Just a thought, In-house Member Blogs and Blog Tags

Julgolax

I was thinking it would be really cool to have a simple Blog-like function on our member walls for project logs, battle reports and personal articles. Using the forum and taxing the server to search hundreds of threads for dozens of different parameters seems like an inefficient way to find the content you're looking for.

Perhaps we could use the forums just for lore discussions, painting and modeling, general discussion and news/rumors. Meanwhile each member page can have a blog wall for all the other good stuff and to enable members to find what they're looking for, each blog article can be tagged with pre-set parameters so searching is clear and concise rather than searching hundreds of threads with common words or members.

Also, a side box similar to Enjin's Shoutbox that displays latest articles, articles with certain tags, and holds the search function in-line would be a fantastic tool.

Just my thoughts. Could be a long term project for the B&C members to crowdfund. :)

People could use the current Tags the way it is suggested and that would probably improve things immediately regarding finding similar content without Searching. Also, using the Follow function for threads you want to keep tabs on helps, and the notifications are configurable.

There were Member Blogs at one point, but it is my understanding that there is some software upgrading that needs to be done before those can make a return.

Archived