Eaters of worlds VI Echelon - The Blackmaw horrors

Hathis

• 3 weeks later...

Since characters can't join units anymore Attikhan's retinue found them self missing their 8th member, and it always bothered me that I had forgotten to add a

Bannerman for them so my hands were forced to sort it out, still a bit early WIP

gallery_93138_12753_30121.jpg

Ever since FW released the Leviathan i have wanted one, but the only ranged weapon I liked the look of was the grav-flux, so the sec i saw it finally had rules

for 40k I ordered one.

So slowly, slowly it is taking shape, and again very early WIP and I have no idea what I will name it:unsure.:

gallery_93138_12753_110739.jpg

The banner is sweet. Great pose and I love his respirator/box grille. Any idea on what you will paint on the actual banner?

The leviathan also looks sweet. I've been thinking about one myself. Your work on him so far is excellent but you say it's slowly taking shape. Looking forward then to him getting some more work done to him.

I noticed it's nearly impossible to see in the pic. but the respirator/box grille has a nice set of fangs, for the banner, if i will be able to, the idea was to paint

in marks, text of important battles and such. 

What surprised me with the Leviathan it's size, it was a lot smaller than I had imagiend, been trying to correct it and increase his size

at the waist and made the arms a little longer, what I am considering is if I should increase the height of his lower section of the legs as well.

The mini Ursaclaws is just for fluff and visual no rules of course but thought why not:biggrin.:  

Edited by Hathis

• 1 month later...

Used the last bloodthirster breastplate for him, and as i never used it for my thirster I had 2 to spare. :happy.:

the heads are lest overs from the thirster aswell  (very useful kit that is) just using it upside down and join it with a fraction from a defiler head and some armour from the skullcannon + random cables and junk.

Cant remember if i have posted any of my daemons here humm

• 3 weeks later...

I tried fooling myself that I did not need to increase the size of the Leviathan's legs and pelvis and hoped it would be enough with the waist and arms, luckily

my ignorance was cured and I even manage to find the time to redo this part.

Of course still WIP, some small things and not really sure how to improve the siegedrill arm.

gallery_93138_12753_149012.jpg

I usually find Khornate armies very boring but by the hairy nipple of Slaanesh this has to be one of the best threads I have ever seen in all my years of gaming!!! I would love to see what you could do with a Slaaneshi army. 

++EDIT++

The head you used on the mini in your profile picture has just given me the inspiration needed for my Slaaneshi Helbrute. Cheers mate. :D :tu: Funny how something so small and (to some) unimportant can lead to great things. :lol:

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Holy crap!

Im not sure that you need to do anything to the drill arm, I kinda like the asymmetry of one corrupted arm and one clean. Maybe change the chain fingers to the tips of a pair of raptor chainswords?

I have a very worried belief that the drill arm will be clean haha. Nothing is more annoying than sand getting stuck everywhere more than a guardsmen with his gear.

The Leviathan is looking rad, bud! So did you lengthen the thighs?

• 3 weeks later...