Eaters of worlds VI Echelon - The Blackmaw horrors

Hathis

Tanks always gives me trouble, so instead of driving me insane, and no, not the good insane like after the battle you gather the maimed bodies and make a puzzle out of them, exclude their skulls, of course.

Anyway heard sidetracking was a good thing so continued on these two babies.

First one I only changed the face, as I wasn't pleased with it before.

gallery_93138_12753_26876.jpg

And the other one.

gallery_93138_12753_49645.jpg

Your builds still leave me in awe! And I can scarcely imagine the patience you have to imagine and then build all these things, especially your tanks. Your predator is one of my favorite vehicles, period.

The dreads are sweet. I love the reworked torsos and I am curious what you will do to the rest of the body. The weapons on the second look brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do like how the Fleshgrinder turned out the front/grinder took a bit to long time to make than I want to admit, sadly it is invalid for now, as most of my tanks but we will see when the real codex arrive.

Thought i share the WIP progress of the two Contemptors who still are unnamed.

First one, have plans to add broken chains on arms and legs.

Armed with claws with meltaguns.

gallery_93138_12753_35158.jpg

And the other, who once lead the eradicators before his body was broken.

Armed with heavy flamer, havoc launcher, hammer and not sure what the main gun will count as.

gallery_93138_12753_33304.jpg

Maybe I should have started this thread in +Work in progress+ instead of here. the curse of not be able to put my thoughts on paper.

Edited by Hathis

First off, yes. You should post in the WIP section.

Also, those dreads, I can just feel the world shudder beneath their tread. They definitely have presence to them. As for the second one that gun could be anything you want it to be. I think it was the butcher cannons I liked best personally. However, with that unique design of the warp it could be anything.

Lastly, where did those resin skulls come from?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Feels like I am knee deep in blood and skulls with you guys nice comments:wink:, after assembling a leviathan I noticed they are not as big as

I have always thought, so need to do something about that when i have the time.

At least i have Just finished Yurik the rabid.

gallery_93138_12265_135528.jpg

That's beauty right there! Everything about that model is sublime but where it's head should be...those teeth, the skulls around it, and all that gore. That is award winning material right there. I have to say it again, when GW redoes their Khorne/World Eaters like they have with Tzeentch and Nurgle they need you to take point.

Have you ever sent them pics of your work?

:biggrin.: Beauty you say, I take, the kind only a mother can see.

Never sent GW any pics but I don't think they share the view i have, at least my goal is to create darker, more sinister feeling for my 

worldeaters, and watching what GW has done to AoS nope, sure more brutal looking than the old things 40k have but a bit, uhmm cartoony.

At the moment I am trying my best to get some paint on Itavus (the other contemptor), and once his done next project will

be the Leviathan, not sure how to increase his size but I will one way or the other.

Yurik and Itavus are both GW plastic as the base, only Shadr is built from a FW one.

For Yurik indeed the other claw its a reversed left arm, both i build in with meltas but as that is not an option anymore i guess

i will count them as soulburners. i feel the chains helped a lot to make it appear that he is charging forward.

Some more pic of the rabid as requested:biggrin.:

gallery_93138_12265_101474.jpg

I really really love these models...individually. The fact that they are so monochrome makes the blood effect just so much better. I just fear that they will look like a monochrome mass wth some random blood spread on the table and that makes me a bit sad. :sweat:

Hathis: I remember seeing this thread in its early stages, and its always greatbto see other hobbyists as they progress. THIS THREAD HOWEVER woukd make the Lord of War himself happy. Your conversions are fantastic, and your vehicles you've added are a pure joy (I'm an Iron Warrior at heart so love all things armoured). But special mention goes to your Dark Apostle.

Everything about this thread is a piece of pure joy, and a reminder why we are the greatest faction. From one heretic to another, I raise a glass to you good sir.

May your harvests be great and may Khorne bless your dice. Blood for the Blood God, skulls for the skull throne. (But also Iron within, Iron without ;) )

Allways loved dreads, not sure if its childhood memories from battletech and robotech, since GW changed chaos dreads to hellbrutes at first i did not like it

one bit but slowly started to see them more daemonic than a wounded old astartes.

Still don't like the hellbrute model it self (only seen the DV one) but i have seen a lot of really nice conversions here on B&C, even started with one but lost inspiration, but seeing others here i noticed i was not alone to dislike stumpy legs.

SfPanzer

Its called berzerker camouflage :biggrin.:, My skill as a photography do not help, but they do look a little less monochrome in RL, the few times my hands

works as they should and not shake to much i try to do signs and scripts, sadly most of the time hands forbids it.

Beachymike123

I drink to that:wink: , Siege and trench warfare always have its charm, if it was not for the difficulties i tend to have with creating vehicles i have in my mind

to model i would have a lot more of them.

If there is anything one want a closer look (older or newer) at or different angle of let me know and i take some more pics, even if my skills at it s**ks :biggrin.:

*edit*

A little better pic of Itavus colour wise.

gallery_93138_12265_98812.jpg

Edited by Hathis