the mind.
"My lords..." Abraxxis begun, he had never seen these Astartes in any vidlogs of conflict, while not unheard of for the emperors angels, it didn't sit well with him.

"Lord commander?" One asked as it strode towards him, the giant uncasped his helm, underneath was a clean shaven face with violet eyes,
"Lord commander?" The giant asked again, Abraxxis nodded.
"It has been brought to our attention that the rebels are proving more difficult than anticipated to put down"
Again Abraxxis nodded, not quite sure what to think of the giant infront of him.
"Be at ease Lord commander," the giant began, "we are here as the rebels scum have inlisted the might of a traitor legion"
A traitor legion!! Abraxxis mind was reeling, surely they were legends of a past time when the emperors walked as a man, obliterated in the scouring.
"Traitor legions my Lord?" Abraxxis asked, still dumbfounded at the news.
"Yes Lord commander, word reached high command that the XIIIth was on route in support of the rebels. We are here to support you"
"Apologies for my rudeness my Lord." Abraxxis begun. "We thank you and your men for your support, Lord, we shall begin a stratagem briefing to combat the traitors"
Abraxxis raised his eyes to meet the gaze of the giant, the aqua hued astartes met his gaze and smiled
"Hydra dominates"

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

So, I tried to get something in for the Death Guard but... I just... It's just... I just couldn't do it. I couldn't will my Tzeentchian fingers to type at length about their anathema, even sarcastically! But this time, oh, this time I couldn't stop myself. Glory to the XXth. 

Hidden Content

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Wait... what? People are writing stories and I didn't even notice? For shame Olis! For shame!  facepalm.png

So, uh, is the only stipulation that the story must be of the Alpha Legion? Is there a maximum/minimum word limit?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards